Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 552
  1. #501
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    24,214
    Happy fucking Christmas you mother fuckers. Dog bless.

  2. #502
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Shadynasty's Jazz Club
    Posts
    10,245
    Merry Christmas!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1671977961.494986.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	439866
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

  3. #503
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    21,408
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


  4. #504
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,284
    Well go on smartass and do it!

  5. #505
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    you see a tie dye disc in there?
    Posts
    4,604
    Merry Christmas everyone, hope your stocking is full for 2023

  6. #506
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    14,000
    Christmas Day 1975 I opened a box under the tree that had Salamon 202s in it. In my stocking I found a pack of lift and lesson coupons for Buck Hill. Up until then I'd only been skiing back yards and farm hills with neighborhood friends on some garage sale Northlands with screw on edges I had cut down and bear trap bindings I had moved forward..

    I hand screwed the 202s on to those Northlands crooked as all fuck. When I got to the resort the liftee send me to the shop to get safety straps before he'd allow me to ride the lift.

    I hockey stop turned my way in to an intermediate lesson group with some college exchange student kid with a German or Austrian accent. He told me to try to get the crooked toe piece mounted better so I redid it that night. Skied all christmas break there and did work the lessons.

    My garage sale boots were WAY too big.

    Best Christmas Break EVER!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  7. #507
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    34,955
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Well go on smartass and do it!
    Schwartz is one of the great under-appreciated characters in all of cinema history.
    I still call it The Jake.

  8. #508
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,284
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Schwartz is one of the great under-appreciated characters in all of cinema history.
    Factual. Possibly the most under-appreciated element in one of the great under-appreciated masterpieces in cinema. Considering how well Bob and Jean nailed the center of their bullseye, only to have the work rest in obscurity for most of a decade, even Donnie is more respected.

  9. #509
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    11,674
    I find Christmas day to be pretty much the most boring day of the year. Everything is closed other than gas stations and Chinese restaurants, tv sux and even the interwebs are quiet.

  10. #510
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    13,944
    There’s certainly some truth to that. Unless you’re skiing.

  11. #511
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    9,883

    I love Christmas time

    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Merry Christmas!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1671977961.494986.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	439866
    Family full of adults and we watched Emmett Otter Jug-Band Christmas this afternoon!

    *after skiing. I mean that’s what Christmas is for. Only boring people are bored.

  12. #512
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not in the PRB
    Posts
    32,566
    Merry Christmas maggots!

    I skied Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Not boring.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

  13. #513
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    7,342
    We have a new movie tradition, Violent Night

  14. #514
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    20,879
    Name:  wait-not-christmas-tree-pot-charlie-brown-lucy.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  38.7 KB

  15. #515
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bottom feeding
    Posts
    10,768

    I love Christmas time

    All total, I was making dinner for 20 people on Christmas Day.
    I made turkey stock a few days before for gravy, thawed 20 pounds of turkey breast for sous vide, and had finished making mashed potatoes on Xmas eve. I was chopping vegetables for a side dish, when Mrs. Plug comes into the kitchen with a strange look on her face and says: “we’re out of water.”
    I go downstairs and half the carpeting is sopping wet, so obviously there’s a burst pipe (which I have to tear the wall apart to find and fix). We call a plumber, which means nothing, (especially here). I shut the water main off and laugh.
    We text the group and three of the couples/families offer to host, so we took one couple up on it. I melted a bunch of snow, finished the sous vide, prepped everything, threw it in the car and we had Christmas.
    I guess that’s what it’s all about .
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

  16. #516
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    SW CO
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    All total, I was making dinner for 20 people on Christmas Day.
    I made turkey stock a few days before for gravy, thawed 20 pounds of turkey breast for sous vide, and had finished making mashed potatoes on Xmas eve. I was chopping vegetables for a side dish, when Mrs. Plug comes into the kitchen with a strange look on her face and says: “we’re out of water.”
    I go downstairs and half the carpeting is sopping wet, so obviously there’s a burst pipe (which I have to tear the wall apart to find and fix). We call a plumber, which means nothing, (especially here). I shut the water main off and laugh.
    We text the group and three of the couples/families offer to host, so we took one couple up on it. I melted a bunch of snow, finished the sous vide, prepped everything, threw it in the car and we had Christmas.
    I guess that’s what it’s all about .
    A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!

  17. #517
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    4,279
    It's been a marked improvement this year, for me, this Christmas season. Some early-season skiing has certainly helped. All in all, it's been good thus far. We hosted Christmas dinner for nine and it was a success, good times, too. Nicely hung over the next day. My brother was up from San Diego and we got in some skiing, along with plenty of movie-watching. It was great.

    The wife helped a great deal too, forcing me to help decorate, and that turned out to be pretty fun.

    While the season isn't over, I'm enjoying it a great deal more.

    Happy New Year, ya maggots!

  18. #518
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    7,342

  19. #519
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    34,955
    Bout that time, yeah?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8370.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	592.7 KB 
ID:	478899
    I still call it The Jake.

  20. #520
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    7,407
    donno man... still got massive turkey farts goin on here.



    fact.

  21. #521
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    24,214
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    donno man... still got massive turkey farts goin on here.



    fact.
    Perhaps the turkey has gone bad and you should be posting in the would you eat it thread.

  22. #522
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    15,450
    5yo granddaughter was over yesterday “helping” grandma with Xmas decorations

    Kid comes over with a bunch of nativity scene statues.
    “Who this?”

    “Those are the Three Wise Guys. They came from the families in Sicily and New Jersey to show respect for Joseph, who ran the building trades in Nazereth. Everyone called him ‘Joey the Hammer’.

    This one is Vinny, who brought gold chains from Sicily. He said people just gave them to him when he said he was going to visit Joey. Most of the clasps are broken but can be fixed.

    These are Guido and Tony. They ran shipping out of the Port of NY/NJ. They brought frankincense and myrrh. They said this stuff fell off a truck at the docks”.

    “Wow” sez granddaughter.

    Ms TBS walked back in the room, asked “what are you doing?”

    “Ganpa told me about the three wise guys. See, it’s Vinny, and…who are these Ganpa?”

    “Guido and Tony”

    I was banished to my home office for the rest of the visit.

  23. #523
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    13,445
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    5yo granddaughter was over yesterday “helping” grandma with Xmas decorations

    Kid comes over with a bunch of nativity scene statues.
    “Who this?”

    “Those are the Three Wise Guys. They came from the families in Sicily and New Jersey to show respect for Joseph, who ran the building trades in Nazereth. Everyone called him ‘Joey the Hammer’.

    This one is Vinny, who brought gold chains from Sicily. He said people just gave them to him when he said he was going to visit Joey. Most of the clasps are broken but can be fixed.

    These are Guido and Tony. They ran shipping out of the Port of NY/NJ. They brought frankincense and myrrh. They said this stuff fell off a truck at the docks”.

    “Wow” sez granddaughter.

    Ms TBS walked back in the room, asked “what are you doing?”

    “Ganpa told me about the three wise guys. See, it’s Vinny, and…who are these Ganpa?”

    “Guido and Tony”

    I was banished to my home office for the rest of the visit.
    You're an *excellent* Grampa.

  24. #524
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    34,955
    Great stuff TBS.



    At a work-related function tonight which turned into sharing stories of growing up in the 90s and Christmastime.

    Turns out I wasn't the only one of my generation to take advantage of being the kid tasked with going out in the cold and snow to the woodpile to keep all the fireplaces going when the folks hosted the family, in-laws and extended family for the holidays.

    This very important job came with a few benefits. 1) you could make raging fires in every fireplace and firepit; 2) you could grab a drink/beer from the bar cause no one would care/notice, and have a smoke and a drink by the woodpile in the snow and some peace and quiet for the next 10 minutes that would steel you for whatever came next that holiday evening.
    I still call it The Jake.

  25. #525
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    BZN
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    ... have a smoke and a drink by the woodpile in the snow and some peace and quiet for the next 10 minutes that would steel you for whatever came next that holiday evening.
    Does this differ significantly from Christmastime as an adult?
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •