Thread: What skis

What skis

I am a pretty good skier, i have been on bigener skis for the past 2 years. Looking to upgrade. I go up about 25 times a year. I do trees, bumps, moguls, bowls, and back country. I am looking for something that is not gonna coast a ton on money. I have asked around and people have said I am an advanced agressive skier.
    Anyone got any ideas?

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

RAX SKIS!!!!

Olin Mark IV (get them used on eBay) or rocker snow blades (don't listen to the critics as they can handle just about anything and it sounds like you are a really good skier).

Advanced aggressive skiers are going hybrid these days. Mixing ski sets. It costs a little more, but a combo groomer and powder ski will have you dominating on all terrain. I have one Salomon X Scream on my left foot and a Rossi S7 on the right (dominant foot). The combination of edging on the left and float on the right allows me to ski on/off piste all day - sometimes even at the same time!

Don't let the shop tell you it's stupid. They're anti progression.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

X scream snowblades all the way

snowlerblades. go send it
    it doesnt realli matter as long you as you remember to wake up and go skiing

You'll really like these...best skis EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Skirotica View Post
    Advanced aggressive skiers are going hybrid these days. Mixing ski sets. It costs a little more, but a combo groomer and powder ski will have you dominating on all terrain. I have one Salomon X Scream on my left foot and a Rossi S7 on the right (dominant foot). The combination of edging on the left and float on the right allows me to ski on/off piste all day - sometimes even at the same time!

Don't let the shop tell you it's stupid. They're anti progression.
    I find this setup ideal for starting off on the groomers on the left side of the mountain and working my way over to the harder powdery steeps on the right.

All mountains are setup like this, so it's ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Oder View Post
    I find this setup ideal for starting off on the groomers on the left side of the mountain and working my way over to the harder powdery steeps on the right.

All mountains are setup like this, so it's ideal.

The jeans are also a must.

Those aren't jeans. Those are $185 Burton Steeze pants with mock blood stains so you can blend in with authority.

I'm also demoing the new 'butter' stance that the Rossignol S7 is designed for, if you can't see your front buckles you're not far enough in the backseat.

all this talk of snowblades... Anyone know where I can get some? I wanna go super fast!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk2_f2fsd6A

Dont live the dream. Redefine it!

Snowblades can be made cheap by grabbing a pair of kids' skis and sending a nice air onto the flat. Score the backs with a V so they break off clean.

The most progressive I have seen have been rocking the mono ski. The aggressive ones in a one piece. Just saying.

This is what you want... all time best touring set up ever...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJhpt...eature=related
    What do you mean why do I have duct tape on my skis!?! It improves edge hold, increases pop, adds durability, and most importantly, boosts horsepower by like 30%... what? your skis don't have horsepower?