Page 176 of 275 FirstFirst ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 6863
    Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    The wardens don't clear the non punched Mercury either. WTF........
    I've skied Wardens MNC's in my Mercurys without an issue. Where are they contacting?

Install manual states that's an issue.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

daught, ah, ok. Mine touched there too but when I torque tested them and compared the readings to that of an alpine boot (same bsl) that had clearance I got the same readings - so I took that as meaning the shell was just 'kissing' and was happy at that. Try backing the din right off and see if you can feel any resistance/hang-up when slowly pushing the boot out.

Yea, the boot touches the binding after it released from the wings. It really doesn't seem to add any resistance to the release.

What do you think about the AFD not having the small gap? It just touches it, I can easily slide it from under the boot, but again no gap.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Yea, the boot touches the binding after it released from the wings. It really doesn't seem to add any resistance to the release.

What do you think about the AFD not having the small gap? It just touches it, I can easily slide it from under the boot, but again no gap.
    I wouldn't be concerned about that with the Mercury/Vulcan as it has those two circular hard rubber areas on the sole designed to not compress/drag on the AFD like many touring soles do.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Got a query for the collective...

Current ski was mounted for radical (rotation) on the line for 315.

Wanna remount with STH2 ideally (better adjustment for different boots); could also do a Pivot too. Same BSL 315.

Can someone check to make sure I drew this out correctly?

From what I see I’d have to bump the toe 5mm forward with the STH2.

Pivot could mount directly in at the line.
    If you insist on solly's move toe foreward just enough to get 1cm center to center on the front holes. Heel looks fine, so you would be mounting a few mm forward for a slightly longer bsl. But if you can hit the line with pivots, why not?

helicoil question for y'all.

i have a ski with two helicoils at the front of a heel track (attack2 demo). they are both slightly proud of the topsheet. do i grind em down flush? carve a tiny bit of material from bottom of the heel track to make room? just mount em up and forget about it?

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    helicoil question for y'all.

i have a ski with two helicoils at the front of a heel track (attack2 demo). they are both slightly proud of the topsheet. do i grind em down flush? carve a tiny bit of material from bottom of the heel track to make room? just mount em up and forget about it?
    I'd dremel off the last little hanging portion of the coil to get it at or below the surface of the top sheet.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    I wouldn't be concerned about that with the Mercury/Vulcan as it has those two circular hard rubber areas on the sole designed to not compress/drag on the AFD like many touring soles do.
    The mercury are within the adjustment range. The khions are the ones that are too tall. They don't have any hard rubber like the mercury. Kinda weird they put the hard rubber on the older Mercury/Vulcan, but not on the khion which is less touring oriented.

jong time, happy monday mags

i just did this mount last night - wood glue for now, since i'm putting inserts in these eventually. they had an existing mount so i spaced out 2 or so hole widths from it and went for it. left them to dry upside down in a warm place, and i'm hoping to ski them tonight (just fitness laps, not real skiing)

now my question is: when i look edge on to the ski/binding interface i can see about a paper's width of light through the bindings - the tiniest of gaps. i wonder if the topsheet just isn't level? i hand tightened the screws (to actual hand tight), and i didn't want to yard down hard on the screws (i feel like i was putting plenty of force on them).

so am i gonna die?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201221_144436295.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	354078

we are all going to die

you might feel the binding slop around but its doubtful
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    we are all going to die

you might feel the binding slop around but its doubtful
    it feels mega solid in hand

and this mount is only temporary to put in BF inserts, anyway

seriously though is this an issue, and if so, how could i have avoided it?

It sounds like you might have a topsheet volcano preventing the binding from sitting perfectly flat on the skis. I've seen lots of skis sent out of shops with a small gap like this and have some in the quiver. You'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    It sounds like you might have a topsheet volcano preventing the binding from sitting perfectly flat on the skis. I've seen lots of skis sent out of shops with a small gap like this and have some in the quiver. You'll be fine.
    thanks, that's exactly what i thought too.

i took a chisel to the previous mount to try to un-volcano it as much as possible, and i also tried to reduce the volcano in the new holes, but my guess is it got pushed out a little bit when i actually screwed it in

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

For volcanoes and plastic plugs a little sureform plane is the tits.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-...-399/202262007

if you take a 3/8ths drill bit and rotate it by hand in the hole you drilled to take off JUST enough material to chamfer off some of the top sheet material

you in effect remove the volcano before you create it so you don't get the volcano's

be aware if you remove too much material you lose holding power

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    if you take a 3/8ths drill bit and rotate it by hand in the hole you drilled to take off JUST enough material to chamfer off some of the top sheet material

you in effect remove the volcano before you create it so you don't get the volcano's

be aware if you remove too much material you lose holding power
    gotcha, this is super helpful. as always, i appreciate the wealth of advice and knowledge in this community

i also have the binding freedom tool for polishing down volcanos by hand, maybe i should have used that?

I don't know what that is cuz i never do inserts but however you do it if the hole is SLIGHTLY chamferd it doesn't volcano

you can also use a countersink bit. rotate by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    you can also use a countersink bit. rotate by hand.
    Thirding the rotate by hand advice. Bits can "suck" in to that nice soft top sheet and remove a lot of material in a very short amount of time. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

thats why i have said JUST and SLIGHTLY in caps,

probably also a good time to skip the power tools ^^

Question for you gurus... regarding Marker Tour F12 bindings size small

I am looking into buying a pair of skis with these mounted already. I am not a fan of them.

I will be putting on pivots, mounted to 327bsl.

Will there be any conflict of interest? Or should I be clear.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Head Kore 117.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	354151
    Kore 117 w/ pivots @ +1. I have the Kore 105 as a touring ski which I like. Thought I'd give these a try. Maybe later this week in some good ole New England rain corn.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    When I check for mounting pattern overlap I paste Knut's templates into a PowerPoint presentation as a picture, then overlay the other mounting pattern on top of the one that is on the ski, adjust the top of for transperency to make it translucent, and then compare the mounting patters one end at a time.

So zero drawing required
    That is fucking genius!

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    it feels mega solid in hand

and this mount is only temporary to put in BF inserts, anyway

seriously though is this an issue, and if so, how could i have avoided it?
    You might have some topsheet volcanoes that are keeping the binding from sitting flush.

Or you might have not tightened enough. This is tough to describe and you kind of have to go on feel but you can get a spinner if you overdo it.

Edit: you guys beat me to it.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season