Thumbs up military discount at Jay Peak

For anybody that is in the military, even reserve or national guard. Jay Peak offers a 50% discount on lifts and lodging. Thought you might want to know

you also get almost 1/2 off a snowbasin season pass (495 instead of 875)... I think a lot of places do that... even movie theaters around here (because of Hill AFB)

Quote Originally Posted by TJ.Brk
    For anybody that is in the military, even reserve or national guard. Jay Peak offers a 50% discount on lifts and lodging. Thought you might want to know
    That is very cool.

Keystone offered/offers a Liberty pass for same (military and national guard). It's $99 for the season and $69 for their rugrats.

Yes alot of places do. But you need to remind yourself to ask. And also you can find out about military retreat lodging at alot of resorts through any military bases "MWR" office (moral welfare and recreation). Most often it only costs like $10 a night. Aspen and Vail have units there. And you can take MAC flights for about $20 from one AF base to another.

Satalite, Cable, Net, and others offer discounts as well. Even car insurance. GM gives an extra $1000 discount as well.

So where do I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by warthog
    So where do I sign up?
    You did already

Squaw still rules this discount at 100% for all active duty servicepeople.

and the sierra out does the green mountains once again.

I'll be the first to admit, though, that some of my best ski days (at least before I moved out here) were at Smugglers Notch back on HS ski trips. Alsa, my days of making out under sleeping bags in the back of ski busses are over, and to make things worse, I heard she got married.

Mount Baker has a sick military discount - your lift ticket, normally $39, is now $38!!!

Yeah, one dollar!

Kind of wonder why they bother...but oh well, that's still cheaper, and after 5 days of doing it I can buy lunch at taco bell or something.