Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    almost nothing beats a good sneeze....McChrystal's

Good to see this thread taking off. We even have the odd Snuser or two on here.

To said Snusers, whats a good snus to try? I understand that the genuine Swedish stuff is quite potent. Curious to try such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post
    Also, what is the difference between chewing tobacco and dip? Sidewall mentioned something..
    Chewing tobacco is exactly what it sounds like. You actually chew the tobacco. Commonly, it comes in a foil bag containing actual tobacco leaves (not shredded) that have been cured, usually in molasses. Brands include Red Man, Beech-nut, and Levi Garret.

Dip is the stuff usually found in a can, tin, or whatever you call it in your area. Grizzly, Copenhagen, so on. These differences still don't stop people from calling dip "chew."

Copenhagen pouches these days. I've chewed for the better part of 15 years now and unfortunately, I think it's time to quit. I have several folks in my family who chewed their whole lives, including my great uncle who lived to be 98, but the circulation thing is definitely on my mind.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Dipped Kodiak wintergreen for about 15 years... Heavily for almost 10. Weird thing was, I never dipped at home. I always had one in at work... Soon as I needed to really focus I'd throw one in. Skiing was another favorite place to dip, and it was a ritual to have a lipper during pregame warmup when I played hockey. I quit almost 5 years ago.. Thank Fucking god. Cigarette smoking was easy for me to quit... Dipping was really difficult. I loved that Kodiak. I had a dip at a party this year and it tore my gums to shreds... Fuck that.

Sent from one of those fancy cellular telephones
    Last edited by booner; 08-29-2013 at 07:19 AM.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

I've done LOTS of stupid shit in my life.

Proud to say, putting this shit in my mouth was not one of them!

Never bothered with cigarettes either.

Now booze, that's another story altogether...

Quit Cope and went to the Smokey Mountain mint dip for awhile. Have been off that for about a month. We'll see what happens.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post
    I can count on one hand the number of times i've dipped. Pretty neutral about it, I can see where the addiction comes from though.

The thing I find very interesting about this thread is the fact that all the people who are commenting how disgusting and unhealthy chewing/dipping is are all former users. There doesn't seem to be anyone who is on the righteous but uninitiated path bashing the OP, as is usually the case with these threads. Wondering why that is?

Also, what is the difference between chewing tobacco and dip? Sidewall mentioned something..
    I will be happy to oblige. Never tried the stuff [although I did smoke cigarettes and cigars for a few years]. I find chew/dip fucking disgusting. Beyond the general grossness of finding spit bottles left behind is my own weird sense of smell, weak stomach and gag reflex. It is the darndest thing. I have a very poor sense of smell. However, instead of it just blunting all smells evenly, what it means is that some smells are either heightened or distorted into something someone else might smell differently. The smell of an active chew/spit cycle has been known to make me involuntarily barf on a few occasions. It happens even when I am not hungover and cleaning up someone's nasty spit bottle. There are a few people in college that I stopped letting in my car if they wanted to chew because barfing out of the blue is a little embarrassing. A hangover just makes it that much more special.

I've chewed a lot of Copenhagen and certainly miss it. Oct 16th will be 10 years since I've had a dip. I have friends that can have one here and there and I wish I could because I do like it. But, the previous time I stopped chewing I thought I would try one here and there and every time I did, in about two weeks I was up to 3 or so cans a week again. So I'm one of those people who doesn't get to enjoy it.

I quit for a multitude of reasons. The cost was going up, my gum line was receding, I gutted instead of spitting which is really bad on the cancer front, I was leaving the ski bench and had to be in front of people more who didn't like chewing...

But really, there are so many bad habits, I don't think dippers should be singled out. It's not like their second hand spit is giving others cancer.

I do miss it.

Bumping to hear if there are any successful Chantix stories.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Chewed for ~8 years. Quit about 25 years ago.

I was smoking cigs some the last few years. Quit. Last year I told my doctor, "Hey, you need to tell me how bad smoking is so I'll quit." he said, "Smoking's bad, but you can do it for 20-30 years before you get cancer. Chewing's the bad stuff. I've seen kids in here that have oral cancer after 5 years!"

No more tobacco for me. I want to live to see my grand kids.

I quit after 10 years with large amounts of sunflower seeds. After 2 weeks without it I was over it. Continued to have the occasional drunk dip but my dentist telling me a few years ago my receding gums would need a skin graft from the roof of my mouth if it gets worse cured me.
    Last edited by skialpy; 02-06-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Been nicotine free for four months now. Smokey Mountain herbal chew helped, as did sunflower seeds. I still miss it from time to time, but nothing too bad.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    Bumping to hear if there are any successful Chantix stories.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    Chewed Kodiak regularly for over 20 years, a can every 2 to 3 days. I "quit" too many times to count only start back up. Lots of closet chewing aka hiding from the wife. The thought of the BIG C finally won out and I quit almost 4 years ago. I took Chantix for 3 months and would not have done it without it. That shit works. YOu might have a some crazy dreams and few headaches. But shit, after trying to purge the evil Nicotine that has been coursing through your veins for that long....you are bound to have some weird shit go on.

Good luck, you can do'er if you want.

Tin a day for 20 yrs. I quit for 3 months last yr in Chile, then picked up a can as soon as I rolled off the plane in the Dallas AIrport!

I didn't miss it, I needed a cuban cigar every once and while, but otherwise it was easy.

One day….

Chewed Skoal & Cope for 15 yrs... got to the point where I would spit out one and stick another in.. I ended up being a medical professional so I knew I had to quit.. for my myself, my wife and my kids (future at that point).. so I did.. cold turkey (Nov 11 '96) and never took another dip... but it was hard.. especially when swinging a fly in a river.. I missed it seriously for years.. but not anymore.. tho I due still sometimes dream that I'm chewing smh.. tho not nearly as often as I dream about steelhead..
    Last edited by BaNosser; 02-08-2014 at 04:51 PM.
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

I do snus;general loose and portion. I really love snus, but been doing it for 12 years, and trying mildly cutting back, as 1:it's really fucking expensive, worse than cigs, and 2: there might be actual serious health problems associated with use of snus. Pancreatic or intestinal cancer have always been my biggest fears, and turns out there might be enough data to support a certain risk of those diseases.

Just turned 28, in a generally shitty condition, a bit fat and a bit complacent.

Will try turning to tobacco free snus, which in all honesty blows sweaty balls, but there's still that calming sensation of something being in your upper lip. Don't really get nicotine jitters, so that's good.

Buuut, FWIW, in the spirit of this dip loving thread, gotta say snus is really good. Better than cigs, socially acceptable. Over here, at the very least.