Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    there are so many ilegatinas already here, shop local.

Nah, i wasn't chuckling, i just thought you were going to put her to work while you surfed/skied. Now I'm laughing

where in Nica?

And, your exhausted when you return from CA??? really? its completely opposite for me, it takes a month back before the energy and motivation start to fade again. The knee starts hurting again, and I get that extra fat layer everywhere, kinda like a sea lion or hibernating bear. Maybe its different because its AK, but the vitamin D buzz is pretty obvious.

If i were to chuckle it would be because you are naturally asking this now that the Nica Surf season has gone dormant and the ski season is about to light up. Priorities are instinctual

Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    So I could, hypothetically, get paid $50K to marry a chinese, then spend $10K to buy a russian, move to indo with my 40 and mob wife and live like a king?
    And the field of International Spousal Arbitrage is born.

Nah, I never planned on falling for a Nica. It just happened. I'm definitely not planning on putting her to work. If I were rich, I would keep this one on a silk cushion. The reason I'm asking now is because it's not an issue yet. I want to know what I'm in for if I keep moving in the relationship. I wouldn't say the surf season is dormant. I was just back down there, and there were head high waves. She lives in SJDS, or at least very near there.

As for the posting of pics, you obviously don't know Latin women. She would cut my balls off with a spork.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Nah, I never planned on falling for a Nica. It just happened. I'm definitely not planning on putting her to work. If I were rich, I would keep this one on a silk cushion. The reason I'm asking now is because it's not an issue yet. I want to know what I'm in for if I keep moving in the relationship. I wouldn't say the surf season is dormant. I was just back down there, and there were head high waves. She lives in SJDS, or at least very near there.

As for the posting of pics, you obviously don't know Latin women. She would cut my balls off with a spork.

Oh, and I get fatigued due to travel. It's 0-11 hours of travel time, and the rental car, cops, driving south and my lack of Spanish keep me tired. Next trip is likely going to be to a surf resort, where the shuttle picks me up at the airport.

If you export 10 you can import 1
    picador

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    My Chinese girlfriend got her citizenship in Oakland on Wednesday. Took the oath with 1200 others. Cool deal with 96 countries represented.

That said. Immigration is making it very tough to import spouses to the USA. Heck, my girlfriend offered me $50k to marry her 20 y/o niece.. Chinese sham marriages are rampant.

Can she get a visitor visa?
    50K ???

I'd like to try. Heck, I hadn't been married yet and everyone else seems to get married at least twice these days. Might as well have the 1st one be beneficial.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    And the field of International Spousal Arbitrage is born.
    You can package derivatives of ugly women into "subprime spousal CDO" and if you can show 1 hot one, you could sell these derivatives triple A.
    Theeeeeeen, you buy a bunch back through a network of hedgefunds, all while taking out cheap CDS's on them and when the subprime house(wife) market collapses you still = rich.
    And if you DO lose money, you can just tell the Government that you never thought these subprime housewives would ever lose their attractiveness, and they will bail you out by buying back all these securities on ugly immigrant wives at x cents on the dollar.
    sort of a Troubled Ass Relief Program.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    So I could, hypothetically, get paid $50K to marry a chinese, then spend $10K to buy a russian, move to indo with my 40 and mob wife and live like a king?
    Find a fundamentalist island country that allows polygamy and you got yourself the makings of a tropical cottage industry.

My son just married a Peruvian gal who is in the country on a J-1 visa (I think). The visa has an exception on it that says she has to return to Peru after a year, so they are in the process of trying to get the Peruvian govt to drop that exception. After that they can start the process of getting her permanent residency. Going to take about a year or so and cost around $6500 between the US govt fees and the lawyer.

FWIW, they also just had a baby, but none of that (marriage/baby) means automatic citizenship any more.

It's pretty detailed, the kids live in Key West but I went and talked to a lawyer about it here in Colorado so if you need more info let me know.

EDIT: You can go through the process yourself (no lawyer). Obviously cheaper but remember you're dealing with the feds here. More info here:http://www.uscis.gov
    The Sheriff is near!

Wow. I thought the easy solution was just to get hitched. Then, my lawyer brother mentions prenups. He spoke with a colleague of his, and she said there are issues with a prenup when she's Spanish speaking(this was a big shot NYC attorney). I guess the bottom line is I'll be doing it all anyway, if the relationship heads that way. Sure seems like a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    My son just married a Peruvian gal who is in the country on a J-1 visa (I think). The visa has an exception on it that says she has to return to Peru after a year, so they are in the process of trying to get the Peruvian govt to drop that exception. After that they can start the process of getting her permanent residency. Going to take about a year or so and cost around $6500 between the US govt fees and the lawyer.

FWIW, they also just had a baby, but none of that (marriage/baby) means automatic citizenship any more.

It's pretty detailed, the kids live in Key West but I went and talked to a lawyer about it here in Colorado so if you need more info let me know.

EDIT: You can go through the process yourself (no lawyer). Obviously cheaper but remember you're dealing with the feds here. More info here:http://www.uscis.gov
    I just went through the "getting a green card for the wife" game, and unless there are serious problems (criminal convictions, prior deportations, or the like), you generally don't need a lawyer. The 2-year Home Residency Requirement (which I think is what you're referring to) can apply in cases where the visa holder is here under certain visas (often times, student or cultural exchange vs. tourist or H1), particularly if they're here to learn a skill that's on the "skills list" for the home country. Like you suggested, there's an option to get a "no objections" letter from the home country (via their embassy here in the US, usually) that basically says "we don't care if she comes back, after all", then that can be used to file for the HRR waiver (not a guarantee, but not too unlikely with that letter), which then paves the way to file for permanent residency.

We did it without a lawyer, even after consulting with one who said "you should probably have a lawyer", due to the fact that my wife's visa had expired almost 10 years earlier (she overstayed and was planning to head home when we met almost 8 years ago, started dating, and got married last year). We spoke to another lawyer who said "I'd be happy to take your money, but you don't need me - you can handle this on your own", and he was right.

Let me know if I can provide any help. Visajourney.com is also a good site to check out if you've got a straightforward situation. Immigrate2us.net is loaded with people getting waivers for various things, and a lot of Central American cases, but tend toward complicated setups with prior deportations, etc.

CA...

That's exactly what my daughter-in-law is dealing with. We decided to go the lawyer route because of the baby and wanted to try to make this as simple as possible. I'll let my son know about those sites though, maybe they can help. Thanks.
    The Sheriff is near!

Capitan, Garth, you guys rock. Thanks for the info. PM's to come in, oh, maybe six months tops.

From the very limited perspective of a guy with a brother in law married to a German, the fact that they chose to get married in Germany rather than the US unnecessarily complicated matters.

I could totally be talking out my ass.