Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 146 147 148 149 150 151
Results 3,751 to 3,762 of 3762
    I'm trying to mount someone's Tyrolia Adrenalins for her kid. But I'm too stupid to understand wtf is happening with the paper template. Why are there two sets for the heel. I mean, obviously, one is for the entire heel unit and one is just for the rear 4-hole plate that's attached to the heel lever, but I don't see why I need two copies of that.

In any event, all the holes line up just fine, but I can't figure out the distance between the heel unit and the toe. It should be a single distance but the templates follow the more traditional alpine method where the distance varies depending on boot sole length. I'm sure I could trash more 2x4s and figure it out eventually, but can anyone save this jong some time and explain wtf my dense noggin is missing?

And there's some metal plate that appears to go under the rear 4-hole unit, probably to make it slide better?

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Walk away. The adrenalins are finicky and a stupid shop can really fuck up. Watch out if you use the supplied template, the creases can move the plates from where they should be. I would print a new template.

I mounted two pairs of these, in size small, a few months ago. I didn't use the template that is linked, but after looking at it I "think" I've got it.

If your bindings are size small, overlap the 2nd page over the 1st and align the left side (small) scale (matching the BSL values). Then overlay the 3rd page with the "Heel #1 pattern" on top of the 2nd page Heel #1 pattern. The "Adrenalin" text and 4 holes for Heel 1 should match up. "Heel #2" is the same distance from Heel #1 for small and large bindings. The distance from the toe to Heel 1, however, does change with small vs large binding size.

The metal plate does go under the 4-hole heel unit 1. There is a front/back and bottom/top.

I found the bindings a little finicky to install, but they have been great in the performance department. Up and down.

Not sure if this is helpful, but I ended up placing a boot in the binding and marking out the holes on a 2x4. Did a mount there and made sure it all worked correctly before moving to skis. Once I had the boot in the binding, and heel unit 2 lined up, it started to make a lot more sense.
    fun hater.

Thanks! I ended up measuring the spacing between the two sets of holes -- fwiw, for small bindings, the rear toe holes are 27.5 cm in front of the most forward holes on the heel unit, i.e., the front holes of the 4-hole plate. I then just marked boot center on the binding and measured from there.

For that 4-hole heel plate, I assume the ribbed side faces up. Is the narrow section positioned towards the toes and the wider section towards the back of the ski? That's what I'm assuming.

Next problem, these are 155 cm Faction Jr. skis (3.5 x 7.5 drill bit), so I'm going to have to shave about 1.5mm off each screw, find shorter ones, or dimple the bases. This kid has been saving his chore money for these puppies, so I'm going to try to avoid dimpling. With alpine bindings, you might be able to get away with regular screws, but these heel plates go way back on the skis and they're wafer thin back there.

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Thanks! I ended up measuring the spacing between the two sets of holes -- fwiw, for small bindings, the rear toe holes are 27.5 cm in front of the most forward holes on the heel unit, i.e., the front holes of the 4-hole plate. I then just marked boot center on the binding and measured from there.

For that 4-hole heel plate, I assume the ribbed side faces up. Is the narrow section positioned towards the toes and the wider section towards the back of the ski? That's what I'm assuming.

Next problem, these are 155 cm Faction Jr. skis (3.5 x 7.5 drill bit), so I'm going to have to shave about 1.5mm off each screw, find shorter ones, or dimple the bases. This kid has been saving his chore money for these puppies, so I'm going to try to avoid dimpling. With alpine bindings, you might be able to get away with regular screws, but these heel plates go way back on the skis and they're wafer thin back there.
    Nice.

Yep - for the plate - ribbed side up and the short tails of the "H" facing tip. Just as you described. I messed that part up on the first binding, but the holes are evenly spaced on that heel unit. I just backed the screws out, flipped the plate, and drove the screws back in.

I'm not sure it matters too much for the plate facing front/back, but the ribbed side up definitely works smoother. There's still a good bit of friction - I have a real hard time switching to tour mode without a ski pole or long screwdriver for leverage. I wouldn't want it any looser, though. As-is, the binding feels solid and secure.
    fun hater.

^^^^and those bindings are suuuuper long. My wife's skis are 156, and things were getting pretty thin back there. No dimpling, but dang...
    fun hater.

Thanks again.

And yeah, there's very little girth left in the rear of the Jr. skis for the heel pieces. I'm going to shave down the screws. They are already pretty short and they recommend drilling 7mm deep on the heel for adult skis, so it may not go well on the standard length screws.

Found some short screws and shaved the 4 middle ones for the heel plate since those seem specialized for the lock mechanism to slide underneath. Came out fine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-6389.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	325618

But, as I was adjusting the toe height on one of the bindings, I noticed that the adjusting screw had some play in it. I couldn't figure out why but the effect is that I couldn't close the gap between the pad of the boot toe and the pad of the binding toe, even after moving the binding toe as high as possible. Rather than just spaced enough for a piece of paper to be pulled out, there is maybe a mm of light. It's perfect on the other binding.

Is the kid going to die?

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Found some short screws and shaved the 4 middle ones for the heel plate since those seem specialized for the lock mechanism to slide underneath. Came out fine:

Name:	IMG-6389.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	325618

But, as I was adjusting the toe height on one of the bindings, I noticed that the adjusting screw had some play in it. I couldn't figure out why but the effect is that I couldn't close the gap between the pad of the boot toe and the pad of the binding toe, even after moving the binding toe as high as possible. Rather than just spaced enough for a piece of paper to be pulled out, there is maybe a mm of light. It's perfect on the other binding.

Is the kid going to die?
    Yes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Mounted two pairs of my fucking skis. Good stuff in this thread.

Finding center
    Attachment 324717

Marking
    Attachment 324718

Tapped out
    Attachment 324719
    Glued and screwed
    Attachment 324721

Testing
    Attachment 324720

Voila
    Attachment 324722

Attachment 324723
    I hope there’s liquor in that fruity looking beverage of yours otherwise your mount is all fucked up

lotsa vodka.. love my vodka grapefruits.

Got bored today working. So I said fuck it and spent some time mounting my buddies skis.

Thanks for the Shift mount beta.

Name:	95730479_2885595264850419_4879197240414961664_n.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	327570