Page 635 of 890 FirstFirst ... 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 ... LastLast
Results 15,851 to 15,875 of 22244
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yeah it was nice today. First half-hour on Andesite was about as good as cowpow gets. Later I foolishly took some new skis on a bunch of tram runs and hit shitload of rocks... or maybe I just noticed them more. Oh well, no serious damage done.
    Bring em in to LMS

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Bring em in to LMS

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Just had you guys do a base grind on another pair yesterday.

Montana no fake news Trip Report:

So, Vail has like one fkn chair open at Stevens, Daisy. Decided to venture out and try Montana for my first time.

Day 1: Lost Trail, showed up on Wednesday and it was closed? WTF?! Went to the hot springs and got molested by a cowboy. Skied on what the locs said was powder Thursday. It was more like breakable crust and traverse day. They really need to replace that double chair with a high speed so I can get my shred on in Hollydork bowl or whatever that 3 turn shot was.

Day 2: Discovery, what a joke, rocks everywhere on the back, there is no snow, even the locals told me it sucks and spoke of a snow "donut" Evidently the storms never hit here. Got my ass kicked in Anaconda afterwards.

Day 3: Great Divide, this place is anything but great. I hear the mtn biking is good and I attended a protest in Helena.

Day 4: Game on. Bridger Bowl. Ready to teach you all how to ski but this garbage place seems to be a place you ride a lift to a place where you start hiking? My lungs were burning, and some guy was on my ass the whole way to the Fingers. No parking spots, got my skis stolen at the base area.

Day 5: Big Sky. Now this is a real ski area. I crushed it hard here. Lapped Lone tree, all 400 vert of it until my legs were burning and the real estate brochure in my pocket was calling my name. Day 2, and I hit SwiftCurrent, Mr. K was my kind of shredding. Scored a Combat Skier at Scissor Bills from the manager.

Day 6: Touring up Hyalite. Everyone was mean to me here. I got hazed out of the parking lot for not having this year's model of Arc' Teryx and tools to hack away at frozen water?

Day 7: snowmobile across Hebgen where the hoar frost was 4 feet deep. Got avied into a bear's den and had my face torn off. Shoulda done the snow coach thingy.

Day 8: Fuk Montana, headed for Schweitzer. This is like Whitefish, Nazis, fog, and shitty skiing. Goggles fogged all day, I think I skied a bowl and a tree run. Got my ass kicked again in Cour d a Lame.

Bottom line is that Montana sucks and fuck this thread, you guys are posers who think skiing on rocks is cool, cowboys in G strings at Hot springs are normal, and getting avied into a grizzly bear is a legit way to spend your fkn day. Utah rules, and the skiers in Jackson are way better.

Quote Originally Posted by dunderhead View Post

So, Vail has like one fkn chair open at Stevens, Daisy. Decided to venture out and try Montana for my first time.

Day 1: Lost Trail, showed up on Wednesday and it was closed? WTF?! Went to the hot springs and got molested by a cowboy. Skied on what the locs said was powder Thursday. It was more like breakable crust and traverse day. They really need to replace that double chair with a high speed so I can get my shred on in Hollydork bowl or whatever that 3 turn shot was.

Day 2: Discovery, what a joke, rocks everywhere on the back, there is no snow, even the locals told me it sucks and spoke of a snow "donut" Evidently the storms never hit here. Got my ass kicked in Anaconda afterwards.

Day 3: Great Divide, this place is anything but great. I hear the mtn biking is good and I attended a protest in Helena.

Day 4: Game on. Bridger Bowl. Ready to teach you all how to ski but this garbage place seems to be a place you ride a lift to a place where you start hiking? My lungs were burning, and some guy was on my ass the whole way to the Fingers. No parking spots, got my skis stolen at the base area.

Day 5: Big Sky. Now this is a real ski area. I crushed it hard here. Lapped Lone tree, all 400 vert of it until my legs were burning and the real estate brochure in my pocket was calling my name. Day 2, and I hit SwiftCurrent, Mr. K was my kind of shredding. Scored a Combat Skier at Scissor Bills from the manager.

Day 6: Touring up Hyalite. Everyone was mean to me here. I got hazed out of the parking lot for not having this year's model of Arc' Teryx and tools to hack away at frozen water?

Day 7: snowmobile across Hebgen where the hoar frost was 4 feet deep. Got avied into a bear's den and had my face torn off. Shoulda done the snow coach thingy.

Day 8: Fuk Montana, headed for Schweitzer. This is like Whitefish, Nazis, fog, and shitty skiing. Goggles fogged all day, I think I skied a bowl and a tree run. Got my ass kicked again in Cour d a Lame.

Bottom line is that Montana sucks and fuck this thread, you guys are posers who think skiing on rocks is cool, cowboys in G strings at Hot springs are normal, and getting avied into a grizzly bear is a legit way to spend your fkn day. Utah rules, and the skiers in Jackson are way better.
    glad you got the whole experience! It’s not for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Haha. Dunder/John c brings the quality posts.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    If you wind up with a pair, it'd be great to hear a review. I'm on a pair of Vulcans that somehow won't die and my only gripe with them is the strap.
    To be clear, I have a pair on some F1 LTs, and they're great. I just tried to put them on my Zero Gs now despite having a 2nd set, and I realized that I either lost or was never sent the 2nd set of hardware that pair of boots requires.

I recommend them, but it's probably hard to find the straps at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    glad you got the whole experience! It’s not for everyone.

+1

Nice TR, dunder-

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by dunderhead View Post

This should be pinned to the top. Bravo, perfect.

You got warmed up in Anaconda, how'd the fight scene go in Butte?

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Friggin nice day out there today. 2” is the new 8”.
    Troof.

Was hoping to see a few more pics from Big Sky this week. Looks like it was pretty good driving home yesterday.

I'm headed up this morning to see if there are any leftovers.

Speaking of Discovery and rocks - there was a couple of super rocky zones just above the traverse from bottom of Limelight Chair to the Granite Chair. Do those ever fill in in the big years? That would be some wicked stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    Speaking of Discovery and rocks - there was a couple of super rocky zones just above the traverse from bottom of Limelight Chair to the Granite Chair. Do those ever fill in in the big years? That would be some wicked stuff.
    I don't claim to know enough about big years but that area def gets "big sky" filled in and skied/hucked. In fact I had my first tomahawk in like 15 years last season there.

That TR is downright inspiring, I'm headed to anaconda tonight to pick some fights!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    Probably in that one huge year when Disco got 175".

Looking at On The Snow numbers for Disco.

Biggest year in the last 10 is 16-17 with 199"

Last two years look rough. 19-20 was 52". 20 -21 was 45". Could that be right? Ouch!!

Average of 121" - but that woulda been better before the last 2.

I guess if it's skiable in those years, it could be pretty sick when the snow comes back. I'm surprised you survived the tomahawk with those snow levels!!

Red Lodge parking lot for a warm weekend.
    Name:  77FDCF04-9DAC-43D3-B853-1854388CD6B5.jpeg
Views: 504
Size:  61.6 KB

Red Lodge parking lot for a warm weekend.
    Name:  77FDCF04-9DAC-43D3-B853-1854388CD6B5.jpeg
Views: 504
Size:  61.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Shredea[U
    gle;6528316]Looking at On The Snow numbers for Disco.

Biggest year in the last 10 is 16-17 with 199"

Last two years look rough. 19-20 was 52". 20 -21 was 45". Could that be right? Ouch!!

Average of 121" - but that woulda been better before the last 2.

I guess if it's skiable in those years, it could be pretty sick when the snow comes back. I'm surprised you survived the tomahawk with those snow levels!!
    I rode the chairlift with a local and this guy kept ranting about the "snow donut" I couldn't tell if he was down from the halfway house in Butte and on a meth bender or just mentally ill as most the people within 30 miles of the Pit are. Anyways, I researched this farther [/U]and a Patroller gave me a good run down on why Disco is pretty much snowless. It is basically in a snow shadow of the Bitterroot to the West, Pintlar's and Beaverhead ranges to the South, and Saphires from the SW. Any big SW, W, or S, storm is exhausted over the much higher elevations of these ranges. There is no orographic effect, and no plains to form some kind of a NW flow. This is why Disco is a rocky fucking mess and voted the #1 most over-rated place to ski within the tri state region. The place makes Mission Ridge feel like Alta.

As my TR stated, I had no luck even finding anything worth skiing at any of these small Montana hills. I did that big ass road trip and would rather have been skiing at Snoqualmie pass in a rainstorm than traversing around in deadfall, stuck on slow ass lifts, few if any après opportunities, and getting hypothermia in this frigid ass shithole of an avy ridden state. The only people or place with any CLASS were in Big Sky. I mean fuk, how is a civilized person even supposed to make it down that ridge thingy when there is not a one single trail sign? It might have been funny to everyone else that I was holding onto a tree, cliffed out and scared shitless but it wasn't funny to me and I am a paying customer. If there was a kiosk at the state line, I would have demanded my money back.
    Last edited by dunderhead; 01-29-2022 at 11:43 AM.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Big Scree was whacked yesterday. Lambcharger down 90% of the day which meant Swifty was fucked. When we got there the Exploder line was like 200yds long. Not kidding. Finally got to challenger and did a hike. It needs to snow again. Skied down to shooter. Holy shit. 30 mins.

Domino effect when Ram is down I suppose. Oh well. It was nice and sunny so that's cool. Should have gone on a tour though instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Big Scree was whacked yesterday. Lambcharger down 90% of the day which meant Swifty was fucked. When we got there the Exploder line was like 200yds long. Not kidding. Finally got to challenger and did a hike. It needs to snow again. Skied down to shooter. Holy shit. 30 mins.

Domino effect when Ram is down I suppose. Oh well. It was nice and sunny so that's cool. Should have gone on a tour though instead.
    That's exactly why I gave up on Pig Sty this season. Why pay upwards of $200 for a lift ticket to wait in line and ski crowded slopes? This coming Wednesday I'll be skiing deep untracked pow at Showdown all day for $40! No lines, no Ikon people, and no attitude.

Thank God Dunder didn’t come to snowbowl, or he might’ve had an aneurysm. Lot more cowboys in G strings around this part of the state too

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    FWIW This season has been less crowded than 19/20 or 20/21. Today was an anomaly and a result of simply not enough feeder lifts. Six Shooter being the only chair out of Madison Base is kinda stupid. Even if there was a quad that simply went up anywhere towards Horseshoe or something there would have been no real perceptible problem. I was talking to a couple different parties in the line who were on vacation. They honestly didn't care what they skied or where they ended up. A couple more lifts to dump people out on groomers anywhere and it keeps the small crowds moving.

One lift being down shouldn't change the entire mountain, but thats just how the place is laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    FWIW This season has been less crowded than 19/20 or 20/21. Today was an anomaly and a result of simply not enough feeder lifts. Six Shooter being the only chair out of Madison Base is kinda stupid. Even if there was a quad that simply went up anywhere towards Horseshoe or something there would have been no real perceptible problem. I was talking to a couple different parties in the line who were on vacation. They honestly didn't care what they skied or where they ended up. A couple more lifts to dump people out on groomers anywhere and it keeps the small crowds moving.

One lift being down shouldn't change the entire mountain, but thats just how the place is laid out.
    yep, when you drop access to Andesite you eliminate a lot of acreage, most of it blue and green.

RE: bottom of 6-shooter. There is a perfectly good lift line cut out of the bottom of 6-shooter that extends up to just below Lone Tree top. Boyne is probably hoping that Moonlight pays to eventually put it in. We cut that line in 2009.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Thank God Dunder didn’t come to snowbowl, or he might’ve had an aneurysm. Lot more cowboys in G strings around this part of the state too

Dunder, next time you're here beers on me at the Last Run Inn at Snowbowl if you promise to tell the unvarnished truth about it.

That MLB lift line you cut forms Pine Marten?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    There is a perfectly good lift line cut out of the bottom of 6-shooter that extends up to just below Lone Tree top. Boyne is probably hoping that Moonlight pays to eventually put it in. We cut that line in 2009.

Yep. Makes much more sense now why that "Ski Trail" is shaped the way it is eh?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

That line stayed fresher longer before it was named and mapped.

To keep the roll going the really big had the Thunder Wolf lift down today to make up for El Ocho being down yesterday. Someone put a large SUV (with all season tires) in the ditch off the poop chute near the old sky line yarder just below the Thunder Wolf lift. The last time someone followed their map app that way in winter they got stuck closer to pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Yep. Makes much more sense now why that "Ski Trail" is shaped the way it is eh?