Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    You and countless others probably owe their lives to Snowbirds boundary policy.

i think he's talking about the boundary chutes south of thunder bowl

Quote Originally Posted by the Cock View Post
    fuck you, we made a mistake one day skiing out of bounds that probably taught me the most valuable lesson of my life. i can honestly say now that i am glad that happened the way it did. shut the fuck up and troll elsewhere.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    yeah I think frosh east coast joey's without avvy \snow stability skills headin out to create rescue scenarios may just factor in to the not opening the bc gates just a bit but no one like that would be postin here. (cough)
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I'm an asshole. Sorry. And I'm glad you shared your experience. Truth is the Bird's got a lotta huckster extremo bro's and if they had a boundary policy like Jackson does I think a lot more bad shit would be going down. For the record I also wish the bird did have an open boundary policy but it doesn't and I've moved on.

Deleted post said "I was talkin' bout you Scotty"

There ya have it.

Truth is the Bird's got a lotta huckster extremo bro's and if they had a boundary policy like Jackson does I think a lot more bad shit would be going down.
    Yeah, Jackson is lucky they don't have any extreme huckster types.

They do. They just seem a little more aware than the average Snowbird extremo huckster types.

snowdeerd valley will be assisting you getting your skis through the snow bird center this winter. nothin like going up the tram after not being able to carry your own skis to it.

mom! where is my snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coming to a mountain top near you in 2013 snowbirds fabulous 3 story mountain top mall. haven't you waited your whole life to get off the tram on hidden peak and as the doors open, mexicans come by and grab your skis and shuttle them directly to a revolving sundance catalog outlet???

make sure you grab lunch on the top floor while you are there. i heard the 3rd story of the mall will be a restaurant that actually sits where the top of hidden peak was before it was blasted off by ole dick to simulate being back in time and give its patrons the utmost views while eating trashy overpriced bird food. why does the tram smell like rotten garbage? oh well thats because last tram down was a trash run.

and dont worry there will be downloading available and priority uploading if you arent skiing and just want to take in the views from the mall and eat in the greatest restaurant ever.

when will we get to ski?????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    fuck you, we made a mistake one day skiing out of bounds that probably taught me the most valuable lesson of my life. i can honestly say now that i am glad that happened the way it did. shut the fuck up and troll elsewhere.
    SPILL THE BEANS. what's the story?
    mmmm, snow

Quote Originally Posted by snomaster View Post
    SPILL THE BEANS. what's the story?
    you're two years late. do some searching and look up the march 11th 2010 avy incident report on UAC. i gave a pretty in depth description to trmper.

that was good to read again.

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    that was good to read again.
    thanks for posting again

I think a lot of what is being said here (aside from ectreeskier11 talking about himself) should be posted on Snowbird's facebook page. They actually respond to what questions and rants people throw at them. Everyone on this site knows how the bird wipes its ass with the profits from overpriced passes, food, lodging, etc.

40th b day bash tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sale on 40oz!!!!!!!!!!

Harkening back a page or so.

To be fair, Jackson does close the gates at the top of AV and the Headwall when its sketchy, often for a couple days a time. Everything from the headwall over to AV can and does rip, ala holiday season a few years back.

Everything south is pretty much left wide open in all but the worst scenarios. So the point isnt total shit.
    Live Free or Die

Everyone on this site knows how the bird wipes its ass with the profits from overpriced passes, food, lodging, etc.
    Can't speak for the lodging but I don't really feel like Snowbird is overpriced compared to places with similar or worse terrain and snowfall, or other Wasatch resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwouldjahdo View Post
    Everyone on this site knows how the bird wipes its ass with the profits from overpriced passes, food, lodging, etc.

OMG! You should totally blow the whistle on this profit thing. I'm always amazed how naive some skiers are about the fact that big ski resorts are (often poorly) ran like big companies.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

i heard from a reliabe source that the lack of snow in the wasatch is directly related to snowbird moving its historic snowplot to alta and fluffing its snowtotals last year and breaking their all time snow record. a big fuck you from ullr. nice work guys

^^^^

Dude, we're setting records this season too.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

happy new year baaaastaaaads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heading out to the bird on Jan 18th for the North Face Masters. Typically the qualifying venue is Silver Fox and the Finals Venue is Baldy. Couldn't find any info on Snowbird's website if these zones are even open yet. If they are open, is there enough coverage to huck any of the cliffs yet? Wondering if they are gonna postpone it or what. Thanks for any info.