Page 147 of 149 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 3716
    Beauties^

Those things are sweet!!
    Heel holes should be fine......
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    ...The other two partially overlap. I would want to do inserts for binding sharing between a couple pairs of skis. Rear heel holes end up 4mm center to center, so they'll overlap...
    Have they been drilled for inserts? If not, perhaps mount rescue inserts on those wholes?
    A normal screw is ~5.5mm wide (2.75mm radius), so you need mount radius of 2.75+4mm = 6.75mm to completely overlap the old holes. Normal insert is 8mm width (4mm radius). Rescue inserts is 11mm width (5.5mm radius) and has a lot more circumference (1.73 cm for normal screw/2.51cm normal insert/3.56 cm for rescue insert). On a sidenote, an insert should be 45% stronger than a normal screw. A rescue insert should be 106% stronger than a normal screw and 42% stronger than a normal insert. The tiny halfmoon left, if any, will be negligible.
    Math and day 7 of social distancing, suggest you should mount rescues and go skiing.

Well, mounted some skis I got for my pops. hopefully we come out the other side of this and they get some good use next season. Heís coming off some volkl p90s from the mid 90s and is gonna be stoked

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0455.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	321565

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Well, mounted some skis I got for my pops. hopefully we come out the other side of this and they get some good use next season. Heís coming off some volkl p90s from the mid 90s and is gonna be stoked

Name:	IMG_0455.JPG 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	321565
    Nice! Are those Invictus 95ís? Iíve been thinking about those for spring touring. How do they hand flex?

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Nice! Are those Invictus 95’s? I’ve been thinking about those for spring touring. How do they hand flex?
    Yep, I'd say Armada has the stated flex down pretty good at 6 7 6.5. I'd tour on em

with no shops open locally Iíve suddenly got a few mount jobs to do

mounted some Axl on K2 Wayback 96 last week and going to do a Moment (I forget which one) with Axl next week for the same guy

today I mounted these for hopelesslyadolescent

Name:	IMG_1002.JPG 
Size:	361.8 KB 
ID:	322002

My own fucking skis. Never liked mounting pivots.

Sgn Urrakkar. Bent chetler rocker shot in for reference. At -5.5 of center/+ 1.5 of the line. 140-124-136.

Name:	IMG_6278.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	322021

Name:	IMG_6279.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	322022

Name:	IMG_6281.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	322023

Name:	IMG_6280.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	322024
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Those look $$$$$!
    Is it the edge that makes the chine @ the spooned parts?
    Last edited by tuco; 03-24-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Those look awesome.

Just looked through their website, and the Togga has me all hot and bothered. What was the order process like to get them stateside?
    "I bent a 7TM brake wider using a splitting axe and a chopping block but anything you do to telly gear will probably be an improvement" -XXXer

Awesome Suprechicken! What peaked your interest in picking those up? Excited to here what you thibk as you’ve been on a lot of good skis over the years.

Anyone know what size screw i need for the front two holes of a pivot 18 heel?

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Those look awesome.

Just looked through their website, and the Togga has me all hot and bothered. What was the order process like to get them stateside?
    Super easy. Order via PayPal on their website. Shipping was about $43 US, I think. 350 kr. I was out the door for $507 shipped after the PayPal reach around for a foreign currency.

So like many of you i use bamboo skewers from the grocery store to plug old holes. The vertical grain makes it very difficult to cut these to length with a razor. Chopsaw turns them into ballistic missles so today i came up with an idea that worked reasonably well. Way upstream somebody posted that they chuck the skewers into a cordless drill and rotate them on sand paper to get a good fit. Well i applied this technique to cutting them to length with a razor and it worked. Your results may vary. Be careful.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Awesome Suprechicken! What peaked your interest in picking those up? Excited to here what you thibk as youíve been on a lot of good skis over the years.
    Short answer - it looks like a bamboo/poplar, heavier bent chetler. I love that ski and I ski in the PNW.

More nerdery:

The hulled tips on the bentchetler are pretty dope. I donít know if they make a huge difference, but I think there is something to them. I also like the progressive mount of that ski way more than I thought I would.

That said, the bent chetler is just not a billy goat or a cease and desist. Especially not in wet PNW snow. Part of it is weight - Itís not heavy enough. Part of it is the lack of RES - thereís just nothing quite like RES in the tip.

Looking at the on paper design - i would call the size it/dims it a blend between the GPO and protest:
    GPO - 140-116-128
    Protest - 139-128-132
    Urrakkar - 140-124 -136

So a more switch friendly, progressively mounted praxis big mtn/pow ride. With a bamboo core.

Rocker length looks a little longer in the tip than a billy goat - call it 48 cm.

Tail rocker is similar the the bent chetler.

So Iím guessing (hoping) itís as easy to throw around as the bent and somewhat more stable is chop and variable snow. Iím looking for the bent/billy goat love child with a cease and desist size waist.

If I have any hope of landing switch it PNW pow, this is probably it.

well - dammit. Now you really made me want a pair.

Somewhat surprising to see SGN on TGR. Hugely popular over here, but never quite piqued my interest. The profile on those does look nice though, I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    So like many of you i use bamboo skewers from the grocery store to plug old holes. The vertical grain makes it very difficult to cut these to length with a razor. Chopsaw turns them into ballistic missles so today i came up with an idea that worked reasonably well. Way upstream somebody posted that they chuck the skewers into a cordless drill and rotate them on sand paper to get a good fit. Well i applied this technique to cutting them to length with a razor and it worked. Your results may vary. Be careful.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    Smart idea; I use a dremel over a small cardboard box to catch them as they fly off, but its a bit of a pain. Will try your trick soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just hold a utility blade with one hand, while using the other to hold your skewer to the bench, roll the blade edge back and forth on the skewer with moderate pressure. Cuts them easily, and they don't go flying. You guys are making this shit complicated. Drink more beers before you mount. You're making my head hurt.

Anyone know what size screw i need for the front two holes of a pivot 18 heel?
    12mm PanHead. (Measured from bottom of head)

Name:	IMG_1245.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	322481

I Epoxy in the bamboo skewers and cut them flush with a razor knife or chisel the next day

then I color the end of the sqewer with a sharpie that is close to the right color and spread a little more epoxy on the end to water proof the hole & camouflage it a little

this is just something to fill the hole i personaly wouldnt try to mount a screw into a bamboo sqewer or any piece of dowel but I'm sure some folks will
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    12mm PanHead. (Measured from bottom of head)
    Sweet, do you know how I can get them?

Sweet, do you know how I can get them?
    https://www.slidewright.com/kuu-pan-...-pdz2-bits.php Note that the panhead of these screws might be a bit smaller than stock screws that came with your bindings. I addressed that with a very thin tight-fitting washer.

An alternative is to use a stainless steel #12 sheet metal screw, grind off the point (and grind to length if necessary). #12 screw thread is a wee bit coarser than typical ABS but IME they work fine in a hole tapped with a ABS tap. Some may note that SS (typically 316 or 18-8) sheet metal screw material is not as strong as an ABS, which is likely true, but I have used them on many mounts with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    https://www.slidewright.com/kuu-pan-...-pdz2-bits.php Note that the panhead of these screws might be a bit smaller than stock screws that came with your bindings. I addressed that with a very thin tight-fitting washer.

An alternative is to use a stainless steel #12 sheet metal screw, grind off the point (and grind to length if necessary). #12 screw thread is a wee bit coarser than typical ABS but IME they work fine in a hole tapped with a ABS tap. Some may note that SS (typically 316 or 18-8) sheet metal screw material is not as strong as an ABS, which is likely true, but I have used them on many mounts with no problems.
    Already tried the screws from slidewright and they are too small both in head diameter and thread diameter. Anyone know the part code for Look? Maybe I can get a shop to order me a full bag

Already tried the screws from slidewright and they are too small both in head diameter and thread diameter. Anyone know the part code for Look? Maybe I can get a shop to order me a full bag
    Or maybe said shop has parts bin. I know we did.