Page 182 of 275 FirstFirst ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 6863
    36 holes per ski, no problem. Luckily the lifter plates didn't have any conflicts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mount1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	356469

Name:	mount2.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	356470

Name:	mount3.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	356471
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

re post above
    FYI Your gonna chase those little red hearts all around the ski resort. They fall out when overly flexed.
    However those Course SL rip. Have fun on those!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

^^^ Those Courses are f-ing sweet
    So I'm gonna ditch my shifts and do inserts for Tyr Attacks as replacement... but debating if should just plug the shift holes or "plug" with inserts in case I ever want to go back. If I regular plug, I could always put inserts over those holes later right?

Quote Originally Posted by m104da View Post
    ^^^ Those Courses are f-ing sweet
    So I'm gonna ditch my shifts and do inserts for Tyr Attacks as replacement... but debating if should just plug the shift holes or "plug" with inserts in case I ever want to go back. If I regular plug, I could always put inserts over those holes later right?
    Yeah, replacing normal plugs with inserts down the line is easy.

Bingo, thx HAB

I guess if I really screw up a mount, I can just throw em up on craigslist...
    Name:  legends.png
Views: 600
Size:  403.3 KB

Mounted some fucking skis today. Billy Goat 108 with the new tour core. Big thanks to tgapp for loaning me his ATK jig. That thing is a work of art.

Actually never mounted with a jig before, super hard to screw up the drilling

Name:	IMG_20210106_162751.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	356717

A little G Flex before screwing

Name:	IMG_20210106_170640.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	356718

Adjusting heel gap, pins line up nicely.

Name:	IMG_20210106_184818.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	356720

Finished product

Name:	IMG_20210106_190245.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	356721

Dang man, that's a super sweet setup!

Let me know if you ever get bored of it and decide to move on (:

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

That ATK jig is a damn fine thing. Paper mounting those binders was.... time consuming to say the least.

Do you foresee any issues screwing into holes from previous bindings if they are about 1 mm off centre for each hole? As seen below, the previous holes are about 1 mm further out than the new bindings. I'd need to do this to keep recommended mounting line. I'd prefer to not move the entire binding 1 cm forward or back...

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	357080

Quote Originally Posted by endure View Post
    Do you foresee any issues screwing into holes from previous bindings if they are about 1 mm off centre for each hole? As seen below, the previous holes are about 1 mm further out than the new bindings. I'd need to do this to keep recommended mounting line. I'd prefer to not move the entire binding 1 cm forward or back...

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	357080
    How much play is there between the screws and their holes thru the bindings themselves? If pretty tight I think that 1 mm. difference probably forces the screws in on an angle. You could try to file or dremel off some of the screw threads, only where they pass thru the binding, and gain some play to keep them straight that way. Or take out a little bit thru the binding itself, only to the direction you need to move.

Does anyone happen to know screw types and lengths for Tyrolia Attack2 13 AT? I went off the BF guide for attack 13's but just realized that the AT's sit up higher (more stack height)
    Or better question, should I just measure the existing screws but with just 5mm sticking out? (Presumably the drill-in screws are longer)
    And sorry, last... The BF m5 screwhead (low head) sits slightly higher and the heel piece doesnt clear it for for/aft pressure movement. Grind the head down a bit till it clears?
    Thx... off to a flying start on this project!

Mounted these late last night after a long week and night skiing. I was basically falling asleep and double checked after I center punched one ski and realized I was off . Measure thrice drill once. Extra holes avoided. Tomorrow we hit the bc and see what they're all about

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Mounted these late last night after a long week and night skiing. I was basically falling asleep and double checked after I center punched one ski and realized I was off . Measure thrice drill once. Extra holes avoided. Tomorrow we hit the bc and see what they're all about

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Reckoner 122? Where does this slot in the quiver?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Finally got around to mounting these...

Attachment 356142

Thanks to gregorys for his Warden 13 demo template. Now that my son can manage my skis, the “demo fleet” is growing and my kid is digging it!

Attachment 356143
    Attachment 356144
    Attachment 356145
    I would use a water proof glue, not Elmer's,

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

Ok. Wanna do something stupid and am hoping you guys will convince me it’s ok. I’ve got a set of center mounted Mordecais with pivots. At first I liked the center mount but the more I ride them them more I think they would be a lot better moved back 3 cm. So I want to remount them. But I don’t want to fill the old holes for a few days just in case I like them better in the center after trying it. Anybody ever do this? I’m thinking I could cover the holes with tape to try them out further back for a 4 day weekend I’m about to ski on? Then pick a mount location and finalize?

Or am I an idiot? Well, don’t need to answer that- I’m a Browns fan so I already know that answer.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    plug the holes with a plastic plug
    drill em out if you wanna reuse
    or drip wax or ptex
    but i wouldnt use tape as waterproofing
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Ok. Wanna do something stupid and am hoping you guys will convince me it’s ok. I’ve got a set of center mounted Mordecais with pivots. At first I liked the center mount but the more I ride them them more I think they would be a lot better moved back 3 cm. So I want to remount them. But I don’t want to fill the old holes for a few days just in case I like them better in the center after trying it. Anybody ever do this? I’m thinking I could cover the holes with tape to try them out further back for a 4 day weekend I’m about to ski on? Then pick a mount location and finalize?

Or am I an idiot? Well, don’t need to answer that- I’m a Browns fan so I already know that answer.
    hot glue
    swing your fucking sword.

I'd trust gorilla tape for a day or two and then curse myself while removing.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    ... So I want to remount them. But I don’t want to fill the old holes for a few days just in case I like them better in the center after trying it. Anybody ever do this? I’m thinking I could cover the holes with tape to try them out further back for a 4 day weekend I’m about to ski on? Then pick a mount location and finalize? ...
    The way you propose means that the bindings would have to be removed again at a later date to "permanently" plug one set of holes once you have decided which to keep. That just seems unneccessary.

Your remount would move the bindings from 2cm (mounted at center) in from of Eric's recommended, to 1cm behind - aka within the recommended range of the skis (-2 to -6). I would not overthink this - just to it properly from the get go. After all, you are certain enough to drill new holes. Just plug the holes. It is easy to remove plastic plugs if you want to reuse the holes at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    The way you propose means that the bindings would have to be removed again at a later date to "permanently" plug one set of holes once you have decided which to keep. That just seems unneccessary.

Your remount would move the bindings from 2cm (mounted at center) in from of Eric's recommended, to 1cm behind - aka within the recommended range of the skis (-2 to -6). I would not overthink this - just to it properly from the get go. After all, you are certain enough to drill new holes. Just plug the holes. It is easy to remove plastic plugs if you want to reuse the holes at a later date.
    Ok, some clarification. They are currently just in front of Eric's line - maybe -1.25 cm from true center. Feels too forward but I've never skied these skis before so I cant' be certain it's not just the way the ski skis. I think I'd move them to about -4/-5cm (whatever works to not conflict with the other holes.) Still inside the -2cm to -6cm range, though on these (2018 version) they don't show the -6cm line.

My concern is that if I plug the holes with plastic it'll deform the threads and mean I can't reasonably reuse the holes if I decide to move them back. So I'm tyrign to leave the original holes untouched to reuse the threads if necessary (ie, I move everything backwards and hate it)

it has been my experiance that a properly removed plastic plug leaves the threads intact and rareley results in the spin to lose
    and if not a heli coil will fix it
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    it has been my experiance that a properly removed plastic plug leaves the threads intact and rareley results in the spin to lose
    and if not a heli coil will fix it
    Sweet. Thanks SFB.

that being said i do tape open holes before sending them into the carwash tuner
    and it works tape would probably work depending on temp and snow conditions
    until it didnt
    i like a slightly smaller bit and if you see wood and not plastic
    that could comprimise threads
    ive also used the drywall screw 1/2 way in and lever out
    but i prefer drill and remove
    i dont glue plugs myself but know some who do
    im at mill creek most afternoons 2-4 ish
    and im on the workend warrior schedule and around on weekends
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    yikes man

also when i was doing my QK jobs on already mounted skis i was kinda blown away by how many corners i saw that shops had cut. like HUGE volcanos, poorly trimmed plugs, mounts that weren't on true center, all sorts of shit

these are reputable ski shops who have great reputations & such, not trying to shit talk em, but it does reinforce the old "if you want something done right you should do it yourself" adage
    i missed this
    ya know it and roofin aint exactly road scholar career paths or ida not gotten sucked in
    not everyone cares the same at certain times
    or has been taught the right way
    nor is as anal

i did catch the gentelman part
    just cause i didnt mention your old ladies rack
    dont mean i didnt oogle

and im disapointed in ullr bout now

re: collar stops on drill bits

I'm trying to figure out how to take up some room around my 3.6mm bit so a 4mm collar holds firm and stays square. it's a c-type/split ring collar like these:
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SY1000_.jpg

tried painters tape and there's too much slop.

any ideas?