Page 197 of 274 FirstFirst ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 6831
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    179cm

Sorry ... I've had a couple of drinks and thought you asked what I mounted with.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    mount drunk for extra accreacy
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    mount drunk for extra accreacy
    QFT

I wasn't going to drink tonight but then I decided to mount my skis so that was out the window.

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Looks great! What length did you get them in? Let us know what you think of them.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    I'm going to type up a more detailed review of my initial impressions in the next day or so, but the summary is I really like them. Very intuitive and not punishing at all despite the long running length.

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Got my P-15's from Corbet's super sale. Figured why let them sit there in the box till next year.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stock remount.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	371423
    Insert back onto already drilled for pivots Stormrider 95's. I had forget how good the stormrider's are. Such a great ski in the corn.

Couple of questions for the community. I just mounted my first pair, Pivot 15s on M102s.

1) Gorilla glue instructions say to make one surface a tiny bit damp before gluing. I toothpicked a miniscule amount of water into each hole, followed by a little dollop of glue, and the screws. Right move, or jong mistake?
    2) Gorilla glue instructions also say to wait 24 hours for a full cure. I could be skiing these tomorrow morning at about 12 hours from now. Should I wait 24 hours or fuckin send it?

Send it, in a new hole with good threads the glue is really just there to keep water out.

And I wouldn't use any glue that told me to add water, that's just unnatural. I would use waterproof epoxy, titebond 3, or roo glue on the next mount.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice, gonna give em a go tomorrow. Yeah I thought that was a little strange too. I had seen those 3, or Gorilla Glue recommended most in this thread, and decided to go with the GG in the end. I'll probably use one of the three you suggested next time...

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Send it, in a new hole with good threads the glue is really just there to keep water out.

And I wouldn't use any glue that told me to add water, that's just unnatural. I would use waterproof epoxy, titebond 3, or roo glue on the next mount.

This. Another reason I don't like GG is it expands. Some people like it because they say its "void seeking" but it doesn't seem right to me. I use marine epoxy or ski binding glue. Marine epoxy if I'm filling old holes and I have the mixed anyways. Ski binding glue if its a fresh mount cause its more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    This. Another reason I don't like GG is it expands.
    Yeah I never liked the idea of Gorilla Glue because it expands and is full of air bubbles when it sets, and seem brittle. Leave a dab to set and take a look before deciding for yourself. Waterproof wood glue costs about €5 for a bottle that will last you forever.

how come nobody has yet posted the popular urban myth that GG will splode your top sheet and delaminte your ski ?

water seeking is actulay what GG is so yes its in the instruction to wet the surfaces cuz thats how ureathane glue works, so i have spit on the top sheet poked it into the holes with a nail, its water proof, but it has less of a shelf life than slowset so the bottle i had is long hardened, thrown out and not replaced

in terms of best to less good i would say slowset - GG - wood glue

Slow set has a longer shelf life does more things, used with filler it will rebuild stripped holes its awesume stuff so that's what I have around

BTW GG does not splode yer skis
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I finally got around to pulling the old marker M51s (asymmetrical mount job, original spec) off these Rossi Axioms and remounting. "New" binders are 4frnt deadbolt 13 demos. Seems like a well designed, solid demo binder.

First demo binder mount for me, I thought it was a little harder than a regular alpine mount and easier than an AT mount. I couldn't find a template for the toe so I drew one up in cad--on the off chance that someone needs that one PM me and I'll get it to ya.

First binding mount with my new to me craigslist drill press. Doesn't really make that big of a difference, you just know the holes are going to be vertical (in relation to the base I guess, better if they were perpendicular to the top sheet). I am hoping to use it to install some inserts in the future.

Anyway, can't wait to ski these beasts again. They're heavy, almost 4kg per ski/binding. I can't think of many skis these bindings would look good on, but they match the Axioms perfectly with all the green and purple hits in the graphics.

I picked these coombas up locally for a song and mounted them with Verticals accquired from our very own Core Shot.

I like this ski... Flatish camber, longish turn radius, kinda damp but not dead. Predictable is the word I guess.

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

I decided to shim my G3 Ions. Have a friend with a 3D printer, and ye was really excited about giving it a shot, so I looked around the internet a bit and fount TinkerCAD, which is 100% web based and has a super short learning curve. I sent him the resulting file, with dimensions arrived at by micrometer, eyeball, and intuition, and the first mockup was pretty acceptable.

He made two more for me using the good HDPE, and I pulled the toes off my skis and added the shims (and longer screws) this afternoon.

Jonesing for snow.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    I decided to shim my G3 Ions. Have a friend with a 3D printer, and ye was really excited about giving it a shot, so I looked around the internet a bit and fount TinkerCAD, which is 100% web based and has a super short learning curve. I sent him the resulting file, with dimensions arrived at by micrometer, eyeball, and intuition, and the first mockup was pretty acceptable.

He made two more for me using the good HDPE, and I pulled the toes off my skis and added the shims (and longer screws) this afternoon.

Jonesing for snow.
    Nice work. I’d love to see someone take this on as hobby/micro-business, producing custom shims.

Thanks. Made my heart smile to see your Axiom’s.
    The Only old ski (January 1989) in my collection that are still fun to ski.
    Yes, like a cafeteria tray on the traverse, but once turned downhill - I am a ski god again.

Are those shims to reduce ramp angle?

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    Are those shims to reduce ramp angle?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Thanks. Made my heart smile to see your Axiom’s.
    The Only old ski (January 1989) in my collection that are still fun to ski.
    Yes, like a cafeteria tray on the traverse, but once turned downhill - I am a ski god again.
    One of my better goodwill finds! I skied them as my main soft snow ski for a season. I'm really looking forward to skiing them again this year with newer, center mounted bindings. I had a lot fun on them as they were, but I never pushed it because the old plastic Markers were the opposite of confidence inspiring.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just finished mounting these Armada JJ 2.0s with Rossi px-18s supplied by Marshal.

I picked up the JJs for $25 with three existing mounts. I was able to reuse the pivot toe holes, and a snuck the 4th heel mount in between existing holes.

This was a fun one--got to Do some new stuff. The new heel holes were a little close to existing holes, so I pulled out the old plastic plugs from those holes (drill out the middle + drywall screw ftw) and threaded aluminum #12 sheetmetal screws in. Used the Dremel cutoff wheel to cut them off flush to the top sheet and the sanding wheel to clean up. Worth it just for the peace of mind, and it has to return some integrity to the ski.

If anyone is looking for those aluminum screws, they were hard to find. Google Hillman part 3771 or part 3770. Same thread different lengths.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Done a few pairs the last few days. One more to go for the coming season, once bindings show up (unless I impulse buy something else, but I'm not planning on it).

188 Moment PB&Js, getting raw P18s with inserts (due to slightly sketchy proximity to other holes). Quiver pic forthcoming in that thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210906_230621371.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	384650  

Jonesing for snow.
    Why are all your pivot heels “engaged” while dormant? Awesome line up btw.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Done a few pairs the last few days. One more to go for the coming season, once bindings show up (unless I impulse buy something else, but I'm not planning on it).

188 Moment PB&Js, getting raw P18s with inserts (due to slightly sketchy proximity to other holes). Quiver pic forthcoming in that thread.
    What is that jig, and does it center itself??

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Why are all your pivot heels “engaged” while dormant? Awesome line up btw.
    Just habit. After backing off the spring tension for storage, when they’re engaged without a boot it unloads the spring a little more. I still pop them down if need the room.

Thanks

Just habit. After backing off the spring tension for storage, when they’re engaged without a boot it unloads the spring a little more. I still pop them down if need the room.

Thanks
    Gotcha. Was curious if it was a bit more tension relief. Appeared intentional.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    What is that jig, and does it center itself??
    A project I put together when I was injured and bored a few years ago. And yep, self-centering.