Page 611 of 891 FirstFirst ... 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... LastLast
Results 15,251 to 15,275 of 22274
    Forecast for Big Belts looks pretty decent this week, of course it will all blow into North Dakota, but......

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by elesquiador View Post

I saw patrollers making turns on Marx. They were ripping big turns right down the gut, so it must be decent up there.
    Classy

Prob more about getting a toboggan out than walking across rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by regct; 12-12-2021 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Anyone be up there tomorrow with extra skis that would fit a 339bsl? Buddy just moved to town and staying with me for a bit. Just got his pass. His new skis won't be here until this week and he starts his new job this week anyway.
    Swing by Lone Mountain Sports presented by Christy Sports and I've got a pair of 189 Kore 105 with demos he can take out.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Swing by Lone Mountain Sports presented by Christy Sports and I've got a pair of 189 Kore 105 with demos he can take out.

Word

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Classy

Prob more about getting a toboggan out than walking across rocks.

Yeah I think you are right about the toboggan. Just amazing there isn't even enough snow to farm to connect 100 feet of MR. Dire straits. Hope whatever comes through this week helps out. I hear Chally is very close. Apparently they are sending lifties out just to stand around at the closed lifts bc the lifties need the hours and the resort can't afford to lose anybody. Already so shortstaffed they can't open all their restaurants.

Anyway, the Christmas stroll last night was a great party as always. Drank waaaay too much.

Lone Mountain Sports presented by Christy Sports
    So that part is true? I can't help feel that between the approval of Flatiron and this that Big Sky is now officially done.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    So that part is true? I can't help feel that between the approval of Flatiron and this that Big Sky is now officially done.
    Well as Joe Biden once said, "Nothing will fundamentally change." At least at LMS anyway.

Time will tell, one thing is certain. A national chain like Christy Sports up at the mountain will totally freak the hell out of Boyne.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Lone Mountain Sports presented by Christy Sports
    Good for Scott. I hope he cashed out for a buttload of money.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I can't help feel that between the approval of Flatiron and this that Big Sky is now officially done.
    The Flat Iron development approval process is far from over, but your point is well taken. I'm hearing that Northern WI is the new place.

Day 1 for me today. The bowl skied great.

There were some kids sending it.

Good for Scooter indeed. I think he bought the place from Harry and Russ right about when I 1st moved to BS.

@T, yeah I hear ya, its not just that particular development. Unless the economy cracks next summer is going to be even busier, both Bozeman and Big Sky. All manner of subdivisions in the planning phases right now.In the 70s I spent some time in WI as far up as Wausau, mainly around the Madison area. Looked like it would be pretty nice.

Nice pic Swimmy!

I heard the Montage had a job fair, expecting two or three hundred applicants to show up. They got 23.

At least they got a New Jersey plate...

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Dick parking aside, those are pretty weak looking boots. What, 30 seconds with an angle grinder to lose that?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Dick parking aside, those are pretty weak looking boots. What, 30 seconds with an angle grinder to lose that?
    Hell, a hacksaw and a can-do attitude would do it pretty quick.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Lost trail, quiet,deep 2/3 feet on the ground. One other dude skinning. Xc trails across the street also nice. What a great area.

I'm doing my best to send this pound-town train of snow your way. I'm headed out to ye olde Bozeman on Jan 6th/7th to meet up with LBskier and Hoarhey to ski Big Skree for a few days before we head south to Jackson. Think snow and I hope to shred with some of you then.

i heard the owner of Grizzly is part of this? tru?

Not true. That is a large family, it is one of the Grizzly owners siblings. He is a good guy and the family is well connected through real estate, when I bought my Hill Condo in 97 his older sister was my agent. At one time she was John Ks. secretary so her Big Sky history runs deep, I was one of her 1st clients and she is a sharp woman and has done extremely well, we have always been friendly and her husband is a top notch guy.

Anyway, my interpretation is that through various real estate transactions sibling was able to piece together some investors with deep pockets (not hard here) and sell them on this plan.

From a distance it sounds great, up close is a different reality.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 12-13-2021 at 07:16 PM.

He is a good guy and the family is well connected through real estate
    My experience has been different as his words and actions are misaligned and have eroded my trust and respect.

^^^ You are lot closer and more tuned in to the current state of Big Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Lost trail, quiet,deep 2/3 feet on the ground. One other dude skinning. Xc trails across the street also nice. What a great area.
    We camped in parking lot over the summer, plan to take kid there in our camper again this winter.......

Teton Pass opening Friday.

Name:  tp.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  40.9 KB