Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 147 148 149 150 151 152
Results 3,776 to 3,786 of 3786
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Transparent sheet sounds like a lot of work. Paper + 6 pack Oíhops for sure does the job
    Tried using some old Plexiglass. Drilled & Tapped crooked as shit. Next time I'll drink after the job is done.

I just use the binding as a guide cuz its always accurate
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I just put the JigaRex on the ski, use this centerpunch to punch holes, remove the JigaRex, and drill the rest by hand for standard mounts or inserts. When I'm anal, over-tired, or over-stoned, I'll use a small bit to increase the center-punched hole before using the 3.5/4.1 bit.

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    I just put the JigaRex on the ski, use this centerpunch to punch holes, remove the JigaRex, and drill the rest by hand for standard mounts or inserts. When I'm anal, over-tired, or over-stoned, I'll use a small bit to increase the center-punched hole before using the 3.5/4.1 bit.
    Same process here, though I use calipers to check dimple measurements before drilling (they have always been good, within .5mm of perfect), and have a cheap drill press so no worries about being crooked.

Iíve never done inserts though so there is a little more wiggle room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I cant drill straight
    Thatís what she said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh still annoyed at that mount.

I obviously shouldn’t care that the heel piece is slightly of center, about 3mm. Right?

If i'm going down a mount size (10mm or less) and remounting an Attack pattern with Pivots, am I going to have issues? I'd like to start swapping my attacks out, but I'm also going to down a few mm in boot size.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    If i'm going down a mount size (10mm or less) and remounting an Attack pattern with Pivots, am I going to have issues? I'd like to start swapping my attacks out, but I'm also going to down a few mm in boot size.
    The rear toe locations will be very close so you'll have to move the Pivot mount back a tad:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pivot v Attack mount .jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	396.1 KB 
ID:	331940

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Ugh still annoyed at that mount.

I obviously shouldn’t care that the heel piece is slightly of center, about 3mm. Right?
    One fix would be to find someone with a mill, and have them mill new 1/4" holes as close to the centerline of ski as possible (overlapping the old holes), and install inserts. If you don't fully erase the original 4mm holes, you could be centered. Fill the old holes with G/flex before milling, so you don't have a small hole alongside the inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    The rear toe locations will be very close so you'll have to move the Pivot mount back a tad:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pivot v Attack mount .jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	396.1 KB 
ID:	331940
    Thanks! I guess now is the best time to swap out my attacks.

My new favorite binding mounting adhesive is gorilla construction adhesive. Waterproof, stays flexible, easy to use, and the bindings I recently removed showed no sign of water intrusion. The screws backed right out, super easy to apply, no mixing, not brittle like titebond iii, so far so good.

Name:  gorilla adhesive.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  12.5 KB