Page 106 of 275 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 6863
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post

Edit: the main disadvantage to leaving the bindings on while the epoxy cures is the binding might end up epoxied to the topsheet. This usually isn't a big deal; you should be able to pry the binding off after taking the screws out without damaging the ski. What is really bad is if you get epoxy on the insert-machine screw thread interface; when you try to take out the screw you end up taking out the insert, too. Don't use too much epoxy!
    drop of GFlex in each hole,
    That was my train of thought. Takeaway: one fucking drop of GFlex, don’t fill er up

Quote Originally Posted by beasttowest View Post
    That was my train of thought. Takeaway: one fucking drop of GFlex, don’t fill er up
    Right

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BF93765E-FBC0-4FCF-BAD2-D257E7CB80AB.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	378.2 KB 
ID:	264873

Hopefully mounting the crud busting chargers will bring soft and light conditions back. If not, I’m set either way.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

Hopefully mounting the crud busting chargers will bring soft and light conditions back. If not, I’m set either way.
    Holy shit I am so envious and want a pair of these back in my quiver BIG time... Congrats...!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

woof

For those that pm’d me about the above skis, yes they are happening, I don’t know specifics yet but patience will be rewarded.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

No, leave the bindings on there. The idea here is for the binding to hold all the screws/inserts at the proper angle in the threads. If your insert can wobble a bit in the ski, and you let the epoxy cure without the binding screwed in, you might end up with an insert out of alignment. No way to correct this once the epoxy is cured.

I'm sure lots of people don't bother with this step.
    They should! The margin for error inherent in hardware tools is sufficient to eff things up. perfect execution can still lead to being off slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by beasttowest View Post
    great job dude. sounds like you're well on your way. I use a syringe to fill from the bottom of the hole so it doesnt get everywhere (in theory. still does).

toddball steered you true. No need to install dowels if you will be putting the inserts in the original binding holes. Remove pozi screws, break out the giant BF drill bit, use to widen the original holes, tap, GFlex, install inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    woof
    seriously

Finally fucking mounted these fuckers

The plastic template that came with the bindings is awesome. It has a centering ruler each end. Simple to line up the BSL, center each end on the ski, tape it, center punch the correct holes.

Used my cheap drill press, drilled a 1/16" dia hole through the top sheet, then switched to the Wintersteiger shouldered bit I found at the local specialty hardware store (McGuckin's in Boulder, they have a few drawers of different size binding bits). I already had one buried somewhere and thought since I was in Boulder $20 versus a 2 hr search was worth it.

Didn't take pics of the drilling, use your imagination. Elmer's wood glue in the holes. Pozidrive bit, tighten to taste. Adjust DIN, adjust toe height. Ready to rock.

These are Tyrolia Adrenalins that have a touring feature on Icelantic Nomad 105 Lites with the very cool 10th Mountain Division graphics. Tits and ass to Ullr...bring it.

Name:	IMG_3485.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	264885

Name:	IMG_3487.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	264886

Name:	IMG_3491.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	264887

Name:	IMG_3493.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	264884

I think I just popped a wood LS... Turned a shitty/stressful week into a better one... Thank you sir...!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Deadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Score! Must try sometime- bsl brother

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Score! Must try sometime- bsl brother
    anytime!

Mounted these bad boys tonight.
    Custom 192 ProTest, enduro core, flex 4. Mounted back 2cm from the dot. Used my 188’s as a mount point reference since I love them where they are mounted.

Name:	IMG_3880.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	858.5 KB 
ID:	264944

Fake news! No bench, drill or beer
    Beautiful skis! Love the simple veneer topsheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    Fake news! No bench, drill or beer
    Beautiful skis! Love the simple veneer topsheets.
    Hah! My bench is such a mess right now it’s embarrassing. Multiple projects going at once.
    Putting inserts in GPO‘s tomorrow night. I’ll take bench pictures tomorrow.

Look at these purdy thangs.

Now I need to go get some orange gear.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Look at these purdy thangs.

Now I need to go get some orange gear.
    damn. fly. orange never looked so good.

That time of year again. Took off the kingpins and mounted some shifts. Now i can beat on these alittle in the resort as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lCLQK3UcT0e%AywZuA7HAg.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	265074  

Attempting to mount my first pair of skis right now: 2018 182 Moment PB&Js, used with one previous mount. Read this entire thread over last week and have been searching through it for last 60 mins trying to avoid posting. I’m overthinking this so thanks in advance to anyone willing to read this...

Skis arrived in mail flat with old holes unfilled.

Qs I have:
    1. Should I be concerned about moisture damage? Any evidence to look for? Or just shut up and fill them with GFlex?
    2. Can/should I do anything about volcanoes prior to new mount or too late because they needed heat gun back when it happened?

No dimple or centerline visible on either ski. Did four tape pulls to find center of ski. Check. But the white triangles on edges (see pic) are making me a bit nervous.

3. “the line” is always always halfway between between tail & tips, right?

Shotgunning beers awaiting replies

Name:	IMG_2329.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	254.7 KB 
ID:	265085

1. Don't worry about moisture damage, just fill the holes.
    2. I use a plastic scraper and a countersinking bit to clean up old holes.
    3. The reccomended line for pb&js is not true center, which is the point in between tips and tails. Search through the moment thread for details about their mount point, but you should be at least 3cm back from center if you're not a 100% park skier.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Half way from tip to tail is true center.
    Recommended mount from moment may be a few cm back (big mountain on side?).
    Depending on the camber/early rise/etc of the ski the mount could be anywhere in relation to true center. It seems like most of the time the boot center recommended mount is @ center of camber (if they have any) not true center, or slightly behind center of camber profile for more traditional mount.
    The mountains maaaay be recommended mount from factory. Not sure since I haven't skied moments in a long time.
    I'd guess they are but I'm sure you could find that info online.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That big triangle on the sidewall is the recommended mount point. put skis side by side and confirm by measurement from tail to line. use the small triangles fore or aft depending on preference. For example on the 2018 bibby tours above the large triangle is approx 6cm back from true center. Good to double check. i mounted 1 small triangle back from there out of preference.

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Teenaged View Post
    1. Don't worry about moisture damage, just fill the holes.
    2. I use a plastic scraper and a countersinking bit to clean up old holes.
    3. The reccomended line for pb&js is not true center, which is the point in between tips and tails. Search through the moment thread for details about their mount point, but you should be at least 3cm back from center if you're not a 100% park skier.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Half way from tip to tail is true center.
    Recommended mount from moment may be a few cm back (big mountain on side?).
    Depending on the camber/early rise/etc of the ski the mount could be anywhere in relation to true center. It seems like most of the time the boot center recommended mount is @ center of camber (if they have any) not true center, or slightly behind center of camber profile for more traditional mount.
    The mountains maaaay be recommended mount from factory. Not sure since I haven't skied moments in a long time.
    I'd guess they are but I'm sure you could find that info online.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thanks, guys. I emailed Moment and then started searching the moment thread here. They’re awesome and replied within 10 mins. It’s the mountains.

PSA:
    When using nail polish remover, read the content label first. Was wondering what the residue on my gloves was. Fucking avacado oil🙄

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    wore out one pair after a good 200+ days so i remount a new with added stompability paddings

the furkid gots some serious time at the mount bench for his age
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno