Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Do it Bob!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I had Mike and the guys at stealthcraft build us one two years ago, and we’ve been really happy with it. I went back and forth between the aftermath and superfly, finally settling on the slightly smaller aftermath. Main reasoning for this is it’s a little more manageable for my wife to row, and a lot of the time it’s just the two of us and the dog, so the extra space really isn’t needed. I’ve had 3 guys in it on the south fork, with overnight gear and big motor. Fully
    loaded for sure, but the boat still fished great.

They built ours with a front pedestal that can be swapped out for a fiberglass double seat dry box. There are small tie down bars glassed into the floor, and the box is held in place with two large cam straps, a big cooler could be run in that spot as well. 95% of the time I run the pedestal. I Really like the open feel and it’s great room for the dog. Between the other compartments, There is a ton of additional storage space in the boat. The box is nice for booze cruising 4 people or overnights where you want a lot of extra dry storage. I also had them add a full “western” tray down the left side, which I really like. The custom art work they do is pretty sweet, but not quite my style. We did do the Kevlar veil, which seams to be much more durable than standard gel coat.

One thing I wish I did do was upgrade the bottom. I have the chime guards but with the standard gel coat bottom. Unlike my previous RO, these boats are solid floors. The plasticore/glass is at least an inch thick and bomber, but it does not flex around rocks at all. We run a lot of rocky, skinny water and have beat the gel coat up pretty good already. And my Wife has a thing for absolutely slamming rocks… surprisingly she’s done no real damage to the glas or core, just some big chunks of gel coat gone. . Mike is now doing a heat molded Polyurea bottom, and I think that is the ticket. He’s going to pick mine up and put the new
    Bottom on this winter, only charging me base materials and the return delivery cost.

The boat is super stable and sits high in the water. While they are heavier than some others, The rocker profile and solid construction allow it to track and backrow really well. It also handles a motor nicely. I often run a 6hp yamm or electric troller, both on the river and still water. Ours is the standard low side, and I feel it is way more stable/ rides higher than other low side boats I’ve fished out of. For sure significantly more stable than our previous RO skiff. The high side they make look burly. I think they would be great for NW rivers, particularly for plug fishing 2 people out of the front for salmon/steelhead. Or if your are planning on running alot of class 3 in it. For me running mainly 1/2 and the occasional class 3 rapid, the standard is great. The high side would be too much boat to deal with in the WY wind.

If you do order one, I will tell you to be patient. They are a pretty small company, dealing with a lot of supply chain BS, and have a ton of ordered in the pipeline. In 2020 ours was 3 months late getting started. Once the boat actually went into production, Mike was great to deal with. Finalizing layout details and texting me update pictures every couple days.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5438.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	418134Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67604610382__FBF63087-08F6-4CFC-9B2F-E0A38B59F832.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	418135Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4153.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	716.0 KB 
ID:	418136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3795.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	683.8 KB 
ID:	418137

Last edited by jpcmoriarty; 06-05-2022 at 07:31 AM.

+1 on patience. Mine was 6+ months late with plenty of excuses and dodged calls from Mike, its par for the course from SC. It's a sweet boat, great quality and well thought out and worth the headache, but just beware it won't be anything close to on time.

Excellent info, thanks! I’m going to get ahold of them next week and see about availability and delivery time, I’ll take it with a grain of salt.

I have a line on a used one I might be able to buy at the end of the season.

Talked to Mike this morning, have it kitted out much like JPC's along with their new bottom coating. He said I should see it Thanksgiving/Christmas time, as long as it's here by 4/20 I'll be happy. I did go with the HD just in case I get brave enough to row Red Creek.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    stoked for ya
    never really considered runnin redcreek a bravado thing
    its just somethin thats gotta git done to float/camp the best section of river
    till ya hits the gates that is
    regardless dogs n lowsides aint a good combo
    unless its the lou dog
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Stealthcraft Boats

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Thinking of pulling the trigger on a 15’ Aftermath. I need something that can carry three people and two dogs. I dig the set up of the oarsman seat with the ability to walk around.

My uncle does artwork for them, so I may be able to get something custom.

https://stealthcraftboats.com/stealt...artist-series/

How did you like your’s Schwerty?
    Sorry haven’t been on much lately.

Love Stealthcraft’s! On my 3rd. I row the 16’ with a removable double box that has a pedestal up front when not hauling 2 in the bow or overnighting. Mike put on the e-anchor system on this one so I could give it a shot. A little techy but cool. Seems like there is too much going on with those to last the life of most boats. I’ll snap a few pics of the latest 16’ from Stealthcraft when I can.

BobMc - hit me up if you’re ever in the Teton area. Your welcome to take my boat for a spin.

Put down the 50% deposit last week. Been chatting with my uncle, he’s going to do a custom skin for me. He’s been wanting to do a map of the ABC for a while. He’s going to draw one up for my boat.

It’ll look something like this except the Green instead of the Pere Marquette.

Name:	7A6B45A1-07A5-4566-8060-10DFFCF511ED.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	425.0 KB 
ID:	418610

He’s waiving his portion of the artist’s fee so I’m paying even less than their standard veil. I’m super excited to get this!

Fuck yeah Bob. Happy for you.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Stealthcraft Boats

I was so jealous of Schwerty and BobMc’s Stealthcraft boats that I had to join the club.

I called up Mike, owner and CEO of Stealthcraft, dropped schwerty and Bobs real names, so he knew he was dealing with a huge fly fisherman.

By chance he was headed to Big Sky for a relatives destination wedding, and it turned out I knew the place he was renting. Gave him recommendations for good breakfast places and we cut a deal.

My new boat is small, only 2-person, and perfect for musky fishing around here. Very high quality, every little detail is dialed on this boat.

https://stealthcraftboats.com/stealthcraft/stalker/

Delivery was super cool. They are based in Michigan, and I am in Wisconsin. This morning they loaded the boat on the Lake Michigan ferry.

https://www.ssbadger.com

Pic they sent me this morning, loading in Michigan

Name:	Image1658191622.640021.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	421856

Unloading in Wisconsin

Name:	Image1658191652.056225.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	421857

Manitowoc WI harbor

Name:	Image1658191682.042826.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	421858

Small car, small boat. Perfect for my minimalist lifestyle.

Name:	Image1658191737.844792.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	421859

S.S. Badger, the Lake Michigan car ferry

Name:	Image1658191770.329494.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	421860

Boat is now parked at my grandfather’s old cabin.

Name:	Image1658191832.580955.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	421861

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

FKNA!

Damn Harry congrats!!! Looks absolutely dope. Hope you catch some killer muskies with it!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Congrats Harry!! That is awesome, I need to make a muskie trip to your neck of the woods and work on my newb skills!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Hot damn!
    swing your fucking sword.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    aint that seat and leg locks just gonna git in the way of standin on the cooler
    tryin to figure 8 up 4 foots of muskalunges
    fkna stoked 4 u
    ill be in it eventually
    i got some propulsion sticks if ya need em
    how many oar strokes to the island?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Congratulations Harry on the new addition to your Northern WI Navy! With all these Stealtheads out on the water it is going to be even harder for us wader and bank fisherman.

nice boat Harry, congrats

Only thing missing is a happytimefunbox and itd be ready to party! My man that is a tight little ship! I cant wait to row you into a musky one day in that dory.

Put me in for a "I fished with Harry" t-shirt when the first run comes out.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Awesome Harry! Great seeing ya too! You will be super pleased with that boat!

An eclectic crew you are!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Oh man, I'm beyond excited, my Uncle finished the artwork for my boat!

Name:	image003.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	579.5 KB 
ID:	444488

That is gorgeous! Your uncle did an amazing job.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Oh man, I'm beyond excited, my Uncle finished the artwork for my boat!

Name:	image003.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	579.5 KB 
ID:	444488
    That boat is beautiful. Congratulations Bob, you work hard and you deserve a boat like that.

How is it being shipped from Baldwin ? If you come back here to pick it up, don’t be a stranger.

Thx guys, that’s a mock up of the artwork overlayed onto a stock pic. He wasn’t sure which boat I was getting so he overlayed it on a 13’ Sniper, mine will be a 15’ Aftermath HD. But that’s pretty much what it will look like, I’m pumped. I love the map of the ABC.

Harry, I’m either having it delivered or having my buddy Doug (Lives in Kalamazoo Michigan.) drag it out here when he drives out in April for a couple ski weeks. Hopefully see you in Boblandia one of these days…

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    You can practice running red creek with my boat before you pop that cherry with the new hoopty.