Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by theshredder View Post
    Dude I kinda feel bad for you. If you're not a rich kid you're in for a rough time when reality really starts to sink in. Just finish your degree and have a wicked time while you're there or you'll be really fucked after.
    Trust me, I've hit the bottom and clawed my way back to where I am now. I won't go into details, mainly because its pretty personal and I don't even know you, but reality sunk in a long time ago.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

This guy is 65. He'll be retiring soon. Practice his skill and take HIS job...

http://news.yahoo.com/ski-trail-maps...195235810.html

This guy is 65. He'll be retiring soon. Practice his skill and take HIS job...

http://news.yahoo.com/ski-trail-maps...195235810.html

LOVELAND, Colo. (AP) — If you've ever gone skiing at an unfamiliar resort without getting lost, chances are you have James Niehues to thank.

Niehues, 65, is the man behind the trail map. His hand-painted panoramas have been reproduced into millions of pocket-sized maps handed out by ski resorts in North America, Japan, Korea, China, New Zealand, Australia, Chile and Serbia.

"His trail maps are as much a part of the sport as snow," said Greg Ditrinco, executive editor of Ski Magazine.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Been here long before your fucker. Designed skis for people who have been here longer than you. Know your roll before calling out someone moron. You may not like my opinions but calling me a Jong is laughable.
    YO STOKELESS FUCKIN DIPSHIT ARGUING JONG
    pm me when you split that gay tray and take your proto expertise out somewhere and bring back some stoke
    - some fuckhead skibum who has hooked up more maggots than you have shitty posts.
    OP I was gonna suggest marrying well but you gots it covered
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    YO STOKELESS FUCKIN DIPSHIT ARGUING JONG
    pm me when you split that gay tray and take your proto expertise out somewhere and bring back some stoke
    - some fuckhead skibum who has hooked up more maggots than you have shitty posts.
    OP I was gonna suggest marrying well but you gots it covered
    You are so utterly clueless it's funny. Yeah, bragging about being a drug addict who lives off someone else's tip and skis is my life goal.

If you had half a brain and weren't stoned off your gourd you would put 2 and 2 together and realize who the fuck I am like everyone else has.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Stein Erickson????
    Sorry bub if skidog don't know you.........
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I'm god and I'm telling you that you are a loser. Recognize.
    Holy shit I'm being trolled by Eric Clapton on tgr

This message is hidden because systemoverblow'd is on your ignore list.
    Every thread has at least one cunt who doesn't add anything relevant to the conversation, but rather wags their dick around in a pathetic attempt to compensate for their own insecurities. Does being a complete douche make you happy? Either way, you no longer exist as far as I'm concerned. Cunt away!

Sorry but ignoring EC is stupid the guys a musical diety.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Sorry but ignoring EC is stupid the guys a musical diety.
    I'm a Zappa acolyte. Clapton can fuck himself.

Really? A person I don't know, who doesn't know me is announcing to me and other people they don't know that they are no longer paying attention to me? I'm crushed!!!!

But you can't see this because I hurt your feelings while not even speaking to you, vagina.

oh my adverse/game face is back and way more butthurt than ever
    carefull OP or your thread could get butthurt locked

Took you long enough!!!!!!!! With the psyops you've been running on my posts or your buddy the mod I assumed it would have been much quicker. Guess it must be the drugs.

And why would this be locked? I'm not admin and I have never messed with anyone's thread but my own (which any user can do). But you're too stoned to understand that right?

This message isn't hidden but sfb is laughing to hard at the thought of someone carrying high dollar shit while be boppin with headphones on to read it
    chuckle
    chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by Dickeymotto View Post
    Trust me, I've hit the bottom and clawed my way back to where I am now. I won't go into details, mainly because its pretty personal and I don't even know you, but reality sunk in a long time ago.
    Good response.

Its just damn near impossible the way I see it to ski 80 days a year AND make decent coin unless you're a pro. Ski season is like 180 days tops so you're only working 50% of the time in the winter???? Plus you're always bagged after skiing and not very productive the next day ime. So take even more days of the year out.

You probably figured good geologists make 100k a year so you can make 50k and work half the time. Seems fair enough but I've looked and no one hires people to "work" like that.

If I ever get to ski 80 days a year once in my life I'd be pretty stoked. And besides its not about skiing 80 days man. Its about getting out there when its good (pow days/bluebird days, of which there are not 80). Who needs to ski 60 days a year on crusted over concrete anyway? If you can get a job where its ok to ditch on the occasional monday or friday you'll be skiing 20 pow days a year and loving life.
    Last edited by theshredder; 12-14-2011 at 03:56 PM.

My thoughts. I went for the money job after school. Ended up not getting to ski but for 20 days that winter. Quit that hell hole of a job and got a job as a ski mechanic in Whistler. I work for next to no pay but i ski 150+ each year and love it. I plumb in the summer to keep me in the black.

Good response.

Its just damn near impossible the way I see it to ski 80 days a year AND make decent coin unless you're a pro. Ski season is like 180 days tops so you're only working 50% of the time in the winter???? Plus you're always bagged after skiing and not very productive the next day ime. So take even more days of the year out.

You probably figured good geologists make 100k a year so you can make 50k and work half the time. Seems fair enough but I've looked and no one hires people to "work" like that.

If I ever get to ski 80 days a year once in my life I'd be extremely grateful. And besides its not about skiing 80 days man. Its about getting out there when its good (pow days/bluebird days, of which there are not 80). Who needs to ski 60 days a year on crusted over concrete anyway? If you can get a job where its ok to ditch on the occasional monday or friday you'll be skiing 20 pow days a year and loving life.
    I don't just ski pow. I love getting up into steep chutes and such on a sunny day, especially in the spring when the corn is out. I think you do have a good point though, maybe 80 days is a bit high. Though if you ski every day on the weekends and take a 10 day vacation sometime during the season, 60 should be doable, and thats at a ski resort that opens on thanksgiving and closes mid-April (Snowbasin). Go somewhere like Snowbird and you could hit 80 easy since they stay open much longer. Though by April, I'm pretty ready to be done skiing and am itching to break out the bike, so this isn't usually a problem. Also, I'm not there yet, but I'd like to eventually get out of the resort (at least on non-pow days) and tour for a lot of my ski days. Say you have to work around 9-10, dawn patrols are totally doable before work. As long as I live somewhere close to skiing (like here in SLC), getting a satisfying amount of ski days in shouldn't be a problem.

Yea SLC sounds awesome and I don't just ski pow either. But now I'm pissed for some reason...

Its not fucking fine to "don't know nothin'" you jackass. I didn't even notice that in your signature, Dickeymotto, until now. I almost told you to try out geophysics.. FUCK. Not just anyone can be a ski bum so should probably stick with geology. That is all.

Its not fucking fine to "don't know nothin'" you jackass. I didn't even notice that in your signature, Dickeymotto, until now. I almost told you to try out geophysics.. FUCK. Not just anyone can be a ski bum so should probably stick with geology. That is all.
    Let me help you out.

Good response.

If I ever get to ski 80 days a year once in my life I'd be pretty stoked. And besides its not about skiing 80 days man. Its about getting out there when its good (pow days/bluebird days, of which there are not 80). Who needs to ski 60 days a year on crusted over concrete anyway? If you can get a job where its ok to ditch on the occasional monday or friday you'll be skiing 20 pow days a year and loving life.
    This post is full of wrongness.

#1- you can ski 80+ days a year with a career, and make decent money and retire one day.
    #2- if you are too worked to be productive after a day of skiing you are out of shape and need to ski more.
    #3- there are lots of days to be on the mountain beside pow days. Ripping groomers, shredding winter chalk, mountaineering when the snow is stable, good spring corn, skiing crust to get better...
    #4- yeah, there are 80 good pow days a year, but the secret is, you have to be there to know because at least half of them are found out from being there, not from reading the report in the morning.
    #5- 20 days a year? That makes me sad.

I've been meaning to ask you Zion, you up at Snowbasin this year?

Yep, trying not to ski until February or so until the knee is good to go. Not too hard to resist yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Yep, trying not to ski until February or so until the knee is good to go. Not too hard to resist yet.
    I hear you. Been out a few times and conditions are super shitty and its finals week at the U. Good for getting the legs back in shape though. So who did you end up going to for PT?

Since we already have some of the TGR rock jocks here, what companies are hiring for somewhere other than South Flatville?

Mountains and H2O are important so that largely rules out the SouthWest, and I haven't found much around the NorthEast so far. PNW/BC/NorthEast is where I'm mainly been interested in, but the connections that I have are largely around the SW as I went to school in Colorado. Geomorph or geophysical stuff, more so than min/pet.

Also anyone have a connection with NRCS in OR?