Page 196 of 275 FirstFirst ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 6863
    I used wine and indica. Seemed to work.

I finally got up the courage to try mounting some bindings from an old pair of skis I was done with onto some $20 garage sale K2s. I’m happy with the Mount but I was hoping the skis would feel more like my 80s era 812s.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22656EE2-464A-48BD-9CB5-23783788FF15.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	637.5 KB 
ID:	369798

I read through this thread before I did anything and it was helpful. The old skis let my boots click in so I used those holes to make a paper template.

Name:	58177CFA-BB35-475A-8747-902F23BA452F.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	253.9 KB 
ID:	369799

Anyway, I can’t say for sure I did it all perfectly but they feel solid.

Name:	E986A5BB-1695-414C-8C3F-91238D52BBB0.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	732.0 KB 
ID:	369800

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I used wine and indica. Seemed to work.
    Different strokes. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Faceman's post above inspired me bit, so I mounted up two pairs that I had semi-retired. They are the 2nd and 3rd pair of skis that I bought after making the switch from snowboarding - Lib Tech Freeride Horsepower NAS 178 and POW Nas 181. (the first pair = 4FRNT CRJs, did not like them - completely my fault as I should not have bought them)

I pulled out the old plastic plugs and re-plugged all the old holes (no less than 26) with bomboo and epoxy. Not exactly 6 mm between the new front holes and the plugged ones, but I am not concerned - it'll be fine.

Name:	lt1.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	828.2 KB 
ID:	369824

Both are from the time when Mervin made bomber skis with some heft to them. Not like they are today where their resort offerings almost have the weight of heavy touring skis. Went with Pivots and partial Cast because why not eh. Might mount the ski brake holders / riser bars too - dunno, time will tell.

Name:	lt2.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	369825
    I still find the HPs to be somewhat mediocre, but where the tune is still mostly to blame, in spite of a retune yesterday. I will retune and detune the edges once more to see if I can get them to ski slightly better. They are mounted at -.5cm so -7.4cm or some such. The top sheet markings were both way off (yay Mervin), but had a chat with Mervin and finally mounted them according to where the recommended mounting point is one them (if slightly back).

The POWs are a shit ton of fun. I went back a cm - both because of overlap and wanting a bit more ski out front - and they skied awesomely there. It is kinda weird how a ski that is as stiff, heavy and with as little taper as these have can be so easy to ski. They slayed the spring slush I used them in today. I kinda wish that they would make these still, only with a bit taper and slightly longer sidecut.

Anybody have any experience with the Fischer(tyrolia or head) z17? I believe the process is to mount these is to screw the heal down the attach the toe with the center screw then screw the toe down. I’m more curious about the plate, I think it is the M/O plate, does this have predrilled holes like the piston plate or will I have to drill new holes?

These are on a pair of these years Fischer GS skis that I kind of inherited, the original owner hinted that these are too much ski for him and said I can use them indefinitely but might have to ask if drilling is required.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Line Mordecais remounted with SPXs. Moved from -1.5cm to -4.8cm. Little sketchy process but not too bad.

Question: used Titebond 3. Can I ski these tomorrow or do I need to let them dry more than 15 hours?

Attachment 369790
    Skied them with a few mags today and they didn't blow up. So that's good. Surface was very crisp so hard to tell if the mounting point dialed things but it seems to be working well moved back - still playful, still not a carver, but a little less out in front. Which is what I wanted.

Swiss cheese project

Previous mount was made with brass inserts and was subpar (vulcanos, protruding inserts) so I had to file them a bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210402_103027.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	974.0 KB 
ID:	370064   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210402_103035.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	991.3 KB 
ID:	370065  
    Last edited by aanev; 04-02-2021 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by troth View Post
    Anybody have any experience with the Fischer(tyrolia or head) z17? I believe the process is to mount these is to screw the heal down the attach the toe with the center screw then screw the toe down. I’m more curious about the plate, I think it is the M/O plate, does this have predrilled holes like the piston plate or will I have to drill new holes?

These are on a pair of these years Fischer GS skis that I kind of inherited, the original owner hinted that these are too much ski for him and said I can use them indefinitely but might have to ask if drilling is required.
    Plate should be predrilled. Heels first is correct.

Alright, so here's a quick question. Lots of talk below about epoxing over wood dowel filling old holes. I've been just smearing Titebond 3 over the top of the dowels to seal them a bit. Do we think that's enough or are my skis gonna explode?

Alright, so here's a quick question. Lots of talk below about epoxing over wood dowel filling old holes. I've been just smearing Titebond 3 over the top of the dowels to seal them a bit. Do we think that's enough or are my skis gonna explode?
    yer gunna die
    swing your fucking sword.

depends on ho much you wana geek out on it, I would use a felt marker to color the end of the dowel so I won't see it as much, then drip some epoxy over the end will be the best
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Plate should be predrilled. Heels first is correct.
    Thanks, was trying to decide if this was a 2 or 3 beer project

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    depends on ho much you wana geek out on it, I would use a felt marker to color the end of the dowel so I won't see it as much, then drip some epoxy over the end will be the best
    Huh. Well, I'd have to take the toe off to get to the wood dowels under it so I'm trying to decide if it's worth removal and reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by troth View Post
    Thanks, was trying to decide if this was a 2 or 3 beer project
    2 beers if you drink them in 5 minutes each.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    2 beers if you drink them in 5 minutes each.
    So, 4.

First Pivot mount. Not sure there’s ever been a more perfect ski/binding color combo.

Name:	IMG_0294.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	370216

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    First Pivot mount. Not sure there’s ever been a more perfect ski/binding color combo.

holy fkn beatiful
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post

10/10 absolutely stunning.

well done!!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

That is unbelievably good ^^^^^^

Outstanding.

Mounted another pair of my own fucking skis.

Been a while since I bought anything brand new and a while since I mounted a metal laminate ski.

Mounted with demos but I moved the heel 1cm forward so I can play with up to 3cm of movement in each direction with my 300mm bsl.

Stoked to try this out this week!

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Mounted another pair of my own fucking skis.

Been a while since I bought anything brand new and a while since I mounted a metal laminate ski.

Mounted with demos but I moved the heel 1cm forward so I can play with up to 3cm of movement in each direction with my 300mm bsl.

Stoked to try this out this week!

Looks great! What length did you get them in? Let us know what you think of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Looks great! What length did you get them in? Let us know what you think of them.

Attack2 demos.

My long term goal is as my touring ski so I want to play with the mount first, especially since their recommended mounted point is about 6cm further back than most of my other skis in my quiver.

I'll make a review thread when I have some time on them. My hope is that they are like the K108 that people are going on about, but lighter and more accessible for my old dad bod.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Attack2 demos.

My long term goal is as my touring ski so I want to play with the mount first, especially since their recommended mounted point is about 6cm further back than most of my other skis in my quiver.

I'll make a review thread when I have some time on them. My hope is that they are like the K108 that people are going on about, but lighter and more accessible for my old dad bod.

what length of ski though

I just got bmt109s that I'm gonna mount soon, I'm stoked

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    what length of ski though

I just got bmt109s that I'm gonna mount soon, I'm stoked

179cm

Sorry ... I've had a couple of drinks and thought you asked what I mounted with.