Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

So I'm going to buy a new laptop

B, thanks for the share, it brought tears to my eyes...
    Much love to you and the family.

Big Lenovo fans here too. I’ve snagged our last two Lenovo’s around Black Friday time from random 40-50% close outs they do on Lenovo’s site. If you’re not desperate, check their site often and bide your time. Some crazy deals on Lenovo and Thinkpads pop up.

Wife’s was a MacBook Air-esque Yoga 13” that ended up 60% off list. It just hit the 5yr mark and is ready to be upgraded.

Mine, last year, was the 14” Ideapad 720s - their MacBook Pro and Dell XPS competitor. Came with 8th gen Intel 8550u, 16GB, 500GB SSD, Nvidia, and very color accurate non touch/non 4K screen for $705. Over half off and a third the price of the same spec’d MBP from the year before.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm old and cheap - so YMMV.

T540p's are more than fast enough for most anyone, if you're not really cranking the CPU.
    Yeah, it's got a, what 5th gen i5/i7, but so what?! [Sure the 580's and 590's are sexy and cool, but they're also pretty expensive.]

Pick up one well under $200 on ebay, stuff a good SSD in it and you've got a very nice machine for well under $300.
    Get 8-16G of RAM - but you can find used SODIMM's cheap too, if you can't find it in the machine to start. With a SSD, you're probably good for another five years.

I've never found anything I believe is as tough as the TPad T, X, W or R [now retired] series machines.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Microsoft hw has come a looonnng way in the past few years. the new Surface laptops are fantastic in my opinion.