Page 151 of 275 FirstFirst ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 6863
    Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Found some short screws and shaved the 4 middle ones for the heel plate since those seem specialized for the lock mechanism to slide underneath. Came out fine:

Attachment 325618

But, as I was adjusting the toe height on one of the bindings, I noticed that the adjusting screw had some play in it. I couldn't figure out why but the effect is that I couldn't close the gap between the pad of the boot toe and the pad of the binding toe, even after moving the binding toe as high as possible. Rather than just spaced enough for a piece of paper to be pulled out, there is maybe a mm of light. It's perfect on the other binding.

Is the kid going to die?
    Yes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Mounted two pairs of my fucking skis. Good stuff in this thread.

Finding center
    Attachment 324717

Marking
    Attachment 324718

Tapped out
    Attachment 324719
    Glued and screwed
    Attachment 324721

Testing
    Attachment 324720

Voila
    Attachment 324722

Attachment 324723
    I hope there’s liquor in that fruity looking beverage of yours otherwise your mount is all fucked up

lotsa vodka.. love my vodka grapefruits.

Got bored today working. So I said fuck it and spent some time mounting my buddies skis.

Thanks for the Shift mount beta.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95730479_2885595264850419_4879197240414961664_n.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	327570

Mounted my Bent Chetler 120s with inserts for Wardens and Zeds, both at -3cm from recommended. Not sure how much I'll end up skiing these in the resort, but it was a fun little project (first time mounting with inserts).

Name:	IMG_3856.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	331058

Can confirm that mounting metal skis with a jigarex still sucks.

Anyone have a Salomon STH2 jig I can buy?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Can confirm that mounting metal skis with a jigarex still sucks.

Anyone have a Salomon STH2 jig I can buy?
    What's bad about it, out of curiosity? I've never used a jigarex for anything.

The jigarex doesn’t clamp on to the ski very hard and also comes loose easily with pressure and vibration. Even with quick clamps holding the plates and jig to the ski it still moves(I always use these).

Never a problem with wood core skis and works great, but every time I mount a metal ski it’s a gamble and I have to be really careful and precise.

The jigarex doesn’t clamp on to the ski very hard and also comes loose easily with pressure and vibration. Even with quick clamps holding the plates and jig to the ski it still moves(I always use these).

Never a problem with wood core skis and works great, but every time I mount a metal ski it’s a gamble and I have to be really careful and precise.
    How good is your 4.1 metal bit? If it's sharp you should not need to apply any more pressure than with a 3.6 on wood skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    How good is your 4.1 metal bit? If it's sharp you should not need to apply any more pressure than with a 3.6 on wood skis.
    Almost new SVST stepped bit(maybe 3 pairs mounted with it), but I guess I’ll order another new one and see if it makes a difference next time.

Almost new SVST stepped bit(maybe 3 pairs mounted with it), but I guess I’ll order another new one and see if it makes a difference next time.
    One thing I started doing with my Jrex is opening and closing the clamps several times before I really lock it down. Sometimes it feels like the gears stick a bit (since new) and I get a better grip on the ski that way. I also hold the jig to the ski while I drill just in case. Haven't had any misques yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

I clamp the jigarex using quick clamps like in the photo below.
    I also place squares made from excess skin material under the edges of the jigarex so it doesnt bob up and down like it does on some skis depending on the profile/core thickness.

Name:	D7FD5466-2097-4364-B249-686A183AC212.jpeg 
Views:	94 
Size:	328.5 KB 
ID:	331134

I clamp the jigarex using quick clamps like in the photo below.
    I also place squares made from excess skin material under the edges of the jigarex so it doesnt bob up and down like it does on some skis depending on the profile/core thickness.

Name:	D7FD5466-2097-4364-B249-686A183AC212.jpeg 
Views:	94 
Size:	328.5 KB 
ID:	331134
    Good tip on the skins. I've had good success with the jigga using this method. Set up the jigga (get feet close/slightly on sidewalls, then tighten down nobs, then tighten handles to grab ski) then lightly running the drill through all the holes leaving small dimples. Then take jigga off and measure all dimples to make sure correct. Put jigga back on and drill 1 hole in the front and insert old drill bit through jigga into hole. Then do the same for one hole in back. Now jigga locked in place and look through holes before drilling to confirm still over dimple. Has worked really well.

I use a similar method, but just use a centerhole punch to make dimples instead of drilling. Punch, take the jigga off and measure, use the center punch to recenter jigg, then drill, but still when metal is involved it sometimes doesnt go well. I’ll give the tightening method a try

Print a template on to a transparent sheet and forget all this unreliable shit. More of you guys complain about the jigarex than it's worth.

And drink some fuckin beers out there while you work. Jeebus

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Print a template on to a transparent sheet and forget all this unreliable shit. More of you guys complain about the jigarex than it's worth.

And drink some fuckin beers out there while you work. Jeebus
    Transparent sheet sounds like a lot of work. Paper + 6 pack O’hops for sure does the job

I cant drill straight

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Transparent sheet sounds like a lot of work. Paper + 6 pack O’hops for sure does the job
    Tried using some old Plexiglass. Drilled & Tapped crooked as shit. Next time I'll drink after the job is done.

I just use the binding as a guide cuz its always accurate
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I just put the JigaRex on the ski, use this centerpunch to punch holes, remove the JigaRex, and drill the rest by hand for standard mounts or inserts. When I'm anal, over-tired, or over-stoned, I'll use a small bit to increase the center-punched hole before using the 3.5/4.1 bit.

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    I just put the JigaRex on the ski, use this centerpunch to punch holes, remove the JigaRex, and drill the rest by hand for standard mounts or inserts. When I'm anal, over-tired, or over-stoned, I'll use a small bit to increase the center-punched hole before using the 3.5/4.1 bit.
    Same process here, though I use calipers to check dimple measurements before drilling (they have always been good, within .5mm of perfect), and have a cheap drill press so no worries about being crooked.

I’ve never done inserts though so there is a little more wiggle room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant drill straight
    That’s what she said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh still annoyed at that mount.

I obviously shouldn’t care that the heel piece is slightly of center, about 3mm. Right?

If i'm going down a mount size (10mm or less) and remounting an Attack pattern with Pivots, am I going to have issues? I'd like to start swapping my attacks out, but I'm also going to down a few mm in boot size.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    If i'm going down a mount size (10mm or less) and remounting an Attack pattern with Pivots, am I going to have issues? I'd like to start swapping my attacks out, but I'm also going to down a few mm in boot size.
    The rear toe locations will be very close so you'll have to move the Pivot mount back a tad:

Name:	Pivot v Attack mount .jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	396.1 KB 
ID:	331940