Page 31 of 892 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nateski View Post
    sick. will iron horse be running? ie, will i be able to just ski over from bs, or will i have to shuttle it?

Yes and yes.

I almost forgot and this is as good a place as any.

We bought a bag jump.

50x50 and it will be set up at the bottom of Pony until we finish the site prep near the Madison village.

What do you all think?

About Bag jumps in general.
    Last edited by Bunion; 12-06-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    What do you all think?

I think that is cool as fuck !

No way would I do it (*), but I love watching (other) people doing that kind of shit.

Will it be in view from the bar, so that I can drink beer and watch the carnage ???

* = I am in my mid-50's and a complete beater, so I would probably break something, but more power to the young crowd that can. I'm jealous...
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Some pictures of skiing in Southwest Montana:

My turn:

Not blower by any means, but plenty of it to keep a brotha slashin and slarvin over buried rock and tree.
    Last edited by tone capone; 12-06-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Yes and yes.

I almost forgot and this is as good a place as any.

We bought a bag jump.

50x50 and it will be set up at the bottom of Pony until we finish the site prep near the Madison village.

What do you all think?

Never seen a bag jump, so never did one. Will stop and take a look and watch others attempt, will support MLB anyway I can!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post

Not blower by any means, but plenty of it to keep a brotha slashin and slarvin over buried rock and tree.

Very worthy Tone.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

RE: Bunion's Bag Jump

Hey Bunion: That ex-patroller that you and I both know had his 6 y/o son go through a ski gymnastics class this summer that included a foam pit. He said the little ripper can do inverted aerials now. I will tell him about your bag jump and offer up couch space. Can kids do it/any age restriction ?
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Sign a waiver and throw down.

Just got word we are going to be delayed a few days so no bag jump til next week, but if Gibby makes his way over give a holler.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Bunion, any word on the snowfield?

Very worthy Tone.

Indubitably. Badass.

Just some entertaining little mini golf hobbit lines I wandered across. Sweet that it had such a nice early season snowpack. Snow stayed good through the warmup but just barely. I could smell the spf 4 tanning lotion wafting in on the breeze from Hawaii on Wednesday. Things were an absolute mess below 8000'. Good thing that's over, let's go shred soon!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBuecking View Post
    Bunion, any word on the snowfield?
    Its going to be a bit, we need to get the Headwaters open 1st.

Quite deep today up here. No tram but its still snowing and isn't showing signs of slowing down.

Anything off the tram open up today?

any idea on day ticket prices for moonlight on monday 12/10? are they going up to non peak season rates?

Quote Originally Posted by mnskier View Post
    Anything off the tram open up today?
    Couloir was open, nothing else.

In other news, even yesterday was super fun. Cold, light, blower and almost no one at the mountain. Felt like mid-week skiing. Not tons of deep, but plenty of stashes still to be had, mainly due to wind deposits. Fuck, I love to ski.

Headed to Bridger this afternoon. Shout if you see the best skier on the mountain in a ridiculous orange Trew jacket.

Sunday was indeed good.

Stormy upper cirque on Saturday afternoon

Looking across at Lone Peak and the Madisons from Hangmans

2day.
    Wow.
    That is all.

Sadly was forced to watch from the webcam. Was drolling as it just kept coming down

Edit: Somebody must have pictures from today!

2day.
    Wow.
    That is all.
    Not cool. I have a final today and tomorrow and thus couldn't go. God damn. Glad it's snowing.

the snow at moonlight was really bad today. and it was really crowded.
    oh wait...

Sucked ass trying to keep up with my group as we did untracked laps.

Quote Originally Posted by OverTurn View Post
    Sunday was indeed good.

Stormy upper cirque on Saturday afternoon

Looking across at Lone Peak and the Madisons from Hangmans

Must be nice to be friends with patrol

Ho hum, another 4-6" last night and more "showers" forecast.

Supposed to really snow on Monday.

Bring it.

Fuck you guys suck. Lil different from last mid December last year aye boys and girls??