Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 147 148 149 150 151 152
Results 3,776 to 3,786 of 3786
  1. #3776
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Transparent sheet sounds like a lot of work. Paper + 6 pack Oíhops for sure does the job
    Tried using some old Plexiglass. Drilled & Tapped crooked as shit. Next time I'll drink after the job is done.

  2. #3777
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    20,454
    I just use the binding as a guide cuz its always accurate
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  3. #3778
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    867
    I just put the JigaRex on the ski, use this centerpunch to punch holes, remove the JigaRex, and drill the rest by hand for standard mounts or inserts. When I'm anal, over-tired, or over-stoned, I'll use a small bit to increase the center-punched hole before using the 3.5/4.1 bit.

  4. #3779
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    218

    PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

    Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    I just put the JigaRex on the ski, use this centerpunch to punch holes, remove the JigaRex, and drill the rest by hand for standard mounts or inserts. When I'm anal, over-tired, or over-stoned, I'll use a small bit to increase the center-punched hole before using the 3.5/4.1 bit.
    Same process here, though I use calipers to check dimple measurements before drilling (they have always been good, within .5mm of perfect), and have a cheap drill press so no worries about being crooked.

    Iíve never done inserts though so there is a little more wiggle room.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #3780
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,596
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I cant drill straight
    Thatís what she said.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #3781
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    751
    Ugh still annoyed at that mount.

    I obviously shouldn’t care that the heel piece is slightly of center, about 3mm. Right?

  7. #3782
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    42
    If i'm going down a mount size (10mm or less) and remounting an Attack pattern with Pivots, am I going to have issues? I'd like to start swapping my attacks out, but I'm also going to down a few mm in boot size.

  8. #3783
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    If i'm going down a mount size (10mm or less) and remounting an Attack pattern with Pivots, am I going to have issues? I'd like to start swapping my attacks out, but I'm also going to down a few mm in boot size.
    The rear toe locations will be very close so you'll have to move the Pivot mount back a tad:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pivot v Attack mount .jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	396.1 KB 
ID:	331940

  9. #3784
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,711
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Ugh still annoyed at that mount.

    I obviously shouldn’t care that the heel piece is slightly of center, about 3mm. Right?
    One fix would be to find someone with a mill, and have them mill new 1/4" holes as close to the centerline of ski as possible (overlapping the old holes), and install inserts. If you don't fully erase the original 4mm holes, you could be centered. Fill the old holes with G/flex before milling, so you don't have a small hole alongside the inserts.

  10. #3785
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    The rear toe locations will be very close so you'll have to move the Pivot mount back a tad:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pivot v Attack mount .jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	396.1 KB 
ID:	331940
    Thanks! I guess now is the best time to swap out my attacks.

  11. #3786
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Western MT
    Posts
    1,595
    My new favorite binding mounting adhesive is gorilla construction adhesive. Waterproof, stays flexible, easy to use, and the bindings I recently removed showed no sign of water intrusion. The screws backed right out, super easy to apply, no mixing, not brittle like titebond iii, so far so good.

    Name:  gorilla adhesive.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  12.5 KB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •