Page 235 of 274 FirstFirst ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 6831
    Damn! Thats a good price. Is that the same as the crest?

Quote Originally Posted by MottN View Post
    ATK does have a longer travel version of the crest that is 50mm travel. I think its the crest 10 rental and some of the rebrands have this version also...Kastle, Masjesty, maybe others. I have a pair of the kastle version of these I bought from this place last spring, the exchange rate makes buying from Europe cheap right now.
    https://www.oliunid.com/kastle-tour-...alpinismo.html

Of course you will end up with one ~1.5cm forward and the other back.

Thanks, that would be awesome if same width.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed el Loco View Post
    I think DF toes are the same width. You could do inserts for the toes and just move them up one set of holes. With the heel adjustment might get you the 60ish mm you need.

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    Damn! Thats a good price. Is that the same as the crest?
    Its the C-raider toe and an elongated version of the crest heel.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by old mexico View Post
    Anyone have a pivot jig (slc) or know where to get a paper template. I don’t really trust myself using a template but I need a few skis remounted due to a boot change

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sorry I'm a text/ pm slacker and been slammed at work
    I'll leave it under the driftboat 4 ya
    Text if ya need the addy
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by MottN View Post
    Its the C-raider toe and an elongated version of the crest heel.
    That is sweet! Think it may just do the trick. Thank you!

In case this hasn't already been shared here: https://github.com/tomahawkins/binding-templates

Every folder contains multiple .svg image files for various BSL along with a Haskell file. I don't know what a Haskell file is, but .svg files are just like a PDF. Open, print, tape, drill, and fuck up your own skis.

If you want to download the files to save locally: click Code > Download Zip.

... and I used one of those templates to do a thing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3807.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	436313

This will be my first round with Pivots. I'm stoked on the M-Free 108 based on what I've read.

getting ready to mount some skis. two questions.

are the new Solly Strive replacing STH2s?
    anyone know if the mounting pattern is the same as STH2s?

I'm not opposed to trying them, but not if I need to trail/error my own template to do so. I'll just mount Attacks.

Gracias.

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    Trying to figure out how my wife and son can share the same set of touring skis with different bsl's of 264 and 297. I have a set of DF's with adjustable range of 25mm. ATK Crests only have 20mm adjustability. Aside from inserts, are there any other options?
    Price on these has been bouncing around a bit--were $400 last week--but Evo has Helio 350 demos on sale.

https://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-to...ings-2022-.jpg

Picture is wrong (shows the normal helio 350), but from the description/reviews it is the demo version. Believe it is the same as the ATK RENT ME 12: https://www.atkbindings.com/en/prodo...rent-me-12-en/ which is a raider 12 heel on a longer track plus a different toepiece on a 30mm track with tool-free adjustment.

I was considering them as they make hole conflicts disappear--weigh 450g so not insane.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    getting ready to mount some skis. two questions.

are the new Solly Strive replacing STH2s?
    anyone know if the mounting pattern is the same as STH2s?

I'm not opposed to trying them, but not if I need to trail/error my own template to do so. I'll just mount Attacks.

Gracias.
    There is a strive-specific thread around here somewhere that should answer this better , but my somewhat-informed understanding is that: strive is replacing sth2 13, but the sth2 16 is going to survive for a bit. I think mount pattern differs between strive 14 and 16, at least in the heels. 16 heel looks like sth2/warden; 14 heel looks new. Not sure about the toe mounting pattern, but I have some vague recollection that it shares some of the same holes as the shift. I may be off base there though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post
    Price on these has been bouncing around a bit--were $400 last week--but Evo has Helio 350 demos on sale.

https://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-to...ings-2022-.jpg

Picture is wrong (shows the normal helio 350), but from the description/reviews it is the demo version. Believe it is the same as the ATK RENT ME 12: https://www.atkbindings.com/en/prodo...rent-me-12-en/ which is a raider 12 heel on a longer track plus a different toepiece on a 30mm track with tool-free adjustment.

I was considering them as they make hole conflicts disappear--weigh 450g so not insane.
    Thanks! Ended up going for the Kastle's posted above (320g) for less than $300 shipped.

Pivots are da bomb.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by juanrogera View Post
    In case this hasn't already been shared here: https://github.com/tomahawkins/binding-templates

Every folder contains multiple .svg image files for various BSL along with a Haskell file. I don't know what a Haskell file is, but .svg files are just like a PDF. Open, print, tape, drill, and fuck up your own skis.

If you want to download the files to save locally: click Code > Download Zip.
    Interesting, and good work. Anyone else have experience with these templates before I give em a shot?

everyone knows they can check template accuracy by putting the actual fucking binding on top of the paper to make sure the holes are in the right spot ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    everyone knows they can check template accuracy by putting the actual fucking binding on top of the paper to make sure the holes are in the right spot ?
    Yes, but that’s not going to tell you if your boot is going to end up centered correctly on the ski, or if the binding heel is going to be centered in it’s range of travel when forward pressure is set correctly.

No, the boot has a mark and the ski has a mark so you should check using a T square

I think this is something really simple you could check before drilling all the holes and wondering WTF you did ?

this is not rocket biology, it is just good layout and carpenters do this everyday
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Mounted on the line, where Dawg intended.

::::@::::

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Yes, but it's cold in my garage, I'm lazy, and it's a lot easier to type inside where it's warm.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Done and dusted.

192 UL GPOs — with 8cm of the tails cut off by @calibrit

3rd Mount and found space for radical 2.0s - 1.5 cm behind the line.

Attachment 436159

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Glad to see these still kicking. Was a fun project.

[ATTACH]436640[/ATTACH

Mount 5 with the jig. Paid it off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8378.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	436640  

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    Interesting, and good work. Anyone else have experience with these templates before I give em a shot?
    I’ve used the Pivot and Attack templates and they’ve been accurate and easy to use. The specific bsl for each file removes one additional potential for error.

I would note that on the Pivots, my first mount was fine, but the heel wasn’t quite in the middle of the adjustment range. I guess that could be either the template or the boot measuring slightly different than the bsl stated on the boot. For my second mount, I added 2mm to the stated bsl and I was right in the middle of the adjustment range.

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
    I’ve used the Pivot and Attack templates and they’ve been accurate and easy to use. The specific bsl for each file removes one additional potential for error.

I would note that on the Pivots, my first mount was fine, but the heel wasn’t quite in the middle of the adjustment range. I guess that could be either the template or the boot measuring slightly different than the bsl stated on the boot. For my second mount, I added 2mm to the stated bsl and I was right in the middle of the adjustment range.
    Same experience here. Recommend test mount on a piece of wood first. Or template confirmation via overlay on an already drilled ski for inserts etc...

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman View Post

Definitely measure your actual BSL vs what may be marked on the boots and test mount. There could easily be 5mm or more difference between the two.

Make sure to understand the adjustment for Pivots and any binding. Then tweak mount locations accordingly for your purposes. If you start with test mounting the toes relative to BSC, you can place the boot and mess around with the heel Location and different adjustment locations.

Sent via iPhone
    Slidewright.com
    Last edited by Alpinord; 12-04-2022 at 09:00 AM.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

Does anyone else actually mark the template at the actual boot size number or am I the only one? (Finding that 0.5mm moment on each sheet that marks the spot).

Kinda wondered if people just pick the nearest 5mm or 10mm hash mark & figure the binding span of tolerance covers the rest?

Or is there some other range condition people shoot for?
    Most coverage for boots owned (BSL’s in same zone)? Conventional BSL’s for a given boot size?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    G3 ION remount due to new Scarpa BSL being shorter by 9mm for 27 mondo from Maestrale to 4-Quattros. The heel adjustment was maxed out so shifted the heels forward 15mm. BSC is 5mm forward.

The new G3 ION binding layout tool is spot on:

Attachment 435658

Attachment 435659

Attachment 435660

Attachment 435661

Attachment 435662

Attachment 435663

Attachment 435664

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Terry I want one of those purple headed taps
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.