Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Stealthcraft Boats

Anyone have any beta on Stealthcraft Boats? http://stealthcraftboats.com/

I ran across the company, contacted them and have almost been converted. Actually, I prolly have been converted.

Not may folks row these boats in the west. They are designed and built by a naval engineer/fishing guide in MI. Really quality guy from my short experiences. Damn fine rig!! They can be made basically to any spec you want. Lots of options etc...

Having rowed a lot of boats of all sorts I have yet to find a company quite as dialed as these guys. Really a tremendous product!

All aspects of these boats are absolutely on point from everything I can see.

Anyone....anyone?

These look pretty solid. Any idea on the cost? I'm looking for something that can handle the South Fork and still run over to Oregon for a three night float down the Deschutes loaded with gear...
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

Had a 12' drift boat from them and loved it. Nothing bad to say about the product or the company. The 12' boat was ideal for 2 and doable with 3. I might be a little worried about the 'stealth bottom' becoming delaminated if you plan on hitting a lot of rocks (like on the smaller rivers here in CO). Last I heard, a guide with Teton Valley Lodge runs Stealthcraft....although I think he passed on the 'stealth bottom'.

Nice to hear a good report. There are two guys at TVL that row em.

GGL- I will prolly order one this winter and hoping to get another couple folks on board to make it worth the shipping.

The prices vary depending on what you want etc..

They do have a guides price.

Have you checked out these guys yet?

http://www.adiposeboatworks.com/

I haven't rowed one yet but have heard good reports plus you could always bomb up to the Mo for a long weekend and give one a *test-run*

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    Have you checked out these guys yet?

http://www.adiposeboatworks.com/

I haven't rowed one yet but have heard good reports plus you could always bomb up to the Mo for a long weekend and give one a *test-run*
    I rowed one. Nice boats! They only make a skiff though. Which, for me isn't too practical. If I was in that market Id buy their boat.

Not 100% sure I'm going to replace boat yet...only reason will be if the company can't stay in biz??? This stealth raft company seems to be very well dialed on the type of boat I like. Adipose has a fantastic design! They are closer to the mainstream build in regards to the make-up of the boat, from what I know.

The stealth craft superfly will hold a ton more beer, two anglers AND even have room for Kessler on a summit trip.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post

The stealth craft superfly will hold a ton more beer, two anglers AND even have room for Kessler on a summit trip.
    One of these summits I'm gonna show up with two of them goofy newfies.
    Those are both sweet lookin boats, the way this winters going I'll be lucky to have $$$ to pull my boat anywhere let alone a sweet new one.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    One of these summits I'm gonna show up with two of them goofy newfies.
    Those are both sweet lookin boats, the way this winters going I'll be lucky to have $$$ to pull my boat anywhere let alone a sweet new one.
    If you bring 2 of them you're gonna need to trail an extra boat or teach one of em to row. That's alotta dog for one boat! See ya next year!

"CENTER UP" dork dogs
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

this boat looks badass, especially if its lighter than aluminum and you can get it without the console!
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Yeah, those look sweet! I was trying to convince my wallet I needed a jet-sled that I could use for lakes and some remote rivers that require one around here but with the cost of the motor too, I chose wisely and backed outta that thought.

I rip around in one if you buy it and bring it through the Tetons on AKPM PLT next year!

been fortunate to have spent many hours on the White river in both the 15 ft aftermath and the 16 ft superfly! great boats with tons of storage options for expeditionary floats! they are hardbottom rigs, which may cause aggravation in low water, although I am very happy with my RO skiff, I would buy a stealthcraft in a hearbeat!...

Bump.

Just solidified a new 16' Superfly! Super stoked.

Mike Batcke, (the owner of Stealthcraft boats), was awesome to deal with. Extremely passionate about drift boats and the sport in general. He and his crew know their shit. He did not try and sell me. Instead he let his product and knowledge sell itself.

It you're in the market, give Stealthcraft a ring. You won't be sorry.

I will post pics and a tr when I get the boat this summer.

Nice schwerty! The specs look sexy, but onto more important criteria for your new ride:

Didja go w/ Realtree, brown trout, or baetis decor?? Don't tell me you stuck with something boring like a solid color.

Quote Originally Posted by igBand View Post
    Nice schwerty! The specs look sexy, but onto more important criteria for your new ride:

Didja go w/ Realtree, brown trout, or baetis decor?? Don't tell me you stuck with something boring like a solid color.
    I don't have to think about the color stuff for a while but sorta dig the fishy patterns on the website just not really on my boat. If you have any ideas, pretty much anything is possible the way they do it, I think. If they throw a pattern on this boat I'd rather it not be fishing related. I'm no artist and I sure as shit am not in the market to pay one big bucks to come up with something fancy.

Art on boats is a bit foreign to me. It doesn't catch fish or help you row.... But, kinda cool if it isn't too loud!

Let's fish one of these weekends!

I had to laugh at this part of the description for the 18' Kenai model:
    "Who want's to row 4 guys in front of the rower?"

All the guides up here on the Kenai do this and it always looks like a shitshow. I guess it doesn't matter where you put the clients when you're more of a babysitter than guide and just trying to get through the day...

That 18 footer looks super fun for big rivers and lakes! If I have a big yet work-wise or win the lottery I'm gonna pick up one of Stealthcraft's jet sleds. Not holding my breath!

Hey schwerty,

Whats the status on your stealthcraft 16' superfly. Im out here in CA, and they havent floated this way yet, however interested in your feedback on it. Also have you rowed any other drift boats besides this one. I currently own a 04 clacka 16' ffb, which will be sold before i head up to Alaska to guide for the summer. When i get back, its all about getting me a new boat which is my work vessel. I want something that is easy on my clients, easy in easy out and to walk around, of course its gotta row well too. I have rowed several wooden db's, aluminim and glass hydes, as well as several clacks. Nothing has rowed better than the wooden with the clacks being second. Im looking at the 16' superfly and 16' eddy from clacka.

Would love hear your input
    Thanks
    Brian

Brian

I have been rowing hard boats for 20+ yrs and stand by the Steathcraft design. The interior is far better thought out and most importantly performs better than every other boat. Nothing comes close! The materials are equally as quality.

While the hull design is good and rows well, I think there are easier boats to row in calm, flat, windy water than the 16'. Despite the pronounced front rocker, these boats handle extraordinarily well. I enjoy mild whitewater, class III, so, it is perfect for me. The 16' would be a great AK boat, depending on where you float, obviously, its not a small stream rig.

The stability and functionality that these things have is outstanding! Hands down the best guide boat I have ever owned. Great for rc floating too.

If you find yourself in the Tetons, you are welcome to row mine.

Thanks for the info.
    This will be my work and rc vessel. Primarily the work vessel. Im looking for a boat that better suits my clients, then secondly me.

Here in CA where i guide there is some wind, but it varies, not a lot of long stretches of calm aka frog water. I do a good amount of back rowing, feathering, keeping the clients in the sweet spot then following the drift down back row up and repeat, anchoring and motoring(to get through the frog water).

As much as i wish i could bring my boats to AK, they have boats already. And ill never see classIII, anytime soon.

I want a functional boat thats easy on my clients and that doesnt kill me after 8-10hrs of rowing with 1, 2 and sometimes but rare 3 clients. The reason i was looking at the clack eddy is i already row a clack and it rows good, not like my woodies, but better than others. Its a high side so horrible in the wind, but does everything i need just fine.

Thanks for the offer

Here is my email shoot me a line so we can talk more.
    Brian@norcalflyguides.com

I'm outta town on spring break with my family until Friday. Not much opportunity to get online so it might have to wait.

Sounds good. Looking forward to hearing feom you.

Thanks

Schwerty,
    Shoot me an email when u can

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a 15’ Aftermath. I need something that can carry three people and two dogs. I dig the set up of the oarsman seat with the ability to walk around.

My uncle does artwork for them, so I may be able to get something custom.

https://stealthcraftboats.com/stealt...artist-series/

How did you like your’s Schwerty?

id go highside 18" at the oars aint a lot 3" can let a lot of water in
    i couldnt evarz justify a 1300 paint job on a driftboat
    but its your bling