Page 158 of 273 FirstFirst ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 6810
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1604277851.297030.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	345955

First round of kids skis. Think they know how lucky they are?

Haven’t had a bad jigarex plate yet (including shifts)

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Name:	Image1604282120.033924.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	345966

And Cast on my GPO’s. Many thanks to SFB for the 18-15 trade.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

DOPE
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    i think either/or is pretty good stuff

> 5 minute epoxy for holding power - i put some 5 min on the end of a WW paddle just for kicks being exposed to the H20 it got all flacid & fell off fairly quick
    > than JB weld for workability - that shit does not wana go down a drill hole it might be good for filling large voids in the base but then ever one can see you put that ugly shit on your ski after skiing over a rock like some cheese eating school boy, JB weld just screams gaper or maybe 1 step removed
    Do not use JB for any ski applications, it’s good shit for sure but does not flex and will crack out.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

Name:	Image1604282120.033924.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	345966

And Cast on my GPO’s. Many thanks to SFB for the 18-15 trade.

looks great ... lucky kids 4 sho

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Tried out the new mill using the SDM function on the DRO. Like most things with a mill, the setup time takes longer than the actual work. Drilling the holes goes super fast. Is it worth the trouble for mounting bindings? Probably not, but fun none the less.

Name:	IMG_1966.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	345987

That machine tool is cleaner than my kitchen.

Mounted up this year’s quiver for my oldest kid - dude is going to be psyched!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1604331004.232625.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	522.3 KB 
ID:	346005

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost my box of mounting stuff when moving houses and working through a quick checklist before beginning the mount. Am I forgetting something?

-drill
    -3.5 mm bit (no metal in skis)
    -binding glue
    -binding template
    -centering ruler of some sort
    -painter's tape

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Lost my box of mounting stuff when moving houses and working through a quick checklist before beginning the mount. Am I forgetting something?

-drill
    -binding glue
    -binding template
    -painter's tape
    I like having an automatic center punch to transfer the marks from the template to the topsheet, but you've got the main stuff.

-drill
    -binding glue
    -binding template
    -painter's tape
    In addition to optional center punch, you could also optionally use a tape measure to verify the marked factory recommended mount position, also plug any old holes with plastic or wood dowels or just epoxy, also could raze any old volcanoes/holes with a razor or file or whatever, also to decrease chance of spinners you could get a better "feel" by inserting screws with a hand screwdriver instead of a power drill.

Last edited by Vitamin I; 11-02-2020 at 04:35 PM.
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Get a tap

I mounted even more classics for even more fun on even more WROD's.

2009 Volkl Mantra 191cm - (900S DIN=14 metal heel, 957 DIN=12 plastic toe)
    2012 ON3P Wrenegade 191cm - (900S DIN=20 metal)
    2018 4FRNT Devastator 194cm - (997 DIN=20 metal)

Name:	mantra2009.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	865.9 KB 
ID:	346070

Name:	wren.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	901.5 KB 
ID:	346069

Name:	devastator.jpg 
Size:	868.2 KB 
ID:	346068

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    I mounted even more classics for even more fun on even more WROD's.

2009 Volkl Mantra 191cm - (900S DIN=14 metal heel, 957 DIN=12 plastic toe)
    2012 ON3P Wrenegade 191cm - (900S DIN=20 metal)
    2018 4FRNT Devastator 194cm - (997 DIN=20 metal)

Name:	mantra2009.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	865.9 KB 
ID:	346070

Name:	wren.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	901.5 KB 
ID:	346069

Name:	devastator.jpg 
Size:	868.2 KB 
ID:	346068

Some great skis there. I had those same mantras, wish I never got rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    In addition to optional center punch, you could also optionally use a tape measure to verify the marked factory recommended mount position, also plug any old holes with plastic or wood dowels or just epoxy, also could raze any old volcanoes/holes with a razor or file or whatever, also to decrease chance of spinners you could get a better "feel" by inserting screws with a hand screwdriver instead of a power drill.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    I like having an automatic center punch to transfer the marks from the template to the topsheet, but you've got the main stuff.
    Thanks.

I've got some holes that'll be touching/overlapping. I know this is debated but whats the strongest way to overlap holes? Previously I was doing dowels and epoxy but I'm wondering if inserts would be a good idea. I'm less inclined though cause I haven't done it before.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I've got some holes that'll be touching/overlapping. I know this is debated but whats the strongest way to overlap holes? Previously I was doing dowels and epoxy but I'm wondering if inserts would be a good idea. I'm less inclined though cause I haven't done it before.

Inserts don't buy you a ton of room to consume old holes. Do dowels and epoxy for sure. Dowels and epoxy with inserts for maximum beef.

Hi Guys,

I don't come really often (I even lost my account) but this post is a treasure.

I've designed a 3D printed multi-brand drilling template. It's a work in progress, but as my progress is slow, I've decided to share the parts on Thingiverse so other people can use it, and request for new binding templates.

Works with standard drill bits (3.9 and 4.1 mm diameter)

I can't post a link - a limitation from TGR forum that i don't understand ? Neither a picture

The ref from thingiverse is 4641270

Quote Originally Posted by RiderDeTerre View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've designed a 3D printed multi-brand drilling template. It's a work in progress, but as my progress is slow, I've decided to share the parts on Thingiverse so other people can use it, and request for new binding templates.

I can't post a link - a limitation from TGR forum that i don't understand ? Neither a picture

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4641270

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RiderDeTerre View Post
    Hi Guys,

This looks awesome. I have an old pivot jig that doesn't open up wider than like 100mm, so this could save having to freehand anything wider than that which would be pretty sweet.

I was about to reuse some old Jester holes and then I saw there was some serious overlap, hence my questions above about plugging holes. Is there too much overlap which will cause certain death? The overlapping holes are the two rearmost holes on the heels. I don't care about the skis but I wonder if they come out at the wrong time it could be bad news. Thoughts?

Other mounts are shifts and kingpins. From what I remember there aren't other bindings that share many holes so it seems like a jester/griffon mount is my best bet.

Pics of heels:

best practises is to leave 1 cm between holes but overlapping holes are fine if it doesnt pull out

you will always get an anecdote from somebody who did less than best practices and had no problem

but maybe what we really need is a " I did considerably < best practices, shit fucked up, when it pulled out I broke my leg lost my job, my dog died, so did my pickup truck and my wife/husband left me " thread but you never see those
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    best practises is to leave 1 cm between holes but overlapping holes are fine if it doesnt pull out

you will always get an anecdote from somebody who did less than best practices and had no problem

but maybe what we really need is a " I did considerably < best practices, shit fucked up, when it pulled out I broke my leg lost my job, my dog died, so did my pickup truck and my wife/husband left me " thread but you never see those
    Yeah, makes sense. Like you said, I just haven't heard any bad pullout stories. The only story I've heard was the one a couple weeks ago of overlapping holes that were plugged with plastic. And it sounds like that was just as much a problem of the binding (shifts) as the mount. Plus sounds like they were being skied pretty damn hard.

Yeah, makes sense. Like you said, I just haven't heard any bad pullout stories. The only story I've heard was the one a couple weeks ago of overlapping holes that were plugged with plastic. And it sounds like that was just as much a problem of the binding (shifts) as the mount. Plus sounds like they were being skied pretty damn hard.

I’m shooting 100% on pullout stories....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Once upon an October past
    It snowed a bit crackhead, story slutty ,I think perpetual weekend jim was with us and possibly
    Another mag
    Crackhead pulled our a dynafiddle toe on the timp snowfield
    I got it back in but 1/2 way down it failed
    Crackhead skied out the 6 or 8 inches down to a aspen grove trailhead
    He let me mount his skis after that
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Once upon an October past
    It snowed a bit crackhead, story slutty ,I think perpetual weekend jim was with us and possibly
    Another mag
    Crackhead pulled our a dynafiddle toe on the timp snowfield
    I got it back in but 1/2 way down it failed
    Crackhead skied out the 6 or 8 inches down to a aspen grove trailhead on one ski
    That fucker is strong
    He let me mount his skis after that
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno