The Summit Charity is going to be.....

Due to overwhelming support of Brent Newton, a long time local JH Skier, Wilson Firefighter, and all around great man who recently lost his life in a tragic accident at JH - we are going to have all charitable activities at the summit center around raising funds for this deserving cause.

He left behind a newborn, a young son and a wife that dearly needs our help.
    Last edited by Frozen; 01-18-2005 at 11:37 AM.

Nice. Is there anyone with some desktop publishing skills that can come up with a brief statement about the Center & put it together into a format we can hand to someone? (ie: Like we had for ZCS?) I believe it was MD that did the last one..

I, along with others - kicked some ass for ZCS 2 years ago & would be happy to do what I can for the JH Avy Center.

If there are no volunteers, I'll see what I can put together, but publishing isn't one of my strong suits..

EP
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

Maybe we could do a little something for this guy's family too? This is such a tragedy.

It would be great if we could help those kids, in light of what happened last week. Just my opinion, Froz.
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Nice action, frozen.

d.

Very nice, not Summit bound but would like to contribute anyways.

Frozen & all,

I know you spent time deciding on the avy center, and it would have been my first choice before Friday, but from everything I've heard, Brent Newton's family really needs the help right now. I think we should switch.

agreed....

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit
    Frozen & all,
    I know you spent time deciding on the avy center, and it would have been my first choice before Friday, but from everything I've heard, Brent Newton's family really needs the help right now. I think we should switch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit
    Frozen & all,

Makes sense to me. THAT could have been any one of us.

Agreed with everyone. Switching to Brent Newtons family. Will make the appropriate changes.

Guys, this was a local firefighter. He has 2 beautiful children, his oldest not only lost his father, but his best friend.

His wife lost her soul mate and his left with a newborn who will never really know what kind of Father or man Newt was.

We can REALLY make a difference in this family's life. Lets do everything we can to take some of the financial stress out of thier way.

I fully support this based on the words I have read. If you want a flyer to spread the word, I'm sure Big E can show you the one he used for the 03 Summit to get the creative ball rolling.

d.

Way to go!!!
    It is such a good cause.

Let me kick it off with $500.

I encourage everyone to give what they can, even if its only $5.
    Every dollar counts.
    For $5, 10, $20, folks can chip in for someone they never knew, with money they wont miss, but feel good to share in Newts positive vibe.

For those others that can afford to pay more, lets ante up.
    Anyone with kids knows how impotant this cause is.
    We can really make a huge positive impact for the ones Newt loved most.

Maybe some kind of paypal setup for smaller donations from around the US and the world would be more convenient and immediate.
    Thanks for caring and for giving.

Wow, Scott, that's a wonderful gesture. Can you get us information on how to best gift the donations to the family once it has been collected?
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Gimme a paypal addy.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by frozenwater
    Agreed with everyone. Switching to Brent Newtons family. Will make the appropriate changes.

Guys, this was a local firefighter. He has 2 beautiful children, his oldest not only lost his father, but his best friend.

His wife lost her soul mate and his left with a newborn who will never really know what kind of Father or man Newt was.

We can REALLY make a difference in this family's life. Lets do everything we can to take some of the financial stress out of thier way.
    nice...good work Froz.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

a charity is being set up for the family. I and others at TGR know them all well and once everything is set up (they are meeting with lawyers today) we will have a final answer.

In the meantime we already have a paypal set up with over $500.00 US (not counting scott's generous offer)

you can contribute now and have the funds get to the family right now when the yneed it most .

Paypal is setup. Just go to paypal, get an account if you don't have one, and send the funds to fred@tetongravity.com

I am sending all of the funds we have collected to them as soon as I get the word, probably as early as tomorrow. I will keep a running tally of what we send them so we as a group can know what kind of an impact we are having.

North of South, South of North, West of East
    Any way to tap into the corporate benevolence of JHMR for this? Say maybe a fund raising day where proceeds (or a least a hefty portion) from maggot lift tickets would go to the fund. Just thinking out loud, surely if TGR was behind or a part of the fund raising effort the resort could kick in some $$$, it's not like their first three flicks were like hour long ads for JHMR or anything (and I mean that in a very positive way, Continuum & Harvest have me super stoked for the Summit). I can only speak for myself here, but if it weren't for the Summit I wouldn't be in Jackson this season. Other ideas or good ways to spin it to the resort people, anyone?
    Last edited by teledave; 01-19-2005 at 09:54 AM.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

www.brentnewtonfamilyfoundation.com
    pics of da man and his family that will make you cry
    details on services donations and moose fundraiser
    share the love and the stoke