Page 132 of 275 FirstFirst ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 6863
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Attachment 306609

C’mon snow!
    Sick. Enjoy

Legos are cool.

I'm mounting my own fucking skis which are already drilled for Jesters.
    I don't want fucking Markers (and I'm fucking cheap and already have STHs and FKSs)
    So STHs are a complete disaster in the toe with every single hole slightly overlapping (and I don't want to go forward or back).
    On to the FKS, which looks pretty good.
    Too good ... in fact so good that it looks like the I can reuse the rear two Jester toe holes.

Measuring on the mounting templates the FKS's rear two toe holes are 35mm apart while the Jester's are 36mm.
    Placing the actual FKS toe onto the ski the fit looks extremely good.
    I'm going for it, even though I'll likely die.

PS Mounting a Kastle MX98.
    That's got the Titinal, so 4.1mm drill, yes?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Definitely 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Measuring on the mounting templates the FKS's rear two toe holes are 35mm apart while the Jester's are 36mm.
    Placing the actual FKS toe onto the ski the fit looks extremely good.
    I'm going for it, even though I'll likely die.
    So each hole is only 0.5mm off or less than 1/64th of an inch.
    Yes it will be fine, get both screws started before you crank them down.
    I don't blame you for not wanting Markers on your skis. "FKS since 2003"
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 12-24-2019 at 06:15 PM.

^^^ Yep, they fit nicely.

IIRC I read to mount FKSs for a BSL of 5mm smaller than your boot to get best dildo performance?
    Don't FKS only have +/- 7.5mm?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

-5mm on the look jig. The paper templates are very close, I just round 1mm on both sides, so essentially close the paper template 2mm.

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

Jester FKS is generally a good match.

MTN and Vipec/Tecton heels are very close as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post

FKNA Lego stoke on Xmas day!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

I thought the process was... jig at correct bsl, drill the toe holes, then close the jig at the heels only by 5mm and drill the heels? NOT THIS

caveat- I've only used the paper template to practice an fks mount, I've never drilled holes and mounted bindings on a pair of skis.

Edit- Found the answer here @ Option 1

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...1&d=1591465472

"For best range and adjustability, close the template 5mm from the actual boot sole length."
    Last edited by skuff; 06-06-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Dshack89 I made a centering tool like the one you described. Pretty easy with a drill press, digital caliper, and the right drill bits. Was able to get mine with .2mm of center. Personally I find it way faster and more precise than measuring the middle on various points on the ski and connecting the dots (which I did for years).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8365.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	307679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8367.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	307680

Would be cool to see something like the slidewright be commercially available. CNC could probably get something dead nuts centered.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    FKNA Lego stoke on Xmas day!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Name:	IMG_0581.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	240.7 KB 
ID:	307694

X2

Also, if you put this across the top of the ski you could mark the center bump of the cross LEGO as the center of the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Samski360 View Post
    Dshack89 I made a centering tool like the one you described. Pretty easy with a drill press, digital caliper, and the right drill bits. Was able to get mine with .2mm of center. Personally I find it way faster and more precise than measuring the middle on various points on the ski and connecting the dots (which I did for years).

Name:	IMG_8365.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	307679Click image for larger version. 

Would be cool to see something like the slidewright be commercially available. CNC could probably get something dead nuts centered.
    That's perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

I can get it dead on center with the CNC, but the laser is even better. One variable is the tip location of writing utensil and what it's drawn on; tape, smooth or matte top sheet, etc. A pencil is easy BUT if the sharpener doesn't sharpen the pencil perfectly symmetrical, there will be an inaccuracy. A felt pen or ink pen might bleed and/or create a wider line than a super sharp pencil. A mechanical pencil might be the most consistent.

Regardless, if everyone gets hung up on over thinking a (+/-) .1mm tolerance, you'll never get there AND then there's the drilling and tapping......

That's why I am adding the two rulers so you can quickly and accurately double check your marks relative to the edges without dicking around with calipers. I consider the scribed lines as giving me a 'target range' and the edge to center ruler as the final measuring step.

So, with that in mind, I am in the middle of a run with the center hole at 5/16" to allow for more versatility for the tool to also help with tapping. A mechanical pencil, pen or felt tipped pen can work at 5/16". A pencil will need tape for a tighter fit.

Go back to the smaller hole or go with the 5/16" hole?

Or:

Name:  IMG_8019.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  95.6 KB
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Terry,
    A Lego version with a laser line projection would be tits.
    If you added a Lego Batman to the top as an option, I think it would forever settle the argument on which is the best way to find the center of a ski.

Name:  41Y32aTd-UL.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  26.5 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I am using bamboo shishkabob skewers and glue to plug holes. I couldn't cut off the excess with a carpet knife so I used a Dremel wheel and sort of banged up the ski. It's old not a big deal. But what's a better way to cut off excess wood after plugging?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I am using bamboo shishkabob skewers and glue to plug holes. I couldn't cut off the excess with a carpet knife so I used a Dremel wheel and sort of banged up the ski. It's old not a big deal. But what's a better way to cut off excess wood after plugging?

A simple pocket planer is awesome

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-6...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post

Some just use nippers but they tend to crush the dowels and leave a point. For a nice clean cut use a woodworkers pull saw like this. If you put a piece of painters tape on the backside of the saw face, you will take away any chance of marring the ski surface.

https://www.shelllumber.com/stanley-...-dbl-edge.html
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

BTW, I do have a few SkiScribe v1.0's available for guinea pigs.

Here's the laser at work. Fun toy....I mean tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Terry,
    A Lego version with a laser line projection would be tits.
    If you added a Lego Batman to the top as an option, I think it would forever settle the argument on which is the best way to find the center of a ski.
    I was thinking a Lego Wonder Woman would be the call considering this crowd, but the Lego version isn't very flattering.
    Last edited by Alpinord; 12-26-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Alpinord - Good point I’m not needing the center line being perfect, and I like the idea of having the ruler on the tool to measure a tolerance range. Looking forward to seeing the final product!

Alpinord - Good point I’m not needing the center line being perfect, and I like the idea of having the ruler on the tool to measure a tolerance range. Looking forward to seeing the final product!
    The rulers can be used between calipers placed on edge, also, like you can with the Centering Sticker:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Some just use nippers but they tend to crush the dowels and leave a point. For a nice clean cut use a woodworkers pull saw like this. If you put a piece of painters tape on the backside of the saw face, you will take away any chance of marring the ski surface.

https://www.shelllumber.com/stanley-...-dbl-edge.html
    Same concept but cheaper - coping saw.

https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/t...MaAtAeEALw_wcB

I use a retractable razor scraper to cut filler stumps
    Name:  E2746284-1EF2-42D8-9429-A67AA576DC38.jpeg
Views: 545
Size:  57.2 KB

I use a dremel with a cut off wheel then epoxy over the exposed wood.

Quote Originally Posted by ripvanwinter View Post

Name:	IMG_0581.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	240.7 KB 
ID:	307694

X2

Also, if you put this across the top of the ski you could mark the center bump of the cross LEGO as the center of the ski.
    Dude. Thank you, that’s a great idea! I was holding the thing with one hand and using a caliper with the other, but I’m gonna mark a template centering scale on there right now. Rad.

Easiest way to find a center imo is get a nice squared block of wood and a good metal ruler.

Tape down template roughly centered on top sheet (one piece of tape at front of paper, one at back). Put block up against the ski edge, and measure from the block to the center line of the template (at the front toe holes) with a ruler. Measure from other side of ski. Lift up front piece of tape and adjust side to side. Tape down. Repeat til distance on each side is the same to the center line of the template.

Repeat process for heel. Takes a couple minutes max, finds center line relative to the ski base/edges rather than top sheet/sidewalls and is very accurate

Name:	IMG_4577.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	307734

Easy peasy. One of these days I’ll make a database of public templates from the cad drawings I’ve made for myself- tend to prefer them over most of the paper templates available because the thin lines make it easier to precisely alone the Heel and toe patters together so their center lines align. And I check/include the actual bsl range the mount will accommodate
    Last edited by Muggydude; 12-26-2019 at 11:44 AM.