Page 147 of 275 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 6863
    Those look $$$$$!
    Is it the edge that makes the chine @ the spooned parts?
    Last edited by tuco; 03-24-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Those look awesome.

Just looked through their website, and the Togga has me all hot and bothered. What was the order process like to get them stateside?

Awesome Suprechicken! What peaked your interest in picking those up? Excited to here what you thibk as you’ve been on a lot of good skis over the years.

Anyone know what size screw i need for the front two holes of a pivot 18 heel?

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Those look awesome.

Just looked through their website, and the Togga has me all hot and bothered. What was the order process like to get them stateside?
    Super easy. Order via PayPal on their website. Shipping was about $43 US, I think. 350 kr. I was out the door for $507 shipped after the PayPal reach around for a foreign currency.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

So like many of you i use bamboo skewers from the grocery store to plug old holes. The vertical grain makes it very difficult to cut these to length with a razor. Chopsaw turns them into ballistic missles so today i came up with an idea that worked reasonably well. Way upstream somebody posted that they chuck the skewers into a cordless drill and rotate them on sand paper to get a good fit. Well i applied this technique to cutting them to length with a razor and it worked. Your results may vary. Be careful.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Awesome Suprechicken! What peaked your interest in picking those up? Excited to here what you thibk as you’ve been on a lot of good skis over the years.
    Short answer - it looks like a bamboo/poplar, heavier bent chetler. I love that ski and I ski in the PNW.

More nerdery:

The hulled tips on the bentchetler are pretty dope. I don’t know if they make a huge difference, but I think there is something to them. I also like the progressive mount of that ski way more than I thought I would.

That said, the bent chetler is just not a billy goat or a cease and desist. Especially not in wet PNW snow. Part of it is weight - It’s not heavy enough. Part of it is the lack of RES - there’s just nothing quite like RES in the tip.

Looking at the on paper design - i would call the size it/dims it a blend between the GPO and protest:
    GPO - 140-116-128
    Protest - 139-128-132
    Urrakkar - 140-124 -136

So a more switch friendly, progressively mounted praxis big mtn/pow ride. With a bamboo core.

Rocker length looks a little longer in the tip than a billy goat - call it 48 cm.

Tail rocker is similar the the bent chetler.

So I’m guessing (hoping) it’s as easy to throw around as the bent and somewhat more stable is chop and variable snow. I’m looking for the bent/billy goat love child with a cease and desist size waist.

If I have any hope of landing switch it PNW pow, this is probably it.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

well - dammit. Now you really made me want a pair.

Somewhat surprising to see SGN on TGR. Hugely popular over here, but never quite piqued my interest. The profile on those does look nice though, I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    So like many of you i use bamboo skewers from the grocery store to plug old holes. The vertical grain makes it very difficult to cut these to length with a razor. Chopsaw turns them into ballistic missles so today i came up with an idea that worked reasonably well. Way upstream somebody posted that they chuck the skewers into a cordless drill and rotate them on sand paper to get a good fit. Well i applied this technique to cutting them to length with a razor and it worked. Your results may vary. Be careful.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    Smart idea; I use a dremel over a small cardboard box to catch them as they fly off, but its a bit of a pain. Will try your trick soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just hold a utility blade with one hand, while using the other to hold your skewer to the bench, roll the blade edge back and forth on the skewer with moderate pressure. Cuts them easily, and they don't go flying. You guys are making this shit complicated. Drink more beers before you mount. You're making my head hurt.

Anyone know what size screw i need for the front two holes of a pivot 18 heel?
    12mm PanHead. (Measured from bottom of head)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1245.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	322481

I Epoxy in the bamboo skewers and cut them flush with a razor knife or chisel the next day

then I color the end of the sqewer with a sharpie that is close to the right color and spread a little more epoxy on the end to water proof the hole & camouflage it a little

this is just something to fill the hole i personaly wouldnt try to mount a screw into a bamboo sqewer or any piece of dowel but I'm sure some folks will
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    12mm PanHead. (Measured from bottom of head)
    Sweet, do you know how I can get them?

https://www.slidewright.com/kuu-pan-...-pdz2-bits.php Note that the panhead of these screws might be a bit smaller than stock screws that came with your bindings. I addressed that with a very thin tight-fitting washer.

An alternative is to use a stainless steel #12 sheet metal screw, grind off the point (and grind to length if necessary). #12 screw thread is a wee bit coarser than typical ABS but IME they work fine in a hole tapped with a ABS tap. Some may note that SS (typically 316 or 18-8) sheet metal screw material is not as strong as an ABS, which is likely true, but I have used them on many mounts with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    https://www.slidewright.com/kuu-pan-...-pdz2-bits.php Note that the panhead of these screws might be a bit smaller than stock screws that came with your bindings. I addressed that with a very thin tight-fitting washer.

An alternative is to use a stainless steel #12 sheet metal screw, grind off the point (and grind to length if necessary). #12 screw thread is a wee bit coarser than typical ABS but IME they work fine in a hole tapped with a ABS tap. Some may note that SS (typically 316 or 18-8) sheet metal screw material is not as strong as an ABS, which is likely true, but I have used them on many mounts with no problems.
    Already tried the screws from slidewright and they are too small both in head diameter and thread diameter. Anyone know the part code for Look? Maybe I can get a shop to order me a full bag

Already tried the screws from slidewright and they are too small both in head diameter and thread diameter. Anyone know the part code for Look? Maybe I can get a shop to order me a full bag
    Or maybe said shop has parts bin. I know we did.

Part Numbers are below, 50 screws per bag from Rossi/Look.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 12.55.50.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	464.2 KB 
ID:	322520
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 13.15.04.png
Views: 693
Size:  47.0 KB

You're welcome, and I'll take 12 screws from your bag of 50. Thanks.

I recently asked my local shop to order 2 sets of FKS screws, toes and heels. ~$12.50 per set. They arrived at the shop a few days ago but I'm going to wait to pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Part Numbers are below, 50 screws per bag from Rossi/Look.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 12.55.50.jpg 
Size:	464.2 KB 
ID:	322520
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 13.15.04.png
Views: 693
Size:  47.0 KB

You're welcome, and I'll take 12 screws from your bag of 50. Thanks.
    Hallelujah I’ll hook you up!

Mounted up some skis for the GF

Name:  IMG_20200329_182530.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  272.0 KB

Has anyone used a boot toe mark to mount bindings? Do I use the actual boot toe, or the flange(?) part in front?

I have an older ski and the boot toe is the only reference point.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Has anyone used a boot toe mark to mount bindings? Do I use the actual boot toe, or the flange(?) part in front?

I have an older ski and the boot toe is the only reference point.
    I answered in the other thread you asked this. It's a BSL(boot SOLE length) measurement, so use the tip of the sole.
    You mounting old Volkls?

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I answered in the other thread you asked this. It's a BSL(boot SOLE length) measurement, so use the tip of the sole.
    I deleted that, because I posted it in the wrong thread, and I didn't understand your answer. Until now, after you said the same thing twice. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    You mounting old Volkls?
    Mounted a pair of 2001-2002 200cm Igneous Fall Line F, 240 flex. Got a boot toe number from Igneous, and a recommendation to move the mount point forward up to an inch. Now that I know what part of the boot to measure from, they're mounted 1 inch forward from the original suggested mount location.

Bought the skis on craigslist from someone in SLC, free stickers included. skifishbum facilitated the transaction and shipped to me.

Name:	13B75386-4824-423C-AA87-BC5560026D55_1_201_a.jpg 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	322939
    Last edited by skuff; 03-30-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    I deleted that, because I posted it in the wrong thread, and I didn't understand your answer. Until now, after you said the same thing twice. Thank you.

Mounted a pair of 2001-2002 200cm Igneous Fall Line F, 240 flex. Got a boot toe number from Igneous, and a recommendation to move the mount point forward up to an inch. Now that I know what part of the boot to measure from, they're mounted 1 inch forward from the original suggested mount location.

Bought the skis on craigslist from someone in SLC, free stickers included. skifishbum facilitated the transaction and shipped to me.

Name:	13B75386-4824-423C-AA87-BC5560026D55_1_201_a.jpg 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	322939
    Right on!
    Those are serious planks!
    Yeah Dibs is a great dude!