Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post

Tebow has a level of self belief that you or I will never understand.
    Yeah because he has to kneel/point at every opportune time a safety is on the wrong end of the field. "Thanks for the opportunity of my WR outrunning the secondary! Now lemme point at the sky!" "Thanks for the opportunity that my legs ran in sync, and I had 10 extra pounds on that LB, now lemme kneel for that opportunity!" He really just oughta be kneeling in front of Prater for the opportunity to win these last games.

I can't wait for the Broncos to get rid of him and this undeserved circus so I can root for them again.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Yeah because he has to kneel/point at every opportune time a safety is on the wrong end of the field. "Thanks for the opportunity of my WR outrunning the secondary! Now lemme point at the sky!" "Thanks for the opportunity that my legs ran in sync, and I had 10 extra pounds on that LB, now lemme kneel for that opportunity!" He really just oughta be kneeling in front of Prater for the opportunity to win these last games.

I can't wait for the Broncos to get rid of him and this undeserved circus so I can root for them again.
    Why so defensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I don't remember who tweeted it, but it came across my phone's feed last night.

"I think someone needs to tell tim #tebow that world hunger and cancer are ahead by 13 and there's only three minutes left"

lol.
    LOL!

This needs a bump to page 3

tebowin is going to be going down vonns beaver creek soon.
    bobbyf

So do the people of Denver go around saying, "You just been tebowed!"? Do the school children of Denver now have Tebow time instead of recess? Just curious to the level of Tebow mania in CO.

PS - Can Tebow please fix the TGR forum. It is sucking balls this morning.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

no, he can only pray for the tgr forum, we are the ones empowered to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    So do the people of Denver go around saying, "You just been tebowed!"? Do the school children of Denver now have Tebow time instead of recess? Just curious to the level of Tebow mania in CO.
    I haven't been to a home game this year so I can't comment about the feeling in the stadium... but I can tell you that what you're hearing regarding the city is purely hype by the media. Sure, he's the talk of the water cooler because of what the Broncos are doing (as are Von Miller, Prater, and Dumervil), but no one is going crazy to the point of what the media is suggesting. It's a feel good story and he's Denver's "hometown hero" right now. Things can change fast though.

You know, except for the guy who got the minotaur tattoo with Tebow's name under it.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    Going into this season, the Broncos had the 3rd toughest schedule based on 2010 records.

Through week 12, they have had the 4th toughest schedule.
    It's too late in the season to be going off of their strength of schedule based on opponents' 2010 records. A number of teams that were good last year are terrible this season. Six of the teams they've gone up against have already lost as many games as they did all of last season, with three weeks still left to play. For example:

Kansas City - Last year 10-6. This year 5-8.
    Minnesota - Last year 6-10. This year 2-11.
    Chicago - Last year 11-5. This year 7-6.
    Jets - Last year 11-5. This year 8-5.
    San Diego - last year 9-7. This year 6-7.
    Miami - Last year 7-9. This year 4-9.

Is it possible that the Jets, Chargers, and Dolphins win out and match their 2010 record? Sure, but it's probably unlikely.

Tebow can win, there's not doubt about that. However, I really don't think he's fully been tested by elite teams yet.

The fact that his religious beliefs ever enter the discussion in the first place is ludicrous. He can praise whomever he likes as much as he wants. That's not the problem and shouldn't be the main topic of conversation when discussing whether or not he's a good QB. It should be his individual play (not that of his defense and kicker) and whether he should really be mentioned in the same sentence as guys like Unitas and Staubach, which multiple announcers have done on occasion.
    go upside down.

Why Tebow's been so effective:
    1. He gets the ball in the end zone more often than any QB in football today
    2. He protects the football better than any QB in football today

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...bow/index.html

^^^^ Agreed, but they are calculating those stats off of career numbers. The one thing I can't stand is when Tebow is compared to other great QBs based on his 'career' stats.

Petyon has played 208 games, Brady 158, and Brees 151. Tebow has played in a total of 20, five of which he was only brought in for a play or two in the wildcat formation.

Let's let him get a few more games under his belt before we start mentioning him in such great company.
    go upside down.

So when Tebow loses, (which he eventually will)... does that mean that there is no God?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMessenger View Post
    So when Tebow loses, (which he eventually will)... does that mean that there is no God?
    No, just that he didn't seize the opportunity that he thinks that his god gave him. Aside from the trolls, why is this such a tough concept for people to grasp. Shit, I'm an ambivalent agnostic and I understand Tebow's perspective.

Everybody believes what they want, but
    I would take it to mean that there isn't a 'God'.
    Or, at least, if there is a 'God', he hates Tim Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Can Tebow please fix the TGR forum. It is sucking balls this morning.
    Or at least the search function?

Everybody believes what they want, but
    I would take it to mean that there isn't a 'God'.
    Or, at least, if there is a 'God', he hates Tim Tebow.
    Apparently everybody also hears/reads "what they want" ...

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    ...Tebow (and I'm not a huge fan) doesn't think God helps him win...
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    I don't think that I've ever seen or heard Tebow credit "devine intervention" with anything other than giving him or his team the opportunity to succeed. Can anyone post a link to a quote where he's even implied that his god has influenced the outcome of a game?

The bit about Tebow not believing in himself is just foolish.
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You obviously don't listen to what he actually has to say, because not once has he ever said that.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, when asked if he was praying for Novak to miss the kick a couple weeks back, didn't he imply he "might have mentioned something like that" while answering the question "Were you praying for a miss"?

His response to that question would imply that Tebow does think praying for an outcome does influence "God" in the final results.

EDIT: Here's the video. It starts right at the 2:00 mark but before that he does explain how he would blame God for a loss as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XjzZYSx1bU

Gotta click the link because embedding is still fucked.
    Last edited by MotherFucker; 12-12-2011 at 01:57 PM.
    The best things in life aren't things.

It has nothing to do with what anyone reads.

I think that if the Broncos lose, it is because God hates Tebow and finds him super annoying.

What is it, the fifth commandment- "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain"
    What could be more vain than a quarterback mixing God and football?

Tim Tebow is going to hell.

What is even more superannoying is that Tebow's 'followers' are even more obnoxious than real Christians.

This statistical manipulation of fact is the biggest fucking laughing stock I have ever seen...

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    Why Tebow's been so effective:
    1. He gets the ball in the end zone more often than any QB in football today
    2. He protects the football better than any QB in football today

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...bow/index.html

When you barely throw, you have stats like that. It is like comparing apples to oranges.

I actually have no problems with his delusional, crazy beliefs in a god or son of god that is a football fan. What I DO have a problem with is this streak could EASILY have resulted in a record of 1-8 vs 8-1. Nowhere in any of those games is there any time of domination or solid play by Tebow.

How many of you people sucking the Tebow dong have ever actually PLAYED football? Have you ever seen the defensive schemes in person and understand how the need to go into a "prevent" defense is the MAIN reason why this hack is able to start completing 5 yard passes that my high school QB could do with his eyes closed...NOT exaggerating.

As for the drops by his receivers, they should catch everything seeing what even crappy receivers make in salary...but have you ever tried catching a flopping duck with a fucked up velocity, it is not easy.

Also, as mentioned they have played crap teams with multiple injuries. What will happen when they play another playoff team that has an overwhelming offensive attack? Oh yeah, we will see when they lose to the Patriots by 21 points next weekend, and we did already see it when Detroit smoked them...and they are not even THAT good. Just better than the shitty, basement dwelling teams in the AFC West and the injury ridden other teams that have played them.

It will be interesting when the Denver fans start screaming for his head after he loses 6 or 7 games in a row the same way he lucks into winning 6 or 7 in a row this year...it could EASILY happen. Not every team has a NY Jets defense that blitzes on the worst possible play, or a backup running back that makes two huge mistakes in a matter of one minute.

I hate on Tebow and the hype because his defense saves his ass ALL the time, and they get almost no credit. And as much as I like how the defense has kept them in games, they can't keep real offense teams in check.

Keep living in your blind, starstruck world Donkey Fans if you think this guy is going to lead you to a Super Bowl without DRASTICALLY improving as a QB. Is that worth drafting, building, and designing new schemes for one terrible player for the next 12 years?
    Last edited by PowTron; 12-12-2011 at 02:17 PM.
    You should have been here yesterday!

he lost his first game already right, so the god loves me he doesn't love me crowd can stfu. anybody rail on or against a homerun hitter pointing to the sky after he jacks one, fuck no,
    tebow is an easy target and symbol for both sides of the weak sauce god smack.
    bobbyf

Bill's quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick had the best stats in the league as the only undefeated team, besides the Packers at 4-0 early in the season, winning each game by a hair in the final seconds. It was a 'miracle'. Look where are they now. Remind you of anyone?

Tebowites like to rationalize Tebow's belief in divine intervention by proclaiming the Tebow is just thankful for the 'opportunities' that God gives him, rather than accepting that he believes God himself has a direct hand in the outcome of games. This allows them to support Tebow without feeling like a total nutcase. Then they deflect criticism of Tebow like some sort of religious zealot would. its ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by MotherFucker View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, when asked if he was praying for Novak to miss the kick a couple weeks back, didn't he imply he "might have mentioned something like that" while answering the question "Were you praying for a miss"?

His response to that question would imply that Tebow does think praying for an outcome does influence "God" in the final results.
    Perhaps this is splitting hairs, but Tebow said he was praying for "something like" a miss. While he may believe that his prayers do some good, I don't think he said that his god responded to his prayers or in any way influenced the outcome of the game.

What I do know is that the Bronco's organization is loving all of the free press they are getting (from haters and kool aid-drinkers alike) and my 7 year-old can't stop talking about the performance he watched from section 514 of mile high last night.

Bill's quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick had the best stats in the league as the only undefeated team, besides the Packers at 4-0 early in the season, winning each game by a hair in the final seconds. It was a 'miracle'. Look where are they now. Remind you of anyone?

Tebowites like to rationalize Tebow's belief in divine intervention by proclaiming the Tebow is just thankful for the 'opportunities' that God gives him, rather than him believing God himself having a direct hand in the outcome of games. This allows them to support Tebow without feeling like a total nutcase. Then they deflect criticism of him like some sort of religious zealot. its ridiculous
    Everyone in Denver knows that this string can't last, but everyone is enjoying the ride. Many Denver fans are also a little chagrined by Tebow's frequent shout-outs to his lord and savior jebus christ blah, blah, blah. What people like me don't understand is why so many folks hate him so furiously for winning unconventionally and/or expressing his beliefs.

People that hate on Tebow for his on-field actions should also be disgusted with EVERY single player that celebrates a routine tackle as if he just won the Super Bowl. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    Perhaps this is splitting hairs, but Tebow said he was praying for "something like" a miss...
    Check the video. He actually said, "I mighta said that, or maybe a block"...

He admitted to praying for a miss or block. Straight up.

At 2:05:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XjzZYSx1bU
    The best things in life aren't things.