Page 120 of 274 FirstFirst ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 6833
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    slidewright centering sticker for the win!

(i also have a imperial dim centering ruler that works well too)

Attachment 303398
    I have been scratching my head on why this isn’t the answer. I have had great luck w this “tool”
    Uno mas

Did the damn thing, mounted my first fucking Look bindings ever on my first-ever pair of fucking Dynastars!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191124_205233.jpeg 
Views:	240 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	303636

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    Did the damn thing, mounted my first fucking Look bindings ever on my first-ever pair of fucking Dynastars!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191124_205233.jpeg 
Views:	240 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	303636
    Nice dood. Totally dig my x106.

I had the same problem w aatack 13’s dimpling the heel. Came w screws to long, Tyrolia replaced the screws...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Forzas are the new 30

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Nice dood. Totally dig my x106.
    Your review certainly helped me pull the trigger, thanks

Can anyone confirm if the Radical 2 template from Knut Pohl is actually OK to use? Says "Not yet verified - use with caution" on the template itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the Radical 2 template from Knut Pohl is actually OK to use? Says "Not yet verified - use with caution" on the template itself.
    Worked for me

Prsboogie. Your jigarex might have moved a bit during drilling. Has happened to me....

True. I use a couple spring clamps after setting it to keep it in place

Has anyone actually had bindings rip out because of too many previous mounts? I'm on my 3rd mount and had to put 2 holes for the heel that were touching previous holes and wondering how big of a concern this is. Holes were filled with dowels and 24-hour epoxy.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Has anyone actually had bindings rip out because of too many previous mounts? I'm on my 3rd mount and had to put 2 holes for the heel that were touching previous holes and wondering how big of a concern this is. Holes were filled with dowels and 24-hour epoxy.
    I’ve had overlapping holes on multiple pairs, repaired the same way, with no issues over many days on the hill.

Has anyone actually had bindings rip out because of too many previous mounts?
    I've seen it on mounts performed by others, including a couple dumbfounding remounts with screws touching or nearly touching holes from prior mounts. None on mounts I've performed, although I'm careful to stay >1 cm away from existing holes.

I seen it, Bruce a 280lb wildman had a kamikaze style, put wedges under his binding into a Foam core whitestar so the 2nd set of screw holes were in effect elongated cuz the screws were right side by each, banging down moguls and the ski breaks in half, there was still a layer of glass or something holding the pieces together so I folded the ski up and skied down with it over my shoulder to the saloon where Bruce spent the afternoon, we smoked some doobies Bruce gave me his walkman went back to the bar, when I turned it on a voice said " you are all going to die " which was pretty freaky

YMMV but IMO Its all a matter of best practices and mine are that I keep 1/2 an inch between the holes, not depend on wood dowels, mount with 24hr epoxy and ski without a walkman
    Last edited by XXX-er; 11-25-2019 at 07:43 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Worked for me
    Great, thanks. Mounting a pair of Lotus Alchemists for my buddy later this week, and I would rather not mess up on those expensive fu--ers.

I've never ripped out of my own mounts. But I've repaired other people's rip-outs, so it happens.

How big of a concern it is depends on how many cascading risk factors you have in your case. So many factors. For one, if you're a toddler, then you're fine---if you're Shaq, then maybe not fine. Etc etc etc etc etc etc. So many "et ceteras" that can add up, or not.

"3rd mount" is NOT a concern to me, unless any of those mounts were "carelessly done".

"2 holes for the heel that were touching previous holes" is INDEED a concern, depending on other risk factors. Is this a tight screw pattern (e.g. FKS heel)? Is it a metal topsheet? Did you assess what happened to that hole on a preliminary "dry run" of inserting the screw/self-tapping WITHOUT binding first? Etc etc etc.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    I've never ripped out of my own mounts. But I've repaired other people's rip-outs, so it happens.

How big of a concern it is depends on how many cascading risk factors you have in your case. So many factors. For one, if you're a toddler, then you're fine---if you're Shaq, then maybe not fine. Etc etc etc etc etc etc. So many "et ceteras" that can add up, or not.

"3rd mount" is NOT a concern to me, unless any of those mounts were "carelessly done".

"2 holes for the heel that were touching previous holes" is INDEED a concern, depending on other risk factors. Is this a tight screw pattern (e.g. FKS heel)? Is it a metal topsheet? Did you assess what happened to that hole on a preliminary "dry run" of inserting the screw/self-tapping WITHOUT binding first? Etc etc etc.

I'm 6'3 200 lbs. The first mount was filled by a shop with plastic plugs. The second mount I filled with dowels and 24-hour epoxy. The holes I am touching are the dowel holes. The bindings mounted are Shifts and they're mounted to Rocker 2 108s (no metal). When I did tighten the screws down, they felt tight, no spinners. The holes were barely touching, maybe 10% touching, but definitely not the 1 cm gap most people recommend.

I’ve mounted that close with the same setup, hardwood dowels and epoxy, and have been fine. YMMV, but I’d say you’ll be aight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 6'3 200 lbs. The first mount was filled by a shop with plastic plugs. The second mount I filled with dowels and 24-hour epoxy. The holes I am touching are the dowel holes. The bindings mounted are Shifts and they're mounted to Rocker 2 108s (no metal). When I did tighten the screws down, they felt tight, no spinners. The holes were barely touching, maybe 10% touching, but definitely not the 1 cm gap most people recommend.
    10% touching does not meet my personal standards, but you might be good to go anyway...hard to know if the holes got damaged when you inserted screws. As I wrote before, a "dry run" beforehand would have given you a chance to see if your technique results in immediately damaged holes.

My personal risk tolerance is I would guinea pig the hell out of it before I would ever let any friends borrow it. And I'd start off by skiing them in a low consequence situation (inbounds), and incrementally increase the consequences until I gained full confidence. Definitely likely that you might never have any sign of any trouble at all.

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I mounted Jester Demos on 4 old ski models for borrowing in Squaw/Tahoe (plus some visits to Mammoth).
    - Elan Boomerang 190cm 2012
    - Line Mr. Pollard's Opus 192cm 2013
    - Volkl Mantra 191cm 2015
    - swiss-cheesed Armada Bubba 188cm 2013
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boomerang.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	303725

Name:	Opus.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	872.0 KB 
ID:	303726

Name:	Mantra2015.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	645.1 KB 
ID:	303727

Name:	Bubba.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	303728

On the Tyrolia Attacks not screwing down flush to the ski, the problem is due to Tyrolia not drilling the rear two holes in the heel assembly large enough. The screws index into the heel piece like it were threaded, and "snug down" before pulling the binding plate flush onto the ski. Pull the heel tower off the plate, drill the holes out just enough that the threads no longer catch in the hole, reassemble, and that sumbitch will tighten flush to the ski just fine. I've mentioned this to my local Tyrolia rep and he agrees that it's an issue, but they're unwilling to fix it because then the screws will fall out of the binding in the box. It's dumb as fuck, but at least it's easy to fix.

Same goes for some older Dynafits in my experience. If the screw can't freely rotate in the binding, it might not want to suck down onto the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    10% touching does not meet my personal standards, but you might be good to go anyway...hard to know if the holes got damaged when you inserted screws. As I wrote before, a "dry run" beforehand would have given you a chance to see if your technique results in immediately damaged holes.

My personal risk tolerance is I would guinea pig the hell out of it before I would ever let any friends borrow it. And I'd start off by skiing them in a low consequence situation (inbounds), and incrementally increase the consequences until I gained full confidence. Definitely likely that you might never have any sign of any trouble at all.

What do you mean the holes got damaged? These are new holes.

Also could you elaborate more on what you mean by "dry run"?

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    True. I use a couple spring clamps after setting it to keep it in place

Thanks, it can't hurt. Waiting on new brakes to finish my mount (L9 sent the wrong ones 🤦🏻♂️) and see what happens.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    On the Tyrolia Attacks not screwing down flush to the ski, the problem is due to Tyrolia not drilling the rear two holes in the heel assembly large enough. The screws index into the heel piece like it were threaded, and "snug down" before pulling the binding plate flush onto the ski. Pull the heel tower off the plate, drill the holes out just enough that the threads no longer catch in the hole, reassemble, and that sumbitch will tighten flush to the ski just fine. I've mentioned this to my local Tyrolia rep and he agrees that it's an issue, but they're unwilling to fix it because then the screws will fall out of the binding in the box. It's dumb as fuck, but at least it's easy to fix.

Same goes for some older Dynafits in my experience. If the screw can't freely rotate in the binding, it might not want to suck down onto the ski.
    Awesome thanks and yes that is a shit answer

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Screws remain too long though