Page 891 of 891 FirstFirst ... 886 887 888 889 890 891
Results 22,251 to 22,274 of 22274
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Today was fucking good. Deep hero snow that stayed cold even when the sun was out. Lenin was great. When the bowl finally opened it was great too.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Typical Big Sky powder day shitshow. But the fresh tracks off the tram were worth it. So deep and perfect consistency.

Big sky tomorrow? Pm please.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Today was fucking good. Deep hero snow that stayed cold even when the sun was out. Lenin was great. When the bowl finally opened it was great too.

Noice noice!!

Butte has it all.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Big sky was pretty good today but couldn’t get over having to feed them $31.20 every 30 minutes to feed my addiction. What a crock of shit especially with half the mountain closed.
    Last edited by toastybroski; 04-18-2024 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Big sky was pretty good today but couldn’t get over having to feed them $31.20 every 30 minutes to feed my addiction. What a crock of shit especially with half the mountain closed.
    I was thinking it would be ideal if after 4 or 5 per ride charges, it was free the rest of the day. I also found it funny they don't email any receipt and the credit card charge seems to be from some random time zone on the other side of the world.

The day last week I took my 8 year old up to do Liberty it was the only run open and pretty bad mank on the upper half. They should have been paying people to ski it to compact the snow :-) , but charge was still $25 per ride. It was cool being the only ones in the tram other than the operator.

It racks up so fast when the skiing is good and it’s walk on. I didn’t see a sign anywhere saying how much it was either and had to ask. That must get some people.

Big Sky … saw a bunch of lifts sitting idle on a bluebird powder day. What a damn shame. Laughed as I passed by headed to the backcountry.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    It racks up so fast when the skiing is good and it’s walk on. I didn’t see a sign anywhere saying how much it was either and had to ask. That must get some people.
    It flashes on the little lightboard up high out of sight practically, in between ads to download their shitty app. They used to just post a paper signpost at the entrance to the line, which is a much more clear and obvious way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Big Sky … saw a bunch of lifts sitting idle on a bluebird powder day. What a damn shame. Laughed as I passed by headed to the backcountry.
    The place is definitely limping to the finish line this year.

Challenger opened today it was OK for a couple runs.

So hear me out. Spring skiing at big sky is all about awesome tram laps. If you get a twin tip pass you’re going to be paying 30+ bucks per tram ride. 5 rides and you are already more than a day ticket. So buying a lift ticket would make more sense than skiing with a season pass. How does that make any sense.

I guess it only makes sense if you don't want to ride the tram. Otherwise, yeah, late season tickets are usually discounted enough to offset the tram charge, if it's included as it will be next year.

Somebody I was skiing with the other day came up with a brilliant idea for non-tram pass holders. Ski with a gold pass holder. They ride the tram with their skis and you pay $10 for a scenic ride. They leave their skis at the summit, ride back down, grab your skis, get in line again and go back up. Then you ski off the summit together, with you having saved $15-20. Depending on the tram line it might take 15 minutes to an hour. Piece of cake.

Or just buy a stupid gold pass and commit to skiing there as much as possible, see how it works out. Zero down/zero percent interest for 6 months they are advertising now.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

My personal baseline for world class resort riding is Jackson Hole. After buying a couple midweek and 3+ passes at Big Sky over the years, I’m just not sold.

Bridger will always get my money and praise.

Did you wake up in the middle of the night to post this?

Working overnights … sigh

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'll be at BS closing day in my sling just soaking up the sun and vibes at the base area.

Driving through BFE Wyoming on my way back from Colorado. Looks like Big Sky got the goods while I was away!

Hit A-Basin, Copper, and Winter Park as well as a 3 day hut trip on Vail pass. Highlights of the trip include laps on the East Wall of A-Basin (seriously rad terrain), seeing the highest elevation lighthouse in the world, and being a Harry Dunne lookalike at the Copper lodge where Dumb and Dumber was filmed!

Stoked to close out the season at Big Sky this week!

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

^^Cool man, looks like an awesome trip. I had a great time when I visited A-Basin. Definitely some legit terrain. Three day hut trip sounds fun too.

Friday is looking good at BS as of today's forecast. That's probably the day for me if it snows. I'm too much of a grumpy asshole to deal with closing weekend shenanigans anymore.

The end is nigh!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Gnar - How u gots de upload skillz?

Nice Steller's Jay.

^^^ Tapa-talk or so I am told.

Did he bring along his own bag? The world wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Gnar - How u gots de upload skillz?

Nice Steller's Jay.
    I also think you can still upload via advanced reply instead of quick reply