what is the mag shortcut through troy ny?

can't find the thread, i remember seeing last year that there was a quicker way through/around troy ny. i'm heading from magic down to i-87 and have been taking the standard rt 7 - rt 787 that i get from google. anybody got a way to bypass the lights and crap on rt 7 through troy?
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

jgb@etree Guest
    Goto Brunswick Greens & grab a beer, then backtrack a couple of miles and use 278 to cut over to 2 and go that way. When I lived in Latham that was always the way I would go to bypass Troy when heading to/from VT.

Every time I've gone through Troy it's taken me longer than going back to 91. I know some people insist it's the way to head back toward CT/NYC, but I've tried it several times and always spent at least 20 extra minutes driving.
    [quote][//quote]

yeah, i'm heading home to jersey city, can't bring myself to put the gw bridge between myself and home, taking the i87 way. thanks for the replies guys
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.