Page 162 of 273 FirstFirst ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 6809
    Xenic, 1/4". I re-measured everything and looks like it needs 21-22mm of thread to do it all right.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Xenic, 1/4". I re-measured everything and looks like it needs 21-22mm of thread to do it all right.
    Why that much thread? You only need engagement in the ski itself.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Why that much thread? You only need engagement in the ski itself.
    Ok I don't need that much thread, I need the dimension from the bottom of the panhead to the tip of the thread to be 21-22mm, whether threaded the full length or not.

I've got a bunch of 28mm screws but a half inch shim would be way too much, and there'd be inadequate thread engagement if I were to grind off 6mm.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    No, the Xenic toe uses panheads. Otherwise that'd be perfect (and something I actually have on the shelf at home).
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Ahh, ok, sloppy reading, sorry!

I want to shim a binding toe and I'm trying to find a set of 5.5 x ~21-22mm panhead screws, and not having any luck. Tognar and Slidewright don't have them, do these just not exist? I've got some 28mm but with the amount of thread I'd have to remove I don't trust they'd have enough purchase in the ski.
    bean, see my post #25 in this thread: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Fucking-Screws

I want to shim a binding toe and I'm trying to find a set of 5.5 x ~21-22mm panhead screws, and not having any luck. Tognar and Slidewright don't have them, do these just not exist? I've got some 28mm but with the amount of thread I'd have to remove I don't trust they'd have enough purchase in the ski.
    edit, Jon beat me to sharing his own post, bad reading

can anyone tell me if the Dynafit Rotation 7 shares a hole pattern with any other Dynafit bindings?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Mounted some px12 demo bindings I had laying around on a buddies Xmas present Liberty Origin 106s. He rents boots and depending where, gets pretty different BSLs so I thought I'd just throw some free demo bindings on till he figures out his boot situation.

Which made me think. When he does figure out his boots, what <12 din binding should I reccomend. Hes a bigger guy, with big feet, but only a 2/3 skier so the 16/18 din bindings I actually know about aren't good options. I'm inclined to just tell him get whatever is cheapest... That isn't a marker though. Anyone have any strong feelings on a lower din binding?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I like Salomon Wardens or STH2s for a 13 DIN binding. Pivot 12s and 14s are good too, but maybe less ideal for a guy who's figuring boots out and might be varying BSL.

Wardens will also give him multiple options on soles for whatever boot he picks up in the future. Good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    can anyone tell me if the Dynafit Rotation 7 shares a hole pattern with any other Dynafit bindings?
    The Rotation 7 mounting pattern is unique as it combines the old Vertical/Radical(1)/Speed Radical/Speed Turn heel pattern with the Radical 2/Rotation 10 & 12/Beast 14 toe pattern.

There are a few other tech bindings that ripped off that heel pattern so their heels will use the Rotation 7 holes but their toes won't match. Skimo.com have a chart on their website which shows which they are.

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

that’s a royal pain in the ass

thanks for the help
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 11-20-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    I like Salomon Wardens or STH2s for a 13 DIN binding. Pivot 12s and 14s are good too, but maybe less ideal for a guy who's figuring boots out and might be varying BSL.
    Awesome, thanks. Im a diehard STH/STH2 16 guy because of the ease of step in, and they just feel solid. I hated how finicky my FKS180s were.

My buddy isnt going to improve much, had to be told to put the heelpiece down when trying to step in last year and has zero intention of skinning for turns so i think the simplicity of the STH is a great option. Good to hear a lot of the good traits of the 16 Din are shared with the 13.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I just mounted these up last week. Rotation 7 uses the Rotation toe with an old-school Radical 1.0 heel, so you have to use the heel from one template and the toe off another.

The heel is the original Radical template from the TRG page (it uses the old Radical ST/FT heel, not the new ST/FT2 or Rotation heel): https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...aper-Templates

I had to mount the heel 15mm shorter than indicated on the template (280bsl boot was at the 265mark on the template to get boot center lined up)

Toe is the new standard ST/FT 2.0/Rotation. I got it off the WildSnow template page. You just have to frankenstein them together and do a ton of measuring and confirming. Definitely mount up to a 2x4 before you punch holes in your skis.

if y'all were going to mount a Voile V6BC with a G3 Targa for a Crispi CXT boot to use on snow survey tours that are mostly meadow skipping and rolling terrain for a couple hours to a week, would you mount them old school pins on ski center or boot center at ski center or maybe split the difference?

found the chart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1605942393.339804.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	311.4 KB 
ID:	349069

I tend to lean towards tyrolia attacks or Salomon STH if I’ve got to vary my BSL. Pivots otherwise.

When you mount your own skis (or buy skis with bindings already mounted like I have), what do you do about binding release test? The adult part of my brain says “take it the shop, let the test it.” Another part of the brain says “it’s a simple mechanism, let it be”

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    When you mount your own skis (or buy skis with bindings already mounted like I have), what do you do about binding release test? The adult part of my brain says “take it the shop, let the test it.” Another part of the brain says “it’s a simple mechanism, let it be”
    I take it to a shop to test. Are your knees worth $15 - $20?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sierra_cement View Post
    I take it to a shop to test. Are your knees worth $15 - $20?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    That’s exactly what responsible adult brain says..

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

Name:	6C05F64F-132B-4380-B086-2EF77E57E181.jpeg 
Views:	118 
Size:	915.8 KB 
ID:	349154

Name:	IMG_5091.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	224.8 KB 
ID:	349153

I showed the teenager how to mount his own fucking skis

Name:	IMG_5092.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	674.7 KB 
ID:	349158

Got bit by the pivots, didn't get a chance to mount my own tonight!!! WTF

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Got bit by the pivots, didn't get a chance to mount my own tonight!!! WTF
    Years ago I've had to pry customers finger out of the display pivots hanging on the shop wall. (3 different times actually)