Page 691 of 884 FirstFirst ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 ... LastLast
Results 17,251 to 17,275 of 22084
    This thread sucks and always has. Your shitty town is being overrun and the best anyone can do is a fucking bumper sticker? The Mag's here are lining up to grab their ankles and allow Pig Stye to slide it in, just the tip and some of the shaft. If anyone wants to fight, I am the fourth trailer down on the south side of Wal Mart. Yellow bucket by the door

Quote Originally Posted by dunderhead View Post
    This thread sucks and always has. Your shitty town is being overrun and the best anyone can do is a fucking bumper sticker? The Mag's here are lining up to grab their ankles and allow Pig Stye to slide it in, just the tip and some of the shaft. If anyone wants to fight, I am the fourth trailer down on the south side of Wal Mart. Yellow bucket by the door
    I don't wanna fight, tried knocking and even have a sixer of Bud heavy in my hand to split with you, just got chased away at each stop. You sure you're #4?
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Fuck off clown.

Quote Originally Posted by dunderhead View Post
    We could really stick it to the YC by denying them our business. That'll show em!
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Grace Potter, who I never even heard of, absolutely knocked my socks off. Wow she put on a show.
    Grace Potter can bring it…

go see Jerry Joseph and the Jack Mormons in Virginia City, MT this weekend - you won’t be disappointed

https://youtu.be/mdoHB6o4kZI
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Madison Base

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1659708165.726119.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	423149

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Used to see Jerry Joseph play all the time at the Top Hat when he was with Little Women. Dude has been around a loooong time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1659724568.655372.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	423163
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Went for a bike ride this morning. Sourdough to the Moser system then Leverich. Just about the time I was starting the ride my best friend and long time ski and mountain bike partner died after a years battle with cancer. RIP Pete.

He was a well known fixture around Bozeman and before that Big Sky and has tended bar at Aleworks for the past 20+ years. Pete was a pretty big guy, 6'1" and 235 lbs until the disease whittled him down to 175. He fought a good fight although in real life he was a pretty gentle guy for someone who played D3 Hockey. For someone his size he was a good mountain biker and skier although he did have the delicate touch of a blacksmith.

The 1st time I started to get to know him was on a May White Rim trail ride with a bunch of people. We got slammed by a thunderstorm just as we were getting to the top of Murphy's Hogback and camp. It rained like hell for 3-4 hours and dinner was a delayed and muddy mess. The next day the snow line was about 700 above us. He and I were riding the trail to the next camp at Potato Bottom when I watched him tip over, wash out his wheels and go sliding about 30 feet in the rapidly drying mud. I didn't know him well enough to laugh at him out loud so I held it in.

Over the years we partnered in some really fun or really stupid epics including riding out of Little Wapiti creek in full darkness (serious Grizzly habitat) when an epic turning into a super epic or doing the Lone Mountain Loop and him cracking on the last climb out of Moonlight to ride back to the Meadow.

From what his wife said he went peacefully, the past couple of weeks have been hell for him so..... RIP Pete, may the single track go on forever.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Noooo.. wifey and I were regular customers for years. He poured us our first drinks when checking out the town in 2008 before we moved.

We had some great barside chats. He was stoked when I got back into skiing after 20+ year hiatus, he'd always ask if I bought some more skis when we'd come in, knowing the answer was yes and laughing when my wife would give me the side eye.

We stopped going in with the pandemic and then my wife stopped drinking so we hadn't been back. This makes me sad.

RIP Pete. Sounds like a great friendship.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

hey, Bunion -

my Condolences !

yours is a Nice tribute to your friend - Thank you...

again, my Condolences -
    with love,

tj

FknA, Pete ! giv' er ! !!
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Thank you mikey b- for the Life's just Bitchn' reminder.

I enjoyed many a bar side chat with Krebs years ago. I knew he was having serious health issues, but this still makes me so sad to hear.

Condolences Bunion. RIP Pete.

Sorry for the loss bunion, sounds like a life well lived.

I never met Pete but please accept my condolences to you and his family on his passing. Pete sounds like he was a great person and it unfortunate he died so young.

I don't post on here much or pretty much ever. Here's a link to the go fund me page for Pete. Pete was one of the few people who was always nice to me and the rest of the staff at the bike shop. He was purely a good person and he will be missed. Get out and go for a big bike ride today for Krebs.

Thank you for posting that.

Pete probably served me many times over the years and, I believe, the first time we visited for my ex-wife's job interview that allowed us to move up here.
    I didn't really know him but he was always friendly. I quit drinking at the start of Covid so I hadn't been in for a while. A couple weeks ago we went to Ale Works for dinner and I didn't see him and wondered if he still worked there. Sorry to those who knew him better than I.

Dang, @Bunion 2020 , so sorry to hear this. So hard for those of us left standing when a friend checks out early.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Condolences. I had a few conversations with him over the years and he was always just a really nice friendly person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Fuck, I knew that guy too. Always extremely kind and remembered me from my on-and-off visits and residencies in BZN and MT. I think he started at Aleworks when they first started out in 2001 or thereabouts, I remember him being there forever.

My condolences, Spence.

Thx, was talking with another friend today and we guessed he started there shortly after they had opened so 00/01 or there about. Hope you are well.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"