Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who Dips? The Tobacco Thread

Chewing, dipping, whatever you call it, any users of oral tobacco on here? Yea, we can include Snus in on this as well.

First, I don't rightfully care for any comments of the health risks of tobacco use. They are not foreign to me or any other user of tobacco. Tobacco use is a personal choice. Use another thread if you feel the need to tell others of all the unhealthy behavior they are partaking in, or to tell us of all the healthy behavior you are partaking in. Or, just go bang your head against a wall.....

For those who use (or who can refrain from the above), this is a place to discuss your favorite oral product, your favorite activity to pack a lipper while doing, what tobacco use means to you; so on, so forth.

To start things off, right now I'm working on a can Grizzly Straight. This stuff seems quite good to me. To me, this has a sweetish start (can you believe that), but the natural saltiness takes over quick. Some say that Grizzly tastes rubbery, but I disagree. To give an idea of the extent of my usage, a can will last me right around 3 weeks or so. Don't dip too much at all.

I have a can of Grizzly Wintergreen in my ski jacket waiting for opening day. Nothing like the coolness of wintergreen while blasting down a mountain. This stuff kicks me in the head. Strong indeed. Not much more experience with it than just a dip stole off of a friend. Haven't invested in a can of this stuff on my own venture before, so this should be a further learning experience.

So, are their any other dippers, chewers, or snusers on TGR?

I am cope long free for a month. I go off for nine or so months, the find ot again. Main reason to stay away is the healthe stuff. Though i have rancher family that have dipped cope their whole lives, gut it all day every, probably can a day. Nobody has had chaw related health problems. My dad dipped Skoal all day every day for forty years, fake teeth now, but that isnt all on the chaw.

I do miss that post dinner dip, the one with a buzz on...the one...

Damn ipad my grammer looks very akpm.

Nicotine JONG & regular JONG all in one!

From the way you are writing it seems you are new to chewing and still romanticizing the experience. Enjoy it while it lasts, you won't feel this way in a year.

When the Doc is cutting away part of your face and jaw to disengage the cancerous cells you'll look back fondly on these days. Seen it more than once. Enjoy!

I miss the kodiak but don't really miss being addicted.

Now I pretty much do the same thing with sunflower seeds. GF had some fennel for her hippy vegetable juicer and I was chewing the tops of that shit..was pretty good.
    Mint is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Nicotine JONG & regular JONG all in one!

From the way you are writing it seems you are new to chewing and still romanticizing the experience. Enjoy it while it lasts, you won't feel this way in a year.
    Two years, off and on.

At least you'll be able to spit without opening your mouth in a few years.

Did some dipping as a teenager, that shit is fucking powerful. Had no problem with chewing tobacco but dip is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewall View Post
    ....Had no problem with chewing tobacco but dip is another story.
    I have had a few pouches of Red Man. I don't get the 'buzz' from it, but it is nice. Kind of a throw back to me, something of an earlier time. But, I have found that it kind of starts to taste strange if you use it a few times daily. Could be just me.

Kentucky Blend

Once, long ago, my crew was on a fire in NM with nothing but soft ponderosa pine. I filed the rakers on my saw chain way down to have some fun and really throw some pondo, and it was producing these long peelers of soft wood that would pile up next to a cut. Somehow, my buddy got the idea to put some of these stringers in a Red Man pouch and spit copenhagen spit into it for almost a week.
    There was a guy nobody liked on our crew who would always end up running out and asking everyone for some chew...then taking a giant dip. After a week of stewing in my friend's disgusting sweaty pocket, it finally happened. Dude comes around looking for some dip..."yeah I've got this new Kentucky blend, have you tried it?" So, he takes his usual giant dip of wood and spit and he liked it. Unfortunately, there was an office guy there filling in on the crew, he wasn't in on it and he also wanted to try the new Kentucky blend...collateral damage. Amazingly, he also liked it.

Kentucky blend.

Chewing/dipping is fucking disgusting. So glad all that shit did was make me sick every time I tried it as a dumbass youngster (I did take up smoking for many years though.)

Nothing worse than cleaning up after a party while horribly hung over and having to deal with all the beer cans full of spit and cigarette butts.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

I dipped cope for 25 years - haven't had one now in about 4 years and I still get a craving for it weekly - if your just starting then stop - teeth are really expensive to replace

Dipped for over a decade, mainly Skoal (and later Kodiak) Mint.. sometimes Straight. Never liked Copenhagen; always tasted like burnt bark to me. Wintergreen flavored stuff always gave me weird dead skin areas in my lip whereas the Mint did not. No idea why, but probably had something to do with that rumored fiberglass in dip... :shrug:

Dipping after a big meal while watching sports was always my favorite time.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Fucking disgusting habit.

About 5 years free of the addiction. Thanks to Chantix and the stop smokeless forums.

I was a Skoal mint man. Glad I don't have that shit in my lip any longer. I was a can every other day dipper.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

General snus

Quote Originally Posted by ThePontoonGoon View Post
    what tobacco use means to you
    Stupidity.

Cope long currently, started in high school so about 30 years ago. Others brands over the years. Quit many times, always end up starting again. Will probably quit again after ski season.

Sent from my ADR6400L using TGR Forums

I can count on one hand the number of times i've dipped. Pretty neutral about it, I can see where the addiction comes from though.

The thing I find very interesting about this thread is the fact that all the people who are commenting how disgusting and unhealthy chewing/dipping is are all former users. There doesn't seem to be anyone who is on the righteous but uninitiated path bashing the OP, as is usually the case with these threads. Wondering why that is?

Also, what is the difference between chewing tobacco and dip? Sidewall mentioned something..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePontoonGoon View Post
    this is a place to discuss your favorite oral product

i have a high school friend who dipped, one of those who had the faded ring in the back pocket of his jeans, had a hunk of cancer cut out of his jaw last year.

just sayin...

#1 reason for skiers to not use nicotine is it screws up your circulation (vasoconstriction, poor growth of new blood vessels, hardening of the blood vessel walls), hindering healing. If you tweak something it will take longer to recover, and often will not recover as well. Arthritis is almost a certainty if you keep using. Skiing + nicotine = much quicker end to you getting to enjoy skiing.

Cancer, heart attacks, those might be worth the risk of a nice dip- but giving up skiing because it hurts too bad? No way.

Gross!
    I am never kissing any of you dippers again... well, no more open mouth frenching that is.