Page 554 of 891 FirstFirst ... 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 ... LastLast
Results 13,826 to 13,850 of 22254
    Is the singles line to join other groups or to ride solo? Now are those that want to ride solo handled? Around here in the land of COVID, there in no singles line and singles ride the gondi or the 6packs solo if they like.

^^^ It is typical Boyne.

1 singles line, 1 line for the folks who will ride with others and 1 line for those who choose to ride alone, very little direction or signage so there are people in both lines who a. don't mind riding with others and b. those who wish to ride alone/with their group.

When you get to the point of loading a maze attendant (usually wielding a stick of bamboo to herd the cats) asks if you are ok riding with others. And then moves the bamboo to allow you to proceed.

Kinda a Holy Grail and the Bridge of Death situation but with 1 question.

Troy just sent me this;

Big Sky Skiers & Riders,

We are officially more than halfway through our winter season, which as we know has been no small feat. I want to extend a heartfelt thank you: To our guests, who have masked up and shown up with patience and kindness, and to our team members, who have creatively and brilliantly adjusted to make this season’s operations a success.

We are not out of the woods yet as COVID remains a serious threat to our season. While the State of Montana has rescinded the statewide mask mandate, both Madison and Gallatin counties are keeping the mask requirements in place moving forward. Big Sky Resort supports this decision and will continue to require guests to mask up for the safety of all, and to comply with our county mandates.

Proper mask-wearing is the key to our most important goal: Staying open safely for the entire season. We have seen the majority of our guests adhere to our facial covering policy. Remember that masks need to cover your mouth and nose at all times. We have had the unfortunate duty to ask several non-compliant guests to leave the resort and we continue to maintain that approach in every similar instance. We respect everyone’s opinion on the topic of facial coverings; however, our policies are firm. For those that do not wish to comply, truth be told, Big Sky Resort may not be the right place for you to visit this winter.

Recently, several guests have shared feedback regarding our lift queues and wait times. Like many in the industry, the popular question we’re getting is: “How is it possible that we are limiting visitation when lift mazes appear full?”

The fact of the matter is: lift queues are an indication that our guests are compliant by maintaining as much distance as possible between parties, and that our safety protocols are working, by not loading chairs to full capacity. Lines are a reality of this COVID world, and especially so when paired with a weekend powder day, as we’ve recently seen. Our visitation caps are resulting in 15 to 30 percent fewer guests a day compared to last year. Those declines are a direct result of reduced lift ticket availability and limiting Ikon reservations.

This season, we made the thoughtful decision not to implement a reservation system for Big Sky season passholders. So, when you witness bigger lines and parking challenges, know that it’s more than likely that fellow passholders are skiing that given day. This season we have seen passholders skiing about 10 percent more than they typically do in an average year, and make up the majority of our visitation when compared to other products for lift access.
    From my conversations on lift rides I find this difficult to believe.

As the season continues, we ask our passholders to consider taking a quality versus quantity approach to alleviate some of the density challenges we are all seeing with lift queues. There is a high demand on Saturdays more than ever, so take this into account and plan around these peak days and times.

With your help, we’ll work together to keep everyone safely skiing and riding for a full season. We look forward to the day when we can welcome back all guests, with the resort firing on all cylinders and able to quickly and efficiently disperse skiers and riders throughout our massive 5,850 acres.

Troy Nedved, General Manager

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

From my conversations on lift rides I find this difficult to believe.

Incredibly difficult to believe. 3/4 of strangers I meet have never been here before, and I see less and less of the old heads.

...truth be told, Big Sky might not be the right place for you to visit this winter.
    This needs to be used more widely than just when talking about masks haha.

Friggin good skiing all over though, so good to see everyone (new and old) having good times.
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Heading up to West Yellowstone to get the skinny skis on with the wife this wkd - talked about maybe also trying to get out for a 1/2 day tour. Any mellowish tour/zones not too far from West? Have all our gear and Level 2 avy cert... any rec’s appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Telemark Meadows, Its a little bit of a drive, maybe 20 miles and is on Powderproject. Totally mellow and safe. There is a plowed parking lot and usually a skin track.

https://www.powderproject.com/trail/...lemark-meadows

Lot more than what is shown.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Awesome - Thanks! Looks perfect for what she'd be up for

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Telemark Meadows, Its a little bit of a drive, maybe 20 miles and is on Powderproject. Totally mellow and safe. There is a plowed parking lot and usually a skin track.

https://www.powderproject.com/trail/...lemark-meadows

Lot more than what is shown.

Monday and Tuesday this week was the first time I've seen a lot of the dirtbag-royalty types in the tram line all season. I had honestly been wondering if some of these people moved away.

I emailed Troy last week about increasing the tram capacity, because what's the difference between 10 and 15 in the beer can? He said they were seriously considering it, but as of Tuesday they had not made any adjustments. I have a feeling they won't. No real upside for them in relaxing restrictions at this point.

I saw very few single riders on Swifty this week. Also got asked if a single could ride with us regardless of which line we were in. Kind of weird, but didn't matter to me. The amount of maskless folk in the mall did bug me though. Who cares what the lift situation is if people who are inside and aren't eating aren't asked to wear one?

Two hour tram lines yesterday with the good vis.

Awesome week overall... Super happy with our timing. Hope it keeps up for y'all.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    More stoke from yesterday. Got damn that was fun. Get it while the gettin is good!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210218_111235.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	363741

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Awesome - Thanks! Looks perfect for what she'd be up for
    There is another spot along Bacon Rind creek on the west side of US 191 at MM 23 that is mellow and gets decent snow.

Nothing like the Bridger stoke but fun morning on Andesite.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Nothing like the Bridger stoke but fun morning on Andesite.

Oh, man... nice shot. I luv me some runs over on that side...

Collapsing and unstable snow everywhere but otherwise fun exploring.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210219_200713127.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	363801

^that looks awesome!

^^Nice, looks like your Basin recon paid off. Did you find time to sit in a radon mine?

Sick pics wrg/moshsh +++++.........snow appears to be tracked but ya wouldn’t know it from the current skiers trench/tracks/faceshots.......that’s a sure signs of blowtown.....rock on!!!

Getting my first Pfizer poke on March 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Sick pics wrg/moshsh +++++.........snow appears to be tracked but ya wouldn’t know it from the current skiers trench/tracks/faceshots.......that’s a sure signs of blowtown.....rock on!!!
    Yeah, that kinda snow that doesn't look all that deep until you realize the "base" is just more pow underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Getting my first Pfizer poke on March 4th.
    Got my 2nd Moderna yesterday. Feel like I got hit by a garbage truck.

Week from tomorrow we'll be on the way out!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Oh, man... nice shot. I luv me some runs over on that side...
    I love Andesite when it has good snow. I can get in a lot of skiing in three hours. And on the way out around noon Blue Room hardly had a track in it.

Another one from yesterday.

Another busy sat at disco but still pretty much walk on lifts. Stopped selling day tickets but all good for lazy passholders like me. Saw quite a few 6 plates. I know BB has better snow so I'm guessing its people who are getting screwed by reservation system? Also they opened the new lot from pburg side for maybe the 3rd time ever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Paging 0G, I have some Praxis FRS for you, if interested

Figure that this is a long shot, but are there any mags out there with a Big sky discount ticket willing to sell it? The lady and I are due to ski there this coming Saturday, and the ticket prices are making us balk.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I love 2" days.
    This guy gets after it. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Figure that this is a long shot, but are there any mags out there with a Big sky discount ticket willing to sell it? The lady and I are due to ski there this coming Saturday, and the ticket prices are making us balk.
    Surely someone around here has some extra discount passes. If not, I might be able to help ya.

[QUOTE=Whiteroom_Guardian;6241139]Getting my first Pfizer poke on March 4th.

How the fuck are you skipping the line. No way you are over 70 or a native American. Being a fuckin realtor is not an essential job....its quite the opposite. Dont be a selfish dick and cut in line little prick.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...xu4ZO_j43nkDu0