Page 145 of 275 FirstFirst ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 6863
    well I was talking about using fornt/back of the boot shell and calling that boot center not front/back of the actual full lrngth sole of the boot.

in any case pin line on my T1 is a red C-hair from front of the boot shell so I would say measuring from pin hole is the same as measuring from front of bootshell

T1 was a black/yellow boot with no boot center mark so measure/mark with a white or yellow paint stick or I just used a piece of tape

To further complicate I think some Tele-boots no longer have pin holes, i assume cuz nobody is going to use a plastic boot in a 3pin ennymore ?

But one thing I never followed was that ball of foot thing
    Last edited by XXX-er; 03-07-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well I was talking about using fornt/back of the boot shell and calling that boot center not front/back of the actual full lrngth sole of the boot.

in any case pin line on my T1 is a red C-hair from front of the boot shell so I would say measuring from pin hole is the same as measuring from front of bootshell

T1 was a black/yellow boot with no boot center mark so measure/mark with a white or yellow paint stick or I just used a piece of tape

To further complicate I think some Tele-boots no longer have pin holes, i assume cuz nobody is going to use a plastic boot in a 3pin ennymore ?

But one thing I never followed was that ball of foot thing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200308_083138.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	319310Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200308_083143.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	319311
    If that's a red c-hair to you, I'm afraid to meet the red heads where you're from!
    And like I said, I'm pretty sure it was just BD that did not have a pin line on the sole of 75mm boots. They do have bc mark however. I'm sure Crispi and Garmont/Scott would put a center mark on if they didn't have pin line on the sole, but I'm not familiar w/ their boots

Thanks all. My BD boots do have a marking for center. My 22 designs mount template does not which makes it tricky.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Thats one of them black & yaller 24.5 T-1's from maybe 2002, a piece of tape cuz you can't see pen marks, pin line and boot shell looks pretty close to me which is why I posted as such

is that a T-1 race or a garmont, what size, why such a big difference ?

Name:  scarpabootsole.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  37.9 KB

Name:  scarpabootsole#2.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  41.1 KB

fortunately I managed to " divorce well " from that last redhead while still owning half my shit and she is now on husband # 5 so you don't have to worry

So I have a question that I couldn't find listed above but am sure they have been answered in this thread so sorry for my jongness.

1) I learned above that you change the drill bit size for if there is metal in the ski. I am drilling into carbon apostles so it is carbon sandwiched wood, do I need to alter the drill bit size for that?

Thank you to Jondrums for having templates on BindingFreedom. I will be using those on my next touring ski setup. Greatly appreciate all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Thanks all. My BD boots do have a marking for center. My 22 designs mount template does not which makes it tricky.

22D's pdf has both a pin line and a boot center line. Note that Axl is a tad different. And ignore that nonsense about moving back that's on the pdf.

Had an insert come out of a ski. Anything I should know before I reinstall it? Anything special to do when reinstalling it?
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    22D's pdf has both a pin line and a boot center line. Note that Axl is a tad different. And ignore that nonsense about moving back that's on the pdf.
    Do you know which is for hammerhead? The hammerhead template does not have those lines

I <heart> hot tele-moms

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

Place the binding on the ski, place the boot in the binding (heel throw engaged) - no drilling or screws yet - and eye your measured boot center onto the line. Determine your template placement from that vantage. You can pencil mark as you need to in order to not lose your reference once the binder boot gets lifted and you need to drop the template into the ski. Don’t over think it.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Place the binding on the ski, place the boot in the binding (heel throw engaged) - no drilling or screws yet - and eye your measured boot center onto the line. Determine your template placement from that vantage. You can pencil mark as you need to in order to not lose your reference once the binder boot gets lifted and you need to drop the template into the ski. Don’t over think it.
    I did that and screwed it up and was way back. So I put another set of holes 1.5" forward and am a little forward
    Its hard to get the boot flat when the heel throw is engaged. And you can't really see the screws and stuff.
    I'll figure it out.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Do you know which is for hammerhead? The hammerhead template does not have those lines

HH follows Vice, Outlaw, and Lynx. Axls are the odd man out by 8mm:

https://www.twentytwodesigns.com/faqs.html

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Had an insert come out of a ski. Anything I should know before I reinstall it? Anything special to do when reinstalling it?
    Personally, I’d fill with epoxy, let dry, redrill, retap, and reinstall. Maybe soak insert in acetone and clean it up too.

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

I did that and screwed it up and was way back. So I put another set of holes 1.5" forward and am a little forward
    Its hard to get the boot flat when the heel throw is engaged. And you can't really see the screws and stuff.
    I'll figure it out.

Hope you didn’t fack it up on my advice. Drilling 12 minutes after my post =)

I assume you used two existing and drilled 1x forward so now have 8 toe holes?

How far forward to the center line?
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Hope you didn’t fack it up on my advice. Drilling 12 minutes after my post =)

I assume you used two existing and drilled 1x forward so now have 8 toe holes?

How far forward to the center line?
    I did it before your post...

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    HH follows Vice, Outlaw, and Lynx. Axls are the odd man out by 8mm:

https://www.twentytwodesigns.com/faqs.html

Awesome thanks

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Mounted some skis last night. Nordica Enforcer 110's in a 191, with pivots on the line.

Name:	Nordica.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	919.6 KB 
ID:	319818
    Half way there.

Name:	Nordica 1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	319819
    Finished product. 6th different pair of skis these P-18's have been on. Indestructible...until the base plate blows up.

I’ve been a longtime proponent of shim-less heel mounts on backlands/mtns, but doing it on new skis made me nervous, so I ordered 11.5mm screws and ground the heads to 9mm. Very easy and worth the peace of mind to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swapped G3s from some Hojis onto these Deathwizards last night. Cain’t hardly wait to go play on them.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Thats one of them black & yaller 24.5 T-1's from maybe 2002, a piece of tape cuz you can't see pen marks, pin line and boot shell looks pretty close to me which is why I posted as such

is that a T-1 race or a garmont, what size, why such a big difference ?

Name:  scarpabootsole.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  37.9 KB

Name:  scarpabootsole#2.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  41.1 KB

fortunately I managed to " divorce well " from that last redhead while still owning half my shit and she is now on husband # 5 so you don't have to worry
    Yeah. Mine are 29 T-Race.
    I have 4 pair tele boots.
    2- 29 T-Race(best tele boots ever, non-tour block)
    1 29 T-1
    1 12 Scarpa Expresso(leather)
    I marked shell and pin lines

Name:	IMG_20200314_135824.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	320384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200314_135838.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	320385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200314_140300.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	320386

I measured again, so you are technicaly correct by a whopping 2mm but this is telemark so there are not too many fucks given here

I put the difference between front of duckbill to pin center and front of duckbill to front of boot shell at a whopping 2mm on my boot,

so then measure to rear of boot, half that total measurement will give me boot center, so boot center will be 1mm more forward after the total measurement is halved

Of more concern would be that my 24 will be 2cm closer to ski center than someone mounting a size 29

so do you measure to rear of shell or rear of sole ?

My difference is closer to a cm.
    BSL YO

I have a dumb/very basic question here - I picked up a pair of used skis with plugged holes matching my binding and BSL. I'm not sure yet what the plugs are, but I'm guessing it's just the plastic type. I'd like to just reuse those holes. Is there anything different I need to do to mount that way? Or do I just drill right into the plugs?

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Alright - I have a dumb/very basic question here - I picked up a pair of used skis with plugged holes matching my binding and BSL. So I'd like to just reuse those holes. Is there anything different I need to do to mount that way? Or do I just drill right into the plugs? I'm not sure yet what the plugs are, but I'm guessing it's just the plastic type.
    If they're the plastic plugs, just pull them out. Drill a little pilot hole into the center of the plug (not all the way through), screw a drywall screw into that, and yank 'em out with vice grips. You'll leave the ski better intact that way. Trying to redrill with the full size binding mount drill won't ever line up perfectly and you'll take a little more material out of the core.

i would re-mount using the old holes with 2 part, be careful not to spin any of the screws ... be gentle with that screwdriver

Unless you use a really small bit drilling into the plugs can wreck the old threads in the ski or the bit can wander

scratch a plug to see if its plastic, the old plastic plugs come out easily with a drywall screw

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I'll try and pull them with the drywall screw

If they don’t come out easily you can drill them out, just make sure you are dead center and take your time.

And definitely use epoxy and screw slowly when you are remounting, if you get overzealous its very easy to get spinners on old holes

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk