Nordica Patron 193cm Mounting Point?

Torn,

Skied the 185cm at plus 1cm from factory suggested Free ride mark (Factory has two marks, one true center for riding switch and a second for there free ride suggested mark) and the tips were diving in 12-16" of fresh last weekend. Decided on the 193cm length instead and plan on at least the free ride mark or a little further back, but was wondering where to mount the bindings? Anyone have any experience? Already scoured the search tool with no luck so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

get the girffon demo binding for them and then you can play with where it feels best for you

We mounted one of our rentals (the 193) at +2 from the back line. I thought it skied well, any more forward is really centered. i think the forward mounting point is dead center. The back line leaves lots of tail, it would probably ski well on recommended. they are a fun ski, youll like the longer length.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEEEW! View Post
    We mounted one of our rentals (the 193) at +2 from the back line. I thought it skied well, any more forward is really centered. i think the forward mounting point is dead center. The back line leaves lots of tail, it would probably ski well on recommended. they are a fun ski, youll like the longer length.
    I have a coworker that can't decide where to mount his either so this thread has good timing. We were looking at the center mount spot cuz he really likes his skis on the center mount suggestions like with surfaces and other skis. The thing is with the surface's the suggested center mount is more like an inch from center. So like you said a little back from the center line like and inch would probably be best.

Anyone skied the 193 yet? Where did you mount yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

I have the 193 and I mounted it at the factory recommended line. So far they ski great forward and switch, and I have no complaints with the overall stability of the ski. There wouldn't be enough tip if I went forward at all. Hope that helps.

Coming off a 188 S7 (mounted at -1cm), looking for something a bit stiffer but still not unweildy (got an RC112 for that). Is the 193 bestly or still pretty manageable vs the 185 which sound like it's pretty easy.

Can anyone measure the factory like to tip on the 193 for me to get an idea? Thanks.
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Does anyone have an update on the recommended mounting position on the 193 Patron. I have some 193 Unleashed Hell on the way; does anyone know if the mounting points on the two are the same (I know the shape is so I assume the mount is too).

I ended up w/ the 185s and mounted on the traditional further back line. I would still say that there is very little tip and a lot of tail (I'm an old explosiv skier tho) but it manages to float pretty well w/out having to lean back. Only weirdness for me is landing airs and having such a huge tail.
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

I have the Radicts mounted on the line and they are supermfloaty and pivoty. I am thinking of mounting the 193 UH skis at -1 or -2 from the back line for ammore traditional mount. However, I am worried that this may cause some weirdness from the tail.

I am taking these in tomorrow to get mounted.

Any final comments on the mount position?

After looking at the mount positions, reading ulty_guy's comments and spending more time on my Radicts mounted at recommended (-6cm from center I think) the -2cm line on the 193 Patron / Unleashed Hell is looking like where I will mount these.

Been on my 193's for three days now. One of those days was a 22"er. I mounted mine at the furthest back line and love them there. There were a couple of times on that deep day I wished they were mounted back from that line slightly but thats only because I'm not used to having so much tail. I'm liking them all over the mountain were they are. Good luck and enjoy! Super fun skis.