Page 712 of 749 FirstFirst ... 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... LastLast
Results 17,776 to 17,800 of 18707
  1. #17776
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    19,840
    Same here, another bit of office and then the drive.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

    "Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

  2. #17777
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    773
    Damn. Didn't even know this was in the forecast. Jealous...y'all enjoy!

    And thanks UAN for the grey card rec. Buying one this morning.

  3. #17778
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    15,691
    Puking insanely hard in the canyon.

  4. #17779
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    19,840
    That was well worth the drive down. Dakota was ridiculously good and you could manage a lap without crossing too many tracks.

    Ran into a Mags wife who flies the green cross, she was sporting a brand new Mammut airbag pack that while nice, looks heavy as hell. Hopefully it doesn't lead to a bunch of back injuries.

    Rode the chair with a kid who told me how Montage is renting one of the rooms in his condo as employee housing. He had a room mate move in, they became friends and then he received notice the room mate had quit/lost his job and has to GTFO and it falls on the landlord to do the ejecting. Ouch.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

    "Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

  5. #17780
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    That was well worth the drive down. Dakota was ridiculously good and you could manage a lap without crossing too many tracks.
    Awesome. We are getting so spoiled right now.

  6. #17781
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    19,840
    Today it was wind transport and lots of fluffy snow available to blow around along with 2-3" new and a lot of terrain per skier.

    Shedhorn has really good coverage, same with Andesite and the theme seems to be, "ski it up!"
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

    "Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

  7. #17782
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    5,982
    Incredible day. Some of the best champagne powder I've ever skied at Big Sky. Lapped Liberty/Bavaria 5 times after paying $40 for the tram. Bavaria was siiiick. So was Andesite at 9 a.m. Wish I had a decent photo to show but twas not a good day for phone pics. Legs are cooked!!


  8. #17783
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    15,691

  9. #17784
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    903
    I had a Zoom call with some people in Big Sky today, but that wasn’t as fun.

  10. #17785
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Ran into a Mags wife who flies the green cross, she was sporting a brand new Mammut airbag pack that while nice, looks heavy as hell. Hopefully it doesn't lead to a bunch of back injuries.
    I overheard a patroller saying they only need to wear those when throwing bombs. He made it sound like that is the norm these days and BS is just "catching up." No idea if any of this is true.

  11. #17786
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Today it was wind transport and lots of fluffy snow available to blow around along with 2-3" new and a lot of terrain per skier.
    There was at least 6-8 inches on the Andesite groomers when they opened. Some of the finest cowpow I've ever skied and hardly anybody on it. I think Andesite actually got hit hardest by the squall. It was definitely blowing off Liberty and into Dakota/Bavaria. Probably onto Lenin and Marx too, could be epic if they open today.
    Last edited by yeahman; 12-01-2022 at 03:44 PM.

  12. #17787
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Gallatin County
    Posts
    1,422
    I am not so happy with my decision to work out of state for the month of November. Typically I would be missing Mr K, Lower Morning Star or possibly boney CJ laps. Rip it up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Yup, today was awesome.

  13. #17788
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    19,840
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I overheard a patroller saying they only need to wear those when throwing bombs. He made it sound like that is the norm these days and BS is just "catching up." No idea if any of this is true.
    It is true to a great extent. Many patrols have supplied air bags to the staff and have a set of protocols for when they are used. From what I was told the BS patrol is fully supplied with Mammut products- Beacon, shovel, probe and airbag. Kudos for them getting that deal in place.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

    "Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

  14. #17789
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Happy Monday.


    Funny, I was in that lineup on Monday, 2nd row. Finally settled into my place in Livingston this week, I'll be making the drive over Fri am, got to leave pretty early to get to the early chairs... maybe meet a screen name or two? I'll be looking like this - T Name:  IMG_4289.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  113.3 KB
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

  15. #17790
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    15,691
    I plan to be in the lineup early tomorrow. Blaze orange FRS jacket and black vest, FRS decal on my helmet, biggest 'stache you'll see all month probably. Hard to miss I think.

  16. #17791
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bozeman
    Posts
    319
    I'll be up in the morning too, excited for new skis, new boots and new snow!

    I had a really good bootfitting experience this week at MT Ski Tuning and Bootfitting (behind Winco). They spent a full 2 hours with me and I left impressed. We'll see how the boots feel on the snow tomorrow.

    I'd love to take a lap with some Mags. Red Arcteryx Jacket and brand new ON3P Wren Ti's. Maybe a blue pack. Say Hi!

  17. #17792
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by HobieTony View Post
    Funny, I was in that lineup on Monday, 2nd row.
    Hey, I remember you. That's me in your photo, red jacket blue pants.

    Must be a bad angle though as I'd like to think I'm a bit taller than that.

    I'll be up early tomorrow as well. Not sure my outfit though.

  18. #17793
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Hey, I remember you. That's me in your photo, red jacket blue pants.

    Must be a bad angle though as I'd like to think I'm a bit taller than that.

    I'll be up early tomorrow as well. Not sure my outfit though.
    Not short, just foreshortened. See you in the morning! T
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

  19. #17794
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Hey, I remember you. That's me in your photo, red jacket blue pants.

    Must be a bad angle though as I'd like to think I'm a bit taller than that.

    I'll be up early tomorrow as well. Not sure my outfit though.
    I thought that was you in the photo but didn't you have a bright yellow camera pack?

  20. #17795
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    149
    I'll be up to...but afternoon shift with my older kiddo probably running Challenger laps. Green coat, brown fly low hat, probably Praxis FRS skis. Be fun to ski a few if anyone is still around.

  21. #17796
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I thought that was you in the photo but didn't you have a bright yellow camera pack?
    I had a yellow pack like three or four years ago. It was too big though so I changed to this black pack a while back.

    How long are you in town? Sounds like we might be cookin' up an ass kickin' time for tomorrow

  22. #17797
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    I'll be up to...but afternoon shift with my older kiddo probably running Challenger laps. Green coat, brown fly low hat, probably Praxis FRS skis. Be fun to ski a few if anyone is still around.
    Where's OG? Haven't seen him post since we got the band back together....

  23. #17798
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    I had a yellow pack like three or four years ago. It was too big though so I changed to this black pack a while back.

    How long are you in town? Sounds like we might be cookin' up an ass kickin' time for tomorrow
    Returned home after skiing yesterday. Looks like it will be good for you guys tomorrow, enjoy!

  24. #17799
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    149
    0g should be around. Not sure if he is skiing tomorrow (think he is working tomorrow night) but hoping to ski some laps with him this weekend. He was in Durango for the opening weekend.

  25. #17800
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Returned home after skiing yesterday. Looks like it will be good for you guys tomorrow, enjoy!
    Word. Well glad you got the goods yesterday.

    Let me know when you get back down. I'm pretty flexible this month.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •