Page 232 of 275 FirstFirst ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 6863
    Yep, use the boot to get the toe alignment correct.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    eyeball but don't send it

instead draw in the center of the hole, center punch the center of the hole, drill a pilot hole with very small bit, chase it with the proper sized bit
    Thank you, seems legit. I haven't used anything but a paper template to do mine, but this seems like a pretty good method that removes a couple potential sources of mistakes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You could also just go full dentist so down load a template that is the rong scale, drill all the holes as fast as you can and then wonder wtf you have done ?

I never use paper templates I just draw the layout on painter's tape, one thing templates are very good for is figuring out where you are gona put the binding in relation to ski center or wtf you wana call it

note: some pedantic asshole will say its not really ski center so call it wtf you want eh

IME I don't make too many misteaks drilling really small pilot holes but its slow, i never use a stepped bit just a 5/32nd with a winebottle cork depth gauge which is half way between the 2 popular sizes of bit so i never have to ask the collective which size to use cuz i'm half way right or half way rong depending on your POV and i never tap anything

of course if i was doing this ^^ for money i would have jigs, stepped bits and all the stuff cuz you gotta make money eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

mikey~b

2 things about the jigarex

Clamp the plates in place. Otherwise your hole may not be vertical. You'll thank me.

Make sure it is centered. A good way is to do this place painters tape on the ski longer than the jig. Then measure the center and mark with a pen the whole way.

Use a stepped bit. Correct size. It will be on the ski.

You got this. Stoked for you.

Send pics of skis after

CAT

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by F#*k you cat; 11-15-2022 at 09:39 PM.

What is this shim on the bottom of these bindings?

Need help. The bottom of the heel rail on the Salomon/Atomic Warden 13, just front two screws, have some sort of shim/riser attached! It stick out about 2 mm beyond the rubber gasket. It is only attached with a bit of spot weld plastic on the sides. Looks like there is space for the plastic shim inside the rail under the top metal plate. Do I just break it off? Why is it like this?

Or use the SVST center punch, which fits perfectly snug in the bushings, to mark the holes. Then remove Jig-a-Rex and drill away.

To hammer the center punch, I put a piece of 2x4 under the ski so the jig is "floating." I agree that the jaws on the Jig-a-Rex are exceptionally subpar, but the jig is fantastic for marking the holes. I wouldn't drill a ski with that jig in place, though clamping it would potentially solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by huaraz View Post
    Need help. The bottom of the heel rail on the Salomon/Atomic Warden 13, just front two screws, have some sort of shim/riser attached! It stick out about 2 mm beyond the rubber gasket. It is only attached with a bit of spot weld plastic on the sides. Looks like there is space for the plastic shim inside the rail under the top metal plate. Do I just break it off? Why is it like this?
    It is there so people who've never mounted one before start screwing, hear the plastic crack, and run to a shop thinking they've ruined the binding. That will be $60 please. Leave it in place and just keep screwing when you hear the cracks.

Dynafit Rotation 7 on Salomon Geisha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1668574790.891138.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	626.0 KB 
ID:	434228

Name:	Image1668574804.193633.jpg 
Size:	191.5 KB 
ID:	434229

the skis are old beaters, but so is my girlfriend so….
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

ha, sexy bindings at least.

looks good
    watch out for snakes

Good job!
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

I need to order a couple things from you.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    …the skis are old beaters, but so is my girlfriend so….
    I laffed.

Fresh HyperV8s for my wife. The centering tool definitely helped speed up that process. It still takes me a while, mostly because I have to find the perfect heel-toe distance to accommodate 2 boots near the extremes of the adjustment range.

Name:	IMG_20221115_191853686.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	434250

Name:	IMG_20221115_203431514.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	434249

^^^^
    Those look a lot sweeter than my ole V8s. ;-) Glad the Centering Tool helped.

(mikey-b I have one for you with your name on it. Thanks for all of the support! 'Finest kind.'!)
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

awesome sauce!

I mounted the family quiver of BC skis with marker alpinists. Love the low delta. Anyway. Being a dumbass I used liberal amounts of epoxy and glued the brake retainer things solid. So, removed all the heels and cleaned it all up. Now they work great on 2 out of 4, 2are still super sticky. Pulled and lubed with no change.

Anybody have tricks/tips to make the wire slide easier?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I mounted the family quiver of BC skis with marker alpinists. Love the low delta. Anyway. Being a dumbass I used liberal amounts of epoxy and glued the brake retainer things solid. So, removed all the heels and cleaned it all up. Now they work great on 2 out of 4, 2are still super sticky. Pulled and lubed with no change.

Anybody have tricks/tips to make the wire slide easier?

Did you try low level to ramping up heat from a gun or hairdryer while sliding the brake?

Agent Orange or citrus cleaners work well on adhesives but not so sure on dissolving epoxies. Then there is WD40......
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Anyone here use the Jig-a-Rex to mount G3 Zeds? Either I did something funky or the plates are off by 1-3 mm when it comes to the "gapless" heel. After mounting them, I had drive the heels as far forward as the binding would let me and even then, there was maybe 1mm of space. Normally, with tech heels, the Jig-a-Rex plates have landed me in the middle with room to move the heel in either direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Did you try low level to ramping up heat from a gun or hairdryer while sliding the brake?

Agent Orange or citrus cleaners work well on adhesives but not so sure on dissolving epoxies. Then there is WD40......
    It’s all cleaned out, and off the top of the skis. They are just stiff

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Been out of the binding mounting game for awhile...

For inserts, a soak in mineral sprits then using Total Boat Flexpoxy is good? As opposed to acetone and hardman epoxy (or whatever Binding Freedom sells)

I'm 90% sure that's what I did before as that's what I have in my binding box but who knows...

Name:	Image1668899794.849013.jpg 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	434721
    Made a fancy paper jig. Worked out well. Glad I went with the orange binders.

Yey or nay to glue when using plastic binding hole plugs?

Tried to get some from a shop today and the tech wouldn't let me buy any as I "didn't know how to use them"...

Quote Originally Posted by metalltrilogy View Post

Tried to get some from a shop today and the tech wouldn't let me buy any as I "didn't know how to use them"...
    Epoxy

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by metalltrilogy View Post

Sounds like you showed up sans six pack

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk