Atomic 12 DIN for 210 lb expert skier. Not enough, or just right?

Looking at some new Shiros. The only binding in the store I like is an Atomic to mount on these. (12 DIN)
    All my other bindings have higher DINS, although I only set them at about 9.5 to 10.
    My question, is this binding enough? I dont take much big air or cliffs at all, but ski fast, smoothly, mostly powder and cut up pow here in Revy.
    Just dont really want to spend the extra 200 bucks for 16 DIN which I will never need.
    Opinions?
    Thanks.

Are they the z toe or the pilot toe? (they're probably Salomons)
    Pilot toe is probably fine if you're smoooov.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispmoto View Post
    I only set them at about 9.5 to 10.
    Thanks.
    there ya go, answered yourself. maybe could justify moving up for an all metal model if plastic worries you. unless you're doin some big drops i wouldn't think twice.

Im 220 size 12 foot and set mine at 10-11 never had a problem ever with pre relese. The smaller the foot the higher the din. Im not exactly sure why but I guess the smaller foot creats more touque is all I can think of? There is lots of google searchs for din settings. Put your wieght, hight, sole length ect.. in there and its pretty accurate. +1 for reasurance maybe. Ill bet your din comes in at 9 on the chart. If you have strong legs and knees you could go up 1 or 2 at the most and still feel safe enough not to blow a knee out in a fall.
    FACTION

!2 DIN will be fine. I am, ahem, rather rounder than you (at least judging by tonnage) and 12 DIN bindings are generally okay for me. It is good to be toward the middle of the DIN range on the binding, but there is no need to be smack dab in the middle. I prefer not to have to peg the DIN setting at the top end or low end, but in between is fine.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan