Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    buster came in with the win, but cybercop just pushed this into extra innings. that video he posted of leroy is unreal. you really yelled to someone 'shit or get off the pot bud - it's my line' for a tiny line with a 5 foot air? i'd like to tell you to get over yourself, but your inflated sense of self worth is what makes tgr so entertaining.

someone less lazy than me should pull up the thread about the hardest thing people had ever done where people posted about super burly and super awful things that happened to them. except leroy. he posted that the hardest thing he'd ever done was not become a pro skier. it was pure gold. although i'm sure with quality pov footage like he's posted he must be fighting team managers off with a stick.
    Last edited by benfjord; 11-30-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JD May View Post
    What were these little kids doing in the park, much less under a goddamn jump landing? Drives me fuckin' nuts.
    This was pre-park off a natural hit on top of a 12-15 foot rock (it was actually pretty much bulldozed when Blackcomb put in the Excelerator chair). We were bump skiers so we'd hit stupid airs sometimes, and the kids were kind of mucking around in deep snow on our flat landing. The dopey guy with us decided he couldn't wait two minutes and pulled a Leroy.

But yeah, kids are constantly where they shouldn't be. I've had to yell at my own kids and chase them away from blind spots in past years, but they mostly get it now. You still can never rely on them to do what's sensible (adults, too) which is why it's better to sacrifice an opportunity for air than really risk collision.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by benfjord View Post
    "shit of get off the pot bud - it's my line"
    New TGR meme right here, kids.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    This isnt meant to make any point
    as per usual, douchebag

that go pro needs confiscation.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I also think that people throw around terms like "slammed into my kid" or what have you waaay to liberally.

I have witnessed exactly one full on football style hit, and it was a couple weeks ago at Loveland where a lady on tellis got full on rocked by a ski racer.

Most of the green and blue type stuff is rarely anything more than a falling down. Ive had moms and dads go apeshit because I came close to a kid perfectly in control.

Lets not forget parents usually arent the best judges of a situation when its their kid involved. Just because two learners have a close call does not give you the right as a parent to completely lose your cool and try and start fights. That will just leave you with an assult charge, which Ive seen much more often (say 5x more) than Ive seen someone just get absolutely rocked on the hill. Just my 2 cents that Im sure every parent will disagree with, but your parents, and irrational. Thats a fact, look in the mirror and deal with it.
    well considering that I posted about people slamming into my kid, let me say that I really do mean people have slammed into my kids, skiing fast and close is not the same thing. you say you've almost never seen this, I'm surprised. My kids are grown now but I still see it a lot on slopes when they're crowded -- I will also say that the culprits are usually teenaged males which happen to be snowboarders today, but jeez when I look back at how I behaved on skis when I was sixteen, well let's just say I deserved to get my ass kicked a few times
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

'shit or get off the pot bud - it's my line'
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    New TGR meme right here, kids.
    god i love this place
    Last edited by SeatownSlackey; 12-01-2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: missing quote

Glad she's okay. Douche should've at least stopped and been deeply apologetic...

I got clocked when I was a tike by a in-training ski school boarder at Monarch. I was skiing with my dad.... aaaaand the current mountain manager/president/something like that.

Dude prolly lost his job justifiably but not sure what became of it.
    the kids are all wasted on pot listening to heavy metal

We were all kids and beginers at some point, the majority of us has probably given or taken a nice smash in the resort at one point or another. Skiing/riding are not safe sports by any streach of the imagination but I don't think any of us go out with the intention of hurting others. I imagine it sucks to watch your kid get lit up by someone being careless but these are accidents and it's one of the many risks that you accept when you go skiing, its not personal.

What's amazing to me is that the population of Utah has doubled since 1980 and yet everyone on here freaks out about any new lift anywhere. All the backcountry hardcores won't allow any ski area to expand in size, so there are way way too many people for the available lift served skiing.

This shit is going to happen, and it's going to get worse as the population doubles again in 20 years with no new inbounds skiing. But everyone goes ape shit wild calling me a lazy gaper for supporting ski area expansions. I just like our sport and would like to see people enjoy it. Enjoyable and crowded don't go together.

After reading Leroys first post about it being a 2 stager and having to commit to the run in and all, I was kind of expecting to see air jordan in his vid (or something similar). Im a little disappointed.

This has nothing to do with being a skier or snowboarder, it has to do with a lack of respect for your fellow man. You hit someone you stop and apologize, any other move puts you into instant dickhead status.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

This thread is GOLD! Jerry.... Pure Gold!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    pulled a Leroy.
    ^^Fucking awesome, definitely going to be my new saying for the season^^

I find it funny that all these people that GET hit are tough guys and the people who are DOING the hitting are getting beat-up, yelled at, or having their shit broken. First, I have been slammed into before but never hit someone, but if I did, I would certainly stop, apologize & make sure you were ok, but after that if you were still being a pussy asshole, I would BEAT the fuck out of you. I don’t give a shit if I just broke your leg from the collision, you show me the same respect I showed you or I will turn that broken leg into a compound fracture pussy! HA-ha
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    But everyone goes ape shit wild calling me a lazy gaper for supporting ski area expansions.
    Lazy gaper.[/apeshitwild]

I've been hit a few times (never hit anyone, so far), but the best was when I was at the bottom of the primitive half-pipe (97 or 98) at Sugarbush getting bitched out by an employee for poaching the 'snowboard park' with these kids from GMVS. I was standing just below where the pipe ended, when I got taken out by a snowboarder sledding on his snowboard (sitting between the bindings). Kind of got flipped, kid returned to apologize, employee didn't do anything (skiers in pipe=uncool, boarders sledding and hitting people=fine), and I was so pissed off that I didn't feel something fucked up in my shoulder. Couldn't lift my arm over the next few days and had to get x-rays to find out I had a separated something or other around my clavicle. No sports for three weeks.

But maybe the snowboarder made eye contact with me earlier, and I think he did yell something as he hit me, so it was probably my fault. When I got hit I think I got more air than Leroy did in that video (pull my finger and you'll get more air than Leroy did).
    [quote][//quote]

"Shit or get off the pot bud, you're in my line!" -Leroy yelling at some touron not moving fast enough below him

Holy shit, I've never seen a video or like that or come across someone like Leroy. Truly priceless. I've been in virtually identical situations hundreds of times and never yelled at the clueless guy who had the nerve to pause for five seconds where I was planning to ski.

Must watch:

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z...GOPR0007-1.mp4

Hard landing, soft head. I'm really starting to feel bad about making fun of this fetal alcohol syndrome survivor.

edit: sorry, I guess it had already been posted/referred to, but seriously, look at the video (someone should save it before Leroy develops a sense of shame/humility and deletes it). Unfuckingbelievable. Maybe the reputation of Altards as dicks isn't completely undeserved.
    [quote][//quote]

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    I love how Leroy calls it a "cliff" the whole thread.... I'm laughing my ass off right now after seeing that "massive" air. You have to see the next video in the series. http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z...GOPR0007-1.mp4 :big grin:

Thanks for the entertainment Leroy.
    HOLY EL OH FUCKING EL.

Leroy charges. Bwaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ho leroy oly for pnw usage

and now I know why I don't want my 8 year old to have a go pro

I'd have to watch hours of that stuff!

But seriously, He's stocked and he's out there. Seems like there are some longstanding hurt feelings I'm unaware of at the base of alot of this hostility. I love that he is coping that attitude while getting ready to drop into that bowl, rather than having fun with it. If I was still 12-20, I'd do exactly what he told me not to as well. I am connecting the dots at this point.

As far as skiing switch, I used to do that, but after the first couple hits my kids took, I wanted to be behind them thinking I could block. I don't know the answer, as each kid has taken a couple hits while on the greens. Clearly, I'm not doing it right!I was able to block one last year from my 4 year old when a guy was jumping over a rope and I saw him coming at him.

It really comes down to courtesy. Alot of kids are what I call drop offs. Parents come to the mountain and drop them off with an instructor or a friend. I don't think they learn about looking up hill, being aware, etc. Some good instructors, my wife, Shera, etc., will teach them these things. Some are just collecting a pay check and trying to keep them from crying. It's therpuetic to know that I wasn't the only guy getting worked up over this stuff anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Standing under a demo tent for years I have seen some great/horrific crashes.
    People are stupid, all levels and types of skiers/snowboarders are stupid.
    For some reason this reminded me of a humorous incident when playing traffic cop on a near flat novice run's Slow Zone. This was also the access to the base from one of the advanced lifts. The typical scenario was people tucking and skating to carry speed rather than simply standing and skiing slow. It was a section where many crashes and freaked out novices happened and we were given strict duty orders to pull passes.

This one guy (intermediate) came wiping through the slow zone maze and started skating fast. On the second skate, right in front of me he caught an edge and splattered and slide 20 feet, creating a yard sale. Holding back from busting up in laughter, while picking up hat, goggle, poles as I walked up to him informing I was taking his pass for being out of control in a slow zone.

His response while sitting on his ass with skis and gear surrounding him, wiping snow from his face: "But I was IN Control!"
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Does Utah have any small or uncrowded hills? It sounds like a shit show. I was at AltaBird over the holidays a few years back, and it did not seem that bad.

I grew up in upstate NY and learned at a 700' hill. We first sidestepped up the run out of a black diamond that was rarely skied. And I think they had a snow fence at the bottom. No interference, until we could learn to climb, slide and stop. Then took the lift to the top, where a single track that you had to pole brought you to the top of a wide green that wrapped around the hill, back to the base. I don't remember ever being hit. I do remember a cool ski jump at the bottom that was meant for aerial tricks. I was a drop off kid. My mom did not ski and would hang by the fire in the lodge. Even as i grew older and began taking bus trips to bigger NY and VT resorts, I don't recall any collisions. I do recall being driven into me both fundamentals (I was surprised to hear my wife was never taught to side slip, yet was skiing off piste terrain well. She learned as an adult in CA) and Skier Responsibility.

It seems something has changed. More crowded? Earbuds? Fewer folks taking lessons? Safety not being taught? SMore selfish/unaware skiers? Helmets give a false sense of security? Not sure what it is.

And Leroy, I still don't see how there could have been an issue. Maybe don't feel the need to pop the two footer next time. Leave it for the little chickens to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    And Leroy, I still don't see how there could have been an issue. Maybe don't feel the need to pop the two footer next time. Leave it for the little chickens to enjoy.
    But, that's HIS line, bro, and it had a soft run-out.

You guys are fucking morons. OMGZ!!!! I TOLD SOMEONE TO SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT!!!! I'M SUCH A MEANIEHEAD

I knew that guy. He didnt get as butthurt about it as you bunch of teenage girls. He was on vacation form the E coast visiting his brother and had been standing there for 5 minutes while me and his brother took care of important matters up above.

This place gets lamer ever day.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

I knew that guy. He was on vacation form the E coast visiting his brother and had been standing there for 5 minutes while me and his brother took care of important matters up above.
    Dude, everyone has to admit that this is a totally different scenario than what it looked like. If one my friends were in the way I would say more than “shit or get off the pot" it would sound more like my father beating me for stealing his weed(stupid fucking no good dumbshit assbag dildo, get out of the fucking way!).
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

while me and his brother took care of important matters up above.
    safety meeting ?
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters