Page 77 of 275 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 6863
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    You have to drill out the holes, so you have less space for future mounts.
    Good point. I’ll double check clearance before drilling. I don’t think I’ll be adding a third mount.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Getting ready to mount my skis, V-werks Katanas with Salomon MTN tech bindings. The bindings fall outside of the recommended mount pattern by a bit, so as was suggested elsewhere here on TGR, I'm going to use some epoxy in the holes and let them cure for a day or two before skiing. So my questions; 1. I thought I remembered reading that the epoxy should cure with the skis upside down, necessary? 2. What kind of epoxy to use? Specific brands/names would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
    Grab some G-Flex(West Systems) from your local marine shop.
    Upside down is a good idea.
    All carbon ski mounts should use epoxy anyway

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Getting ready to mount my skis, V-werks Katanas with Salomon MTN tech bindings. The bindings fall outside of the recommended mount pattern by a bit, so as was suggested elsewhere here on TGR, I'm going to use some epoxy in the holes and let them cure for a day or two before skiing. So my questions; 1. I thought I remembered reading that the epoxy should cure with the skis upside down, necessary? 2. What kind of epoxy to use? Specific brands/names would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
    i mooched that jig from work to do fu cats if you need it i have it till tues
    or can grab it whenever
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i mooched that jig from work to do fu cats if you need it i have it till tues
    or can grab it whenever
    Sweet, may take you up on that if I can't source one locally!

Does anyone know why the Wardens have the sliding metal plate / mount holes? Can I mount them at one end of the sliding plate to reuse some holes? Or do they serve some sort of important purpose being in the center?

It's supposed to let the ski flex more naturally. It wouldn't be a big deal to mount it at one end

Mounted some fucking Attack 14’s tonight. All the heel screws were way to long. Toes were perfect. Anyone else run Into this?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Mounted some fucking Attack 14’s tonight. All the heel screws were way to long. Toes were perfect. Anyone else run Into this?
    Did you forget to put the plastic plate under the heel assembly by chance?

Yes, I got exactly the same problem when I was mounting my park skis. Heel screws were incredibly long. I got some spare screws that fitted so I changed them

No, put all the parts on. The screws for the brake portion were like twice the needed length. The rear screws were maybe 3 mm long.

I put shorter spares in without problem...just thought the collective should be aware.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Mounted my friends fucking skis. Been telling him about the toe piece. Plan for now is to skin in ski mode. DIN is at 10, so it should be fine?

Fun looking setup though.

wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Plan for now is to skin in ski mode.
    that'd make for a rather limited ROM

About to mount some as well and happened to see your post. Yeah, ridiculously long heal screws, would run clear through the bases. WTF?

Posted this in Paper templates thread with no reply, lets try here.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fiedler View Post
    I mounted my New HOJI yesterday with a Template I found on here for the STH2. I double checked the scale and it was scaled correctly. I put the 335 line of the template on my mount line. Problem I'm having is my 335 bsl boot requires the binding to be all the way back in the adjustment and once the FWD pressure is set it's maxed out. Shouldn't I be in the middle of the adjustment area?
    It's my 7-8th time mounting bindings my self. 1st time having a problem. Wondering if I should re-mount them at 345...

I would just ski them. It won't hurt the binding any to be in the back of the range provided the forward pressure is good. It's not going to slide off the back of the track.

Next time, mount a 2x4 first and adjust template to get your heel piece in the area of the track adjustment range that you prefer. Rookie mistake to trust the paper without a test run.

Being in the back of the range will make it easier when you inevitably sell them. Just say 325mm at +1.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Rookie mistake to trust the paper without a test run.
    100% I was mostly pissed because it's the first time in a while I have bought new skis and new bindings and not the usual TGR thrice drilled hand me downs lol

any time I buy new skis and bindings I go for the free mount which is usually > trusting a rookie with a piece of paper
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    About to mount some as well and happened to see your post. Yeah, ridiculously long heal screws, would run clear through the bases. WTF?
    So yeah, gotta own this one. There is an additional plastic spacer for the heel. Amazingly, the screws are the correct length once you put it on

Good forward spring pressure I'd leave them as-is.

It's a safer bet to be somewhere in the middle in case you get new boots and the bsl is slightly different. STH2 heel track is 28mm long. Since you're at the rear most part of the track your current boot bsl is the max you can use without remounting the heel piece. Example if you were in a 25.5 Lange with say a 297mm bsl, but switched to a 25.5 Cochise that bsl is 300mm and wouldn't work on the current mount even though it's the same mondo size.

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

Did you use my template? Or was it another. I know mine works for smaller bsl's (I've used for 265mm, 285mm, 295mm, and 305mm without issues - just double checked a couple pairs against the template). It's possible that when you go up so much in bsl it needs to be adjusted for some reason, perhaps due to change in ramp angle? Sometimes I suspect bsl's may also be misleading depending on the brand and boot

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Being in the back of the range will make it easier when you inevitably sell them. Just say 325mm at +1.
    Nice math Jack? I wouldn’t have you mount my skis with those skills.
    If you move the heel in the track forward 10mm for a shorter boot, the now shorter boot has boot sole midpoint 5mm more forward.

“Just say 325mm at +0.5”

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    If you move the heel in the track forward 10mm for a shorter boot, the now shorter boot has boot sole midpoint 5mm more forward.

“Just say 325mm at +0.5”
    There's a reason he mounts with jigs.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    any time I buy new skis and bindings I go for the free mount which is usually > trusting a rookie with a piece of paper
    well it was Hoji's so "direct shipment" and Clamps came from Kopi_Red here. I like mounting them myself and have never had this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Did you use my template? Or was it another. I know mine works for smaller bsl's (I've used for 265mm, 285mm, 295mm, and 305mm without issues - just double checked a couple pairs against the template). It's possible that when you go up so much in bsl it needs to be adjusted for some reason, perhaps due to change in ramp angle? Sometimes I suspect bsl's may also be misleading depending on the brand and boot
    I am not sure if it was yours or not. I'll try to find it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post

“Just say 325mm at +0.5”
    I trust Jack! I hope I don't get bored with them and sell them like I do every year on TGR lol

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    I would just ski them. It won't hurt the binding any to be in the back of the range provided the forward pressure is good. It's not going to slide off the back of the track.

Next time, mount a 2x4 first and adjust template to get your heel piece in the area of the track adjustment range that you prefer. Rookie mistake to trust the paper without a test run.
    2x4 idea is rad, I should have done that!!