Page 707 of 891 FirstFirst ... 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 ... LastLast
Results 17,651 to 17,675 of 22274

Thread: 2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Opening on black friday would be a zoo, I'll be staying home and eating leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Seems to thin for a bbowl opening. Not bad for skinners but sustained traffic would grind it down to dirt
    I have not been up there skinning yet so no idea. This was relayed by a long time BB employee.

Personally I would prefer they held off, be a nice day to go up and work off some calories with an uphill slog.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Nice pics shred n shralp! Bb has been able to make a fuck load of snow these last 2 weeks. The lower mtn is looking better than opening the last 2 years. I could easily see them turning for the weekend. Took our sleds out last week to make sure they still fire up. Mine fired up beautifully! Pants actually could for a second too. Coulda been worse somehow I guess....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Oh shit dude! Glad you're ok

Nice sacrifice to the sled gods. Praise Tele!

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Nice sacrifice to the sled gods. Praise Tele!
    Some ppl burn old shitty skis......

forgot to take the parking brake off
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    This was relayed by a long time BB employee.
    Rumor I heard was BB is not opening before dec 2nd and it's unlikely that will happen. It'd be pretty bold of the new GM to open this friday

Epic meltdown dude! Holy shit.

I vote BB should open. I've definitely seen way worse openings most years. New GM should come in aggressive for the people Bridger skis sick at low tide. It rewards good technical skiing and knowledge of the mountain with powder turns in unlikely places. Although with this windy preseason, most of our powder turns are long gone at the moment.

Sorry about the sled! Or was it an excuse to buy a new one?

That was an impressive smoke show and I am glad you are fine even if the sled isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by usdatele View Post
    Some ppl burn old shitty skis......

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    forgot to take the parking brake off
    Ha! Literally backed it off the trailer n turned it around. Parking brake was off, n even if it was siezed, wouldn't have heated to spontaneous combustion that quick. Forest service special investigation unit is on it. They're even working in shifts!

Headed to Downing Mtn. Lodge in Feb but spending two nights in Missoula prior. Best area to stay to be near some food/music/whatever? We will be on foot or Uber, etc.

Downtown is best for nightlife stuff. Higgins Avenue, north if the river. AC hotel and Residence Inn will be the pricey side, but gives you the location.

I had a buddy rent an AirBnB in the Wilma building that was cool, no idea of the cost.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

^ Go Bougie and stay at the AC hotel in downtown, or the Marriot next door. I got quoted under $180 for a room there two weeks ago. Next to all the fun little bars and coffee shops.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Forest service special investigation unit is on it. They're even working in shifts!
    Do they, like, you know, got any leads man?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Stay out of Malibu, ya deadbeat!

Mr. Treehorn draws a lot of water in this town.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Big sky is back to saying 4 lifts will be open tomorrow.

"Good Morning, Skiers and Snowboarders, this is Joe with your Big Sky Snow Report for Monday, November 21, 2022.

It’s looking to be a gorgeous day here in the mountains of Big Sky. We are just a few days away from spinning the lifts for the general public and we hope you are just as excited as we are to get the season underway.

We have received over 27” of Montana powder in the month of November and 32” for October bringing us to a total of 59” this winter thus far. As a bonus we have had frigid temps that have kept the snow on the ground and allowed us to have one of the best snowmaking starts ever. With all the great snow we are planning on opening a day early on Wednesday, November 23, and we can expect to have one of the best openings in recent years.

We are expecting to have over 2000 skiable acres available and spinning lifts will be Swift Current 6, Explorer, Challenger, Iron Horse and all the base area carpets, open for the public. Ramcharger 8 will open on Thanksgiving Day allowing the race camps that are currently in progress to finish up strong. More terrain and lifts will open as our incredible Mountain Ops Team and Ski Patrol deem it is safe and Mother Nature allows, so as always pray for lots of snow."

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Downtown is best for nightlife stuff. Higgins Avenue, north if the river. AC hotel and Residence Inn will be the pricey side, but gives you the location.

I had a buddy rent an AirBnB in the Wilma building that was cool, no idea of the cost.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    ^ Go Bougie and stay at the AC hotel in downtown, or the Marriot next door. I got quoted under $180 for a room there two weeks ago. Next to all the fun little bars and coffee shops.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thanks for the info guys!

Nice pics shred n shralp! Bb has been able to make a fuck load of snow these last 2 weeks. The lower mtn is looking better than opening the last 2 years. I could easily see them turning for the weekend. Took our sleds out last week to make sure they still fire up. Mine fired up beautifully! Pants actually could for a second too. Coulda been worse somehow I guess....

I'm not too good at post fire CSI so I'm not sure what type of sled that was but I did just see that Polaris had a bunch of recalls for degraded fuel causing electrostatic discharges inside on the fuel tank. Hopefully that was the culprit and you can get a new one!

I'll be up at showdown for a few laps Fri. Ticking off small Mt hills. Holler if around!

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    I'm not too good at post fire CSI so I'm not sure what type of sled that was but I did just see that Polaris had a bunch of recalls for degraded fuel causing electrostatic discharges inside on the fuel tank. Hopefully that was the culprit and you can get a new one!
    Looks like a cat to me

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Looks like a cat to me

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Ya, 15 m8. RIP thunderpussy. I think something shorted or a wire got chewed on to send a spark. Thing ran awesome 80% of the time. 20% wicked frustrating.

Hope challenger will turn tomorrow! Nothing like early season rocky bumps to wake the legs up.