Page 10 of 890 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    bb also scoured with snow squall wind devils kickin up- survival at times... driftline on drcs was soft as was rightside of sluice and avygulch...wind has things very smooth actually but todays temps kept the carvy factor low, yesterday however had to be some of the fastest bronco runs of my yr- speed is fun /newsflash

shld be at bridger jtrue, happy to share the bb hardpack smooth lines thru the moguls p90x workout, heh...fun season as always but as shallow as ive seen-

wow, you must be fiending (@tone). get that robot shit out of you. and then make it start snowing. I was on the verge of quitting my job at the beginning of the season, but the weather never helped me out with that one.

hey. here you find a former new englander turned scandinavian transplant who is going to spend a few days in Bozeman feb26-mar2. had some avy training and skied bunch of off piste in alps.. going to buy some equipment for myself when I am back in the US as the price is much cheaper. how are the options in bozeman area price wise? or should I just search online?

anyone going to be at bridger or big sky during that period feel like having someone tag along (i follow directions well- such as stick right or dont go through there)? i spring for teh 3 B's (beer BBQ and bud) for services rendered.

If this weather pattern continues, there will be a lot of shops sitting on a lot of touring gear that they may want to liquidate.

If it does start snowing (it will eventually), the current snowpack is going to demand heaps of respect and caution. With your attitude you should have no trouble finding some friends here to show you around.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    Heading up to Bozeman February 24th for a couple days with the girlfriend. Picking up a 4 Wheel Camper for the Tacoma as well. Probably ski Bridger a couple days, one day at Big Sky or Moonlight Basin, and a day touring. Anyone going to be around to show us the goods ?
    Sure! Depends on when you come. Admittedly, I'm probably not the best backcountry guide. I'd also advise you to switch things up and spend a few more days at Big Sky and/or Moonlight at this point; simply a better snowpack and conditions. Bridger will be worth a shot, but if you're coming tomorrow, it won't be worth a few days.

In the meantime, work on bringing some snow with you, damnit.

EDIT: Anyone in the valley have a Salomon jig that I can borrow for an evening in trade for some beers? I have a pair of 900s I'd like to mount and not freehand. Gracias.
    Last edited by Bobcat Sig; 01-31-2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: need jigglies

i wish i could bring snow with me. but funny. finland had a black christmas for most of the country. we only recently started getting snow.. it was a few inches every other day for a couple weeks.

alas. this cuntry is flat however. so i hate snow these days.. nothing but slippery and cleaning the driveway twice a day. thanks snowplow.

i will try to contact the shaman spirits up north and get a storm brewing..a few caps of amanita muscaria will do the trick.lol. cross yr fingers!

Thanks for the offers, I'll be in touch as the time gets closer. Probably gonna wing it and go where the snow is. If Jackson is getting hit we will head down that way after a day somewhere around Bozeman.

Hey, to the folks in the Tram line today who were bummed that the MLB crew needed a cabin to themselves. We apologize.

We were running a bit behind due to some work/training we needed to get done in Headwaters. We cannot ride in a Tram Cabin with public if we are carrying explosives, we were today.

We need to carry shots to the Summit because we don't have a legal storage facility. Usually we get that done prior to the Tram being open. Today was an exception.

Today we had to carry shots to get the N. Summit open.

We don't mind if you flip us off, but pissing on the door of our posting station is juvenile and really weak , so to whoever was the dog, .
    Last edited by Bunion; 02-01-2012 at 06:39 AM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Wow, that's pathetic. Guys like Bunion and his patrol and the BSSP put their lives on the line on a daily basis so we can all ski Lone Peak safely. You will survive waiting the 5 minutes for the next cabin. And I know Tram Ops probably didn't appreciate cleaning your piss off the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Hey, to the folks in the Tram line today who were bummed that the MLB crew needed a cabin to themselves. We apologize.

We were running a bit behind due to some work/training we needed to get done in Headwaters. We cannot ride in a Tram Cabin with public if we are carrying explosives, we were today.

We need to carry shots to the Summit because we don't have a legal storage facility. Usually we get that done prior to the Tram being open. Today was an exception.

We don't mind if you flip us off, but pissing on the door of our posting station is juvenile and really weak , so to whoever was the dog, .

Wow. Seriously weak sauce... Karma can be a cruel mistress however...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Every time somebody gets pissed at you guys they piss on your door. What's up with that? Maybe a suggestion box would work. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post

I love Big Sky and MLB, but sometimes the jaded, aggro dipshit locals really piss me off. Sorry to hear that, Bunion. To the guys that pissed on the door; they can go get fucked.

I know you guys work your butts of to get things open and make the mountain safe. It's a thankless job, but THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by lolkl View Post
    Every time somebody gets pissed at you guys they piss on your door. What's up with that? Maybe a suggestion box would work. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion and thanks for the laugh and while I am at it.

Thanks for the thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I love Big Sky and MLB, but sometimes the jaded, aggro dipshit locals really piss me off. Sorry to hear that, Bunion. To the guys that pissed on the door; they can go get fucked.

I know you guys work your butts of to get things open and make the mountain safe. It's a thankless job, but THANK YOU.
    You would be aggro to if all you did was ski on fuckin rocks all day long and jaded if you had to see our Tetons From there. Can you also see us get twice as much snow every season in a mountain range ten times as sick? As for them being dipshits, nothing says dipshit like making the conscience decision to live in a place full of jaded agro assholes where there are more stop lights then women. And we all know there is only one stop light, and just like you all have to wait at that light for your turn to take a left to come shop at Wal mart, you all also have to take your turn to depants the only member of the female race presently present. Why pee on the door? COuldn;t you wait to get back to the meadows to shit on each others faces like the average Pig stye ski bum does for jollies?

STFU John. Your mom called from upstairs and said your hot dogs and mac'n'cheez is done. Fuckin' troll killjoy. Get laid or something, huh? Sheesh...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    STFU John. Your mom called from upstairs and said your hot dogs and mac'n'cheez is done. Fuckin' troll killjoy. Get laid or something, huh? Sheesh...
    sheesh axeldouche has no one shit on your face this week or something?

It's called the continental divide and all you clueless fucks live east of it.

What's your total this year? like 88 inches? that is as many inches as you will find at a closet man on man gang fuck in the mens stall at a tgr movie premier at the moose. That is as many inches as we get in a half a storm cycle down here in the Wasuck. Fuck, just a little edgy it's all in good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post

What's your total this year? like 88 inches? that is as many inches as you will find at a closet man on man gang fuck in the mens stall at a tgr movie premier at the moose. That is as many inches as we get in a half a storm cycle down here in the Wasuck. Fuck, just a little edgy it's all in good fun.
    We ski here because endless technical steep pow got boring, so now we have the same, but with rocks everywhere to keep it interesting.

F.Y.I. You guys don't have shit on the Cascades...

hmmm, well the pillows on Cowboy ridge with 500 inches of cascade concrete are pretty good. As are the jobs with a two foot base in full chalk. It is kinda faux exposure cuz if you fall you end up halfway dow the mogul feild to the right of Peirre's........ with a broken femur! but I'll take Alpental on a wednesday, it's kinda what Revy wishes they were.

Hey John. Do you need a friend?

yes! nobody likes me!? and I don't know why? i usualy ski by myself. Better then everyone on this gay ass forum....... and way better then axeldouche!

Oh man! if I ever see you, I will be sure to give you a pro callout, since you are so good.

But seriously, we need more snow...

but I'll take Alpental on a wednesday, it's kinda what Revy wishes they were.

And our loss is Alpys gain.

Wow...such a burn, numbnuts. Congrats. You sure showed me, uber-skier.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Hey John ... obvious troll is obvious. Go cunt up some other thread. This wasn't started as a dick measuring contest between Montana and Jackson. We get it, Jackson has a lot of snow. Great. You proved a point that didn't need proving. You want a gold star or something?

In other news, Big Sky skied most excellent yesterday. Once again, Challenger delivered the goods. The tree off Dakota were holding well into the day, as was Rice Bowl.

The not so good? Getting rocked out in the nether regions between Liberty and Dakota bowl. To add insult to injury I lost my Suunto watch during the hike out or when I augered into a skree pile prior to hiking. Awesome.

Sorry, no stoke. Too busy skiing the goods and losing expensive watches. The upside is that Marx, Lenin, Castro, Dictators and everything back there looked fantastic. Go get some!

Beautiful bluebird day at Big Sky today. Nice uncrowded day ripping on the groomers.