Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Merry Christmas.
    Attachment 394661
    I hope you mounted your own fucking lights!

Misdrilled freenhand, could have used a jig

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Ha. General Electric Jig?

This would be a lot funnier if I didn't mount my own fucking skis today and they weren't off a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Is there anyone alive who enjoys the holiday season as much as BMills? I’m going with no.
    I'll proudly admit I'm a staunch enthusiast of the season. For me, I'm lucky that it's always been steeped in tradition, fun, family and of course an excuse to party for 31+ days.

Like not crazy molded injectable lightup-filled yard in Longisland lady, but just an enthusiast.

I'm actually making a playlist for an upcoming party this weekend while sipping a cocktail in front of the tree while the dogs sleep underfoot and some Jason Bateman Christmas comedy streams on the tv. I'm now pretty convinced that Darlene Love's Baby Please Come Home may be the greatest Christmas song ever. But then Robert Earl Keen's Merry Christmas From the Family just came on and now I want some egg nog, celery and a can of fake snow, so I'm... conflicted.

Merry Christmas.
    Attachment 394661
    Out. Standing. Merry Christmas.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I'll proudly admit I'm a staunch enthusiast of the season. For me, I'm lucky that it's always been steeped in tradition, fun, family and of course an excuse to party for 31+ days.

Like not crazy molded injectable lightup-filled yard in Longisland lady, but just an enthusiast.

I'm actually making a playlist for an upcoming party this weekend while sipping a cocktail in front of the tree while the dogs sleep underfoot and some Jason Bateman Christmas comedy streams on the tv. I'm now pretty convinced that Darlene Love's Baby Please Come Home may be the greatest Christmas song ever. But then Robert Earl Keen's Merry Christmas From the Family just came on and now I want some egg nog, celery and a can of fake snow, so I'm... conflicted.

Out. Standing. Merry Christmas.
    All of which reminds me. Merry Christmas BMills:

https://youtu.be/yXQViqx6GMY

Is there anyone alive who enjoys the holiday season as much as BMills? I’m going with no.
    All of which reminds me. Merry Christmas BMills:

https://youtu.be/yXQViqx6GMY
    Damn you! (forgot all about that long running rick roll)

I got you something too though. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI

Damn you! (forgot all about that long running rick roll)

I got you something too though. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI
    I’d be pissed because that song is now instantly in my head and probably will be all night, but I watched a bit of the video and the Hair. Was. SPECTACULAR.

And now I’m just inspired.

I’d be pissed because that song is now instantly in my head and probably will be all night, but I watched a bit of the video and the Hair. Was. SPECTACULAR.

And now I’m just inspired.
    My gift, to you, this holiday season.

Each year I'm reminded of a case study I had in corporate tax law during dentistry school where the subject corporation was WHAM Corporation, and the professor announced at the onset of the study that he would instantly award 10 points to the final grade of the student that could name the "other" member of WHAM!

A younger, but wiser, Bmillsskier chirped up from the back row, "Andrew Ridgeley", I said matter of factly to the now turned heads looking and smiling back towards me.

Teach was honestly floored saying he had not once had an answer other than George Michael since at least the mid-90s. Little did he know the lesser successful member of Wham was kind of a long running joke between the missus and I for longer than I can remember. Anyway, it bumped me up to the "A" in the end. Which was nice.

Topical

Name:  Image1638364627.810612.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  183.5 KB
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

WHAM Corporation
    Wham construction?
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Wham construction?
    Could have been, it was Wham Corp or Wham C-something. I think it was about tax treatment in a merger of a sub IIRC.

I love Christmas time

Wham-o Inc?
    Name:  Image1638372804.043543.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  47.7 KB

My gift, to you, this holiday season.

Each year I'm reminded of a case study I had in corporate tax law during dentistry school where the subject corporation was WHAM Corporation, and the professor announced at the onset of the study that he would instantly award 10 points to the final grade of the student that could name the "other" member of WHAM!

A younger, but wiser, Bmillsskier chirped up from the back row, "Andrew Ridgeley", I said matter of factly to the now turned heads looking and smiling back towards me.

Teach was honestly floored saying he had not once had an answer other than George Michael since at least the mid-90s. Little did he know the lesser successful member of Wham was kind of a long running joke between the missus and I for longer than I can remember. Anyway, it bumped me up to the "A" in the end. Which was nice.
    A few of us had the same running joke during my internship, with laser-printed Andrew Ridgeley headshots and Make It Big album covers hung up at various desks, and now I can never forget his name.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    A few of us had the same running joke during my internship, with laser-printed Andrew Ridgeley headshots and Make It Big album covers hung up at various desks, and now I can never forget his name.
    That's awesome. It's good to know Mr. Ridgeley has been a source of humor to others as well.

I may have to put his image on a sweatshirt and gift it to someone this year.

That's awesome. It's good to know Mr. Ridgeley has been a source of humor to others as well.

I may have to put his image on a sweatshirt and gift it to someone this year.
    Not sure on your timing, but I'm pretty sure ours originated in response to Zoolander and the inevitable "Oh thats not George Michael, it's Wham" followed shortly by "Who the hell was the other guy in Wham?"

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Not sure on your timing, but I'm pretty sure ours originated in response to Zoolander and the inevitable "Oh thats not George Michael, it's Wham" followed shortly by "Who the hell was the other guy in Wham?"
    Ha! I'm not sure exactly where it originated, but the impetus was like yours, always phrased as, "who was the lesser successful member of WHAM!?"

https://open.spotify.com/album/2UV0BBr5CPNGMM3N211D0v

My favorite Christmas album.

And this video from that album. Just released nine days ago!!

. . .

Flipping between Vince Guaraldi Trio and Bad Religion's xmas album lately, depending on the mood.

Mariah Carey vs Wham! Which Christmas Classic Wins?

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...c-wins__31806/

Maybe we all lose...

Well it looks like WHAM! by a nose, but it’s a UK chart so I suspect some bias.

I may give the hat tip to Mariah though because thanks to that song, she helped clear out an entire bar and kill the Don MacLean that was torturing us so badly.

December 1 - eggnog latte in my Christmas mug. Would be perfect except it's 66 degrees out and that just feels wrong.

Name:  EL.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  61.4 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

My 17 year old daughter is working retail right now. She got off easy last year with a grocery store gig that got interrupted by our COVID quarantine. She's on the front line at Michaels this season and already totally hating it... Thinks she's going to get her birthday off mid December LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I'm actually pretty proud of her. It think everyone should work at least one holiday season in retail before they are ever allowed to complain about the service anywhere..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Well it looks like WHAM! by a nose, but it’s a UK chart so I suspect some bias.

I may give the hat tip to Mariah though because thanks to that song, she helped clear out an entire bar and kill the Don MacLean that was torturing us so badly.

^Fuck that noise - Driving Home For Christmas - Chris Rea

Boy that wham vid brings back the memories. MTV back when it actually played music videos and they were so novel.
    "Can't you see..."