Page 610 of 891 FirstFirst ... 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 ... LastLast
Results 15,226 to 15,250 of 22259
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yeah it's a mind fuck, especially the part above the roof. It was rated 5.9+ when I did it but now they call it 5.10b. Follows a cool little dike the whole way.

Attachment 395946
    I mean... at least it's only 'R' and not 'X' amirite?? But still... FTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Best place in Bozeman for high quality gift baskets?
    I like the Chalet Market. You can buy online. Elk and bison meat sticks, huckleberry jam, etc.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I like the Chalet Market. You can buy online. Elk and bison meat sticks, huckleberry jam, etc.
    Good call. Great selection and friendly staff. That's my new go-to for client gifts.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6445.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	965.3 KB 
ID:	396017

Do we still post photos on here?

Surprisingly excellent turns in the Big Sky backcountry today. Shallow, but quality all the way back to the car.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yeah it's a mind fuck, especially the part above the roof. It was rated 5.9+ when I did it but now they call it 5.10b. Follows a cool little dike the whole way.

Attachment 395946
    9+ is the classic sandbag rating from the 70's. It's like 5.9 A1 in the Canadian Rockies.

At least the riding is still good.

Name:	IMG_6928.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	396018

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    At least the riding is still good.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

This hit my youtubes today. And of you wanna claim a cameo here?

Yeah, thanks, now a guy in underwear hanging on a cross will forever haunt me on future winter rides.

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post

Name:	IMG_6445.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	965.3 KB 
ID:	396017

Do we still post photos on here?
    Nah…mostly bitching and clout stories.

Nice job getting after it!

Whitefish opening exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations. It's bushy and thin, but snow quality was good, crowds weren't bad, and there was more open than I expected. Hopefully this next week produces some depth.

Literally snowing everywhere in Western North America except SWMT. I haven't burned a pair of skis in 15+ years.....desperate times call for desperate measures?

Literally snowing everywhere in Western North America except SWMT. I haven't burned a pair of skis in 15+ years.....desperate times call for desperate measures?
    This is the Montana I know and love, it's always snowing somewhere else. Maybe this will make everyone realize that it snows more consistently in CO and UT and they'll all return to suburbia.

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    This is the Montana I know and love, it's always snowing somewhere else. Maybe this will make everyone realize that it snows more consistently in CO and UT and they'll all return to suburbia.
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXT2i..._web_copy_link

You're experiencing the common, much-maligned and seldom discussed snow donut of which SW MT is famous. Tell your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    You're experiencing the common, much-maligned and seldom discussed snow donut of which SW MT is famous. Tell your friends.
    Ah yes the ole donut hole. I’ll take mine with a side of 70mph wind please.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Flatiron project advances.

By Bella Butler EBS STAFF

BIG SKY ­– The Gallatin County Planning and Zoning Commission unanimously advanced the Flatiron development project at a Dec. 10 meeting, hoisting the large project over the first of many regulatory hurdles it’s likely to face.

The commission’s members heard presentations from the developer, Middle Fork Properties LLC, and contracted experts throughout the seven-hour meeting before approving the project’s Planned Unit Development, which includes 1,440 units in Gallatin County within 14 building envelopes.

“Now we will get to work on conditions and continue to improve the plan,” said Chris Leonard with Middle Fork Properties in a statement written to EBS after the meeting.
    https://www.explorebigsky.com/gallat...elopment/42011

Name:	flatiron-illustration-2048x1315.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	302.1 KB 
ID:	396175

BIG SKY – The Gallatin County Planning and Zoning Commission will decide tomorrow whether to advance the large-scale proposed Flatiron development in Big Sky.

At a potential inflection point in an uphill battle against public scrutiny, the project faces its last chance to gain approval for its Planned Unit Development, the first step in a lengthy process for approving the development.

The 2,635-unit PUD at the northeast base of Andesite Mountain garnered broad public attention after its developers, Middle Fork Properties LLC, presented the project to the Big Sky Zoning Advisory Committee in August.

The committee, which advises the Gallatin County Planning and Zoning Commission on Big Sky and Gallatin Canyon zoning matters, first delayed its vote on the project at its August meeting because committee members said they lacked information needed to make a recommendation.

The committee in October unanimously voted to recommend that Gallatin County deny the PUD, leaning heavily on public disapproval expressed during the comment period.

The Flatiron PUD was originally slated for consideration by Gallatin County in mid-October, but the developers requested the decision be delayed when a few commissioners were absent from the meeting.

“We believe that it was in our best interest to have the Flatiron project, based on its scope and magnitude, reviewed by the entire planning commission,” said Chris Leonard with Middle Fork Properties in a Dec. 8 interview with EBS.
    https://www.explorebigsky.com/county...t-dec-10/41977
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Fuuuuuuuck LMS sold! End of an era

Just heard Lone Mountain Sports went to a new owner.

Thanks for everything guys and gals, you were the best!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Just heard Lone Mountain Sports went to a new owner.

Thanks for everything guys and gals, you were the best!
    Oh no! Good for them but bad for us. Love that place. Hope the new owners keep it a great shop.
    Last edited by WMD; 12-11-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Decent snow on the South Wall today, probably did a dozen laps out the Turkey. Kept waiting for the tram to open but nada. Windy af but a nice day.

Decent snow on the South Wall today, probably did a dozen laps out the Turkey. Kept waiting for the tram to open but nada. Windy af but a nice day.
    I'll be there tomorrow. Was there any actual talk of tram opening?

Some talk, and they hinted at it on the snow report too. But no telling what the wind did to the peak.

Patroller I talked to on the chair today said there is 100 feet of bare rock on middle road that's keeping them from opening it. His opinion was that they should open it up and let people walk across, but apparently that's not the consensus. Maybe some snow cat time will get it covered up.

I saw patrollers making turns on Marx. They were ripping big turns right down the gut, so it must be decent up there.

Quote Originally Posted by elesquiador View Post
    They were ripping big turns right down the gut
    Fuuuuccckkk.
    Last edited by yeahman; 12-12-2021 at 07:30 AM.

Anyone be up there tomorrow with extra skis that would fit a 339bsl? Buddy just moved to town and staying with me for a bit. Just got his pass. His new skis won't be here until this week and he starts his new job this week anyway.