Page 89 of 275 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 6863
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Anyone in the Front Range who can recommend a shop to test non-indemnified binders? Seems like 957 Equipes in such good nick could probably still be skiable. Picked these up today for $15 and thinking I may re-use the binders on some early season skis. Of course, I'll be doing the mounting myself.

Attachment 250999
    Click your boot in and kick the toe out. If they pop out, you're good to go.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    That's the plan. Going to screw them into some sollyfit plates tonight, kick them out (hopefully) and then mount them up for some skiing this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    Gotta also make sure you can pop your heels up.. Start with recommended settings. Twist each toe out left, then right, then pop up each heel.. If you can do that without hurting yourself, they're working.. If it's super easy, crank them down another half click and repeat..

FWIW, a "good" shop will work on them, but just FAIL them under the visual section. They'll mount them and check the release then tell you they failed visual inspection.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Mounted some WROD slayers for tomorrow. See ya'll at Luv.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E6uKte6.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	251770

Name:	wKW3SSz.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	251771

Name:	OjMY2QC.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1,022.8 KB 
ID:	251773

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Mounted some WROD slayers for tomorrow. See ya'll at Luv.

Name:	E6uKte6.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	251770

Name:	wKW3SSz.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	251771

Name:	OjMY2QC.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1,022.8 KB 
ID:	251773
    Sexy, enjoy!

Name:	FB_IMG_1540079169881.jpeg 
Views:	121 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	251782

Prolly already discussed here somewhere but I couldn’t find it... going to move a mount up a cm or a cm 1/2, what’s the best way to protect the old holes in case I decide I want to go back???

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Inserts

Thanks, this was my first consideration for sure but I really don’t want to widen holes and add metal where I don’t think I want a mount. Was hoping for someone’s exp with something like retapping a silicone filler if that would confidently seal the core for the short term? It’s not a huge deal as I’m a solid 80% I want to move em up, I just don’t want to kill the option before I try.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bunch of ways to do this. Silicone - though it can be a pain to get out. Ptex works ok. Hot glue gun can work well - just melt it out if you want to reuse holes. But the best and easiest is probably a plastic binding hole plug. If you want to reuse hole, drill a thin pilot hole in the plug, screw a 1 1/4” Sheetrock screw in a few threads, and then pull it out with a claw hammer and the plug should pop right out with it - put a 1x board under the hammer for better leverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Bunch of ways to do this. Silicone - though it can be a pain to get out. Ptex works ok. Hot glue gun can work well - just melt it out if you want to reuse holes. But the best and easiest is probably a plastic binding hole plug. If you want to reuse hole, drill a thin pilot hole in the plug, screw a 1 1/4” Sheetrock screw in a few threads, and then pull it out with a claw hammer and the plug should pop right out with it - put a 1x board under the hammer for better leverage.

This, use a plastic plug, you want to seal the old hole anyway to prevent moisture infiltration.

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

Word, thanks guys!! Never thought about pulling a plug, I definitely try that option

Wouldn’t the threads of the plugged hole be a bit shot compromising the integrity of the hole? Honest question. Not posting from experience.
    Uno mas

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    not mine
    not the easiest toe to install solo
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Wouldn’t the threads of the plugged hole be a bit shot compromising the integrity of the hole? Honest question. Not posting from experience.
    Not IME. Threads are usually good to go

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    This, use a plastic plug, you want to seal the old hole anyway to prevent moisture infiltration.
    On that note, you should use the same glue to seal plastic hole plug as you would a binding screw

I do but assume Plug extraction a bitch if dropped in coated w wood glue or a marine epoxy
    I’ve flailed trying to extract in the past and assumed this was the culprit. Screwed w some plastic left behind. Filler I assumed???
    Uno mas

I just drill out the plug with the appropriate mounting bit for the ski. Any loose plastic usually pops right out. Sometimes the plug will lose its bond towards the bottom and just spin the plug out. Anything left behind I just leave in there before carefully mounting the replacement bindings by hand.

Never use a drill to install binding screws.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Never use a drill to install binding screws.
    +1

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    so youre tellin me ive done it wrong some thousands times now
    good to know
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Pro techs can do as they please

I wouldn’t know

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I do but assume Plug extraction a bitch if dropped in coated w wood glue or a marine epoxy
    I’ve flailed trying to extract in the past and assumed this was the culprit. Screwed w some plastic left behind. Filler I assumed???
    Getting that hole sealed is priority 1. Don't worry about extraction. Just drill the bitch out and proceed as normal.

SFB can do what he wants.

I prefer to not risk spinners with the pull of a trigger.

Well, screw guns do have clutches

Why wouldn't an adjustable clutch drill avoid the deadly over-drill spinner?

edit: what Tuco sed

Not only that, but I find it easier to control proper downward force. I'll usually do the last half to quarter turn by hand (that's what she said).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk