Page 194 of 275 FirstFirst ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... LastLast
Results 4,826 to 4,850 of 6863
    Definitely looks off center to the right compared with the centerline you drew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    Definitely looks off center to the right compared with the centerline you drew.
    Thanks. That centerline was just a swag and is off for sure. I was looking at rough hole placement to see if it was even worth spending time on it.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Looks good to go

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Thanks. I get a little worried on third mounts...

Not sure if this is where this goes other than I should have mounted my own fucking skis. Had the shop mount my msp 99's a few years ago, each set of bindings is 1.5mm off center to the left and one toe piece is 4mm farther back than the other straight pull from the tip. Should I plug the holes and re-mount with different bindings? Just say fuck it and ski em? If I'm just being a whiney Jong bitch feel free to call me out on it but figured I'd ask the mags who would know.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

If you mount a binding for a certain BSL, is it for the heel in the middle of the track?
    specifically STH2 mounted for 297 on used pair. i want it for 315. delta is 18. move toe up 9mm to new holes (too close?), and should be able to get away with not remounting heel, which I read has 28mm total slide. safe that it's +14, -14? Then I should be able to go back 9 no prob.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by lake_effect View Post
    Not sure if this is where this goes other than I should have mounted my own fucking skis. Had the shop mount my msp 99's a few years ago, each set of bindings is 1.5mm off center to the left and one toe piece is 4mm farther back than the other straight pull from the tip. Should I plug the holes and re-mount with different bindings? Just say fuck it and ski em? If I'm just being a whiney Jong bitch feel free to call me out on it but figured I'd ask the mags who would know.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
    it won' t cost you anything to just ski them

consider you might have done better OR worse

the thing is to be happy
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My kid ruined another pair of skis. The heel.rips out and he loses the ski (now without brakes) in the woods. He butters forward all the time and the little skis are just foam core.
    If you are in new England and have something in like 130 135 please let me know thanks. With bindings. Twin tips not race, we have piles of those.
    Trade for a discount voucher to Cannon.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    If you mount a binding for a certain BSL, is it for the heel in the middle of the track?
    specifically STH2 mounted for 297 on used pair. i want it for 315. delta is 18. move toe up 9mm to new holes (too close?), and should be able to get away with not remounting heel, which I read has 28mm total slide. safe that it's +14, -14? Then I should be able to go back 9 no prob.
    Yes - should be in middle of heel range if mounted properly. That being said, its no guarantee that when someone says that a ski is mounted for 297 that it actually was - they usually are just reporting their BSL. If you're lucky you might be able to fit your 315 in there without a remount. If not, I agree that you should be able move the toes up 1 cm and have plenty of slack in the heel to fit your boot

Demo Plates:
    Can reuse existing holes that don’t necessarily match up with my bsl, but use the demo rail to fit my boot?
    I guess I am asking with the demo plates, does it “matter” as much to mount to bsl?
    Seems to me I should be able to?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Dad, I can huck that"

Quote Originally Posted by spotted dogs View Post
    Demo Plates:
    Can reuse existing holes that don’t necessarily match up with my bsl, but use the demo rail to fit my boot?
    I guess I am asking with the demo plates, does it “matter” as much to mount to bsl?
    Seems to me I should be able to?

IME with demo plates on the attak demo as long as i can get the plate on the ski I can move boot center a whole bunch by flicking a couple of adjustments independently of one another SO the plates don't have to be exactly where the mounting jig sez they should be and you can probably still get your he proper boot center

Cuz i have a small BSL I put my heel plate closer so ski center so i could move the toe further forward which i did to test different boot centers back to back in pow, i tried up to +6 on some DPS wailers

i hope that ^^ makes sense
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It does. I am 310 in the cochise. So paraphrasing you... I can mount my heel as far back as I “want” then toes and adjust as needed to find boot center.

"Dad, I can huck that"

The heel DIN on the pivot 15s I just mounted is super hard to adjust with a flat head.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2078.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	207.2 KB 
ID:	366750

Sweet graphic.
    Dildo should be in the up position for DIN adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Sweet graphic.
    Dildo should be in the up position for DIN adjustment.
    12 o’clock tuck position

Name:	Image1615686650.531796.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	217.9 KB 
ID:	367280

Easy peasy

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by spotted dogs View Post
    It does. I am 310 in the cochise. So paraphrasing you... I can mount my heel as far back as I “want” then toes and adjust as needed to find boot center.

When you say “mount” you mean adjust the heel on the track?

I haven’t followed all along so I’ll just lay it out: if you have old demo holes for attacks, install the binding tracks, then slide the toe and heel anywhere on the track to fit you boot. Ignore the markings on the minding.

To find out where you are skiing in relation to the ski, slide toe first. Get heel situated. With toe and heel adjusted properly, and with boot in binding, look from the side and find the mark on your boot showing midsole. Then draw a line on your ski corresponding. See how that line relates to the “recommended” line on your ski. For example, it is -1 from the “recommended” line. Now you know when your toe is at that location, you’re skiing at -1cm from rec. indicate that somehow on the toe track so you remember (sharpie is good).

One set of demo plate holes can take virtually any boot at any original mount and test basically any new mount. It’s actually pretty sweet

Name:	Cochise 1.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	685.2 KB 
ID:	368155
    Not Moments!

Name:	Cochise 2.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	909.1 KB 
ID:	368156
    Pivot with 95mm brake on the Cochise 106 worked out fine. Slightly irritated to end up with one spinner to deal with. Psyched for these skis just in time for a corn cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post

Name:	Cochise 1.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	685.2 KB 
ID:	368155
    Not Moments!

Name:	Cochise 2.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	909.1 KB 
ID:	368156
    Pivot with 95mm brake on the Cochise 106 worked out fine. Slightly irritated to end up with one spinner to deal with. Psyched for these skis just in time for a corn cycle.
    That's a stellar looking setup. Nobody's paying attention to the new cochise it seems. Curious what you'll make of it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Mounted some more of my own fucking skis. I did BF inserts for both Wardens and Alpinists on the Soul 7s. I ended up drilling the holes for inserts a bit too deep and got small dimples on the bases. I was able to back them before the epoxy set and get the bases flat again. Lesson learned. I also mounted some Wardens on a pair of QSTs that I picked up from Eastskier.

Name:	IMG_0145.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	368292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0141.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	368293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	63797319846__EE146726-8649-4284-AFF2-F12B91DE948F.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	368294

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    When you say “mount” you mean adjust the heel on the track?

I haven’t followed all along so I’ll just lay it out: if you have old demo holes for attacks, install the binding tracks, then slide the toe and heel anywhere on the track to fit you boot. Ignore the markings on the minding.

To find out where you are skiing in relation to the ski, slide toe first. Get heel situated. With toe and heel adjusted properly, and with boot in binding, look from the side and find the mark on your boot showing midsole. Then draw a line on your ski corresponding. See how that line relates to the “recommended” line on your ski. For example, it is -1 from the “recommended” line. Now you know when your toe is at that location, you’re skiing at -1cm from rec. indicate that somehow on the toe track so you remember (sharpie is good).

One set of demo plate holes can take virtually any boot at any original mount and test basically any new mount. It’s actually pretty sweet
    Thanks for putting into easy words what was like a bowl of spaghetti in my head.

"Dad, I can huck that"

I'm looking at mounting templates. I have skis drilled for STH2 and was thinking of putting shifts on. same BSL. the holes are different, but only a little. so I am thinking it's a no go? anyone else? I could move the heel fore or aft I guess.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I'm looking at mounting templates. I have skis drilled for STH2 and was thinking of putting shifts on. same BSL. the holes are different, but only a little. so I am thinking it's a no go? anyone else? I could move the heel fore or aft I guess.
    I did mine for shifts and STHs. Had to finagle the pattern around a bit. Luckily there's a good amount of play in the shift heel. I don't remember the holes matching up very well, so I have two patterns in my skis.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    I did mine for shifts and STHs. Had to finagle the pattern around a bit. Luckily there's a good amount of play in the shift heel. I don't remember the holes matching up very well, so I have two patterns in my skis.

Thanks. It looks doable with finagling
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Here is my most recent project: 2016 Bibbys. Came upon these with something like 4 mounts already on them. Drilled out all plastic plugs and replaced with 1/4” oak dowel epoxied in with g flex. Proceeded to install QK inserts for tectons at -1 with very little overlap. Skis somehow now have 39 holes each!

Name:	IMG_0514.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	906.8 KB 
ID:	369183

Name:	IMG_0513.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	369184

swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Here is my most recent project: 2016 Bibbys. Came upon these with something like 4 mounts already on them. Drilled out all plastic plugs and replaced with 1/4” oak dowel epoxied in with g flex. Proceeded to install QK inserts for tectons at -1 with very little overlap. Skis somehow now have 39 holes each!

Name:	IMG_0514.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	906.8 KB 
ID:	369183

Name:	IMG_0513.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	369184

dope man, well done!!