Page 119 of 128 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3191
  1. #2951
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Can't believe I haven't thought of this before. Always thought finding the centerline was a PITA.
    +1!

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

  2. #2952
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    No longer Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    whoever suggested the large clamp + caliper to find the centerline gets a beer on me.
    Attachment 303029
    Iíll take the beer anytime

  3. #2953
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I’ll take the beer anytime
    FKNA. this is too simple, quick and more accurate than I've been in the past.

  4. #2954
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    off on yet another Tangent
    Posts
    2,777
    Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    FKNA. this is too simple, quick and more accurate than I've been in the past.
    To take the 'math' out of the equation :

    Name:  centerline-400x160.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  20.2 KB

    Name:  center-tool3.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  100.5 KB

    Name:  centerline-tool-2-handles.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  87.3 KB

    The square and tick mark method works quickly too:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	square1-400x300.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	303154

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	square3-275x400.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	303153
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

    SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Bike Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR
    BIKE TOOL BLOW OUT!

  5. #2955
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,510
    ^^+1 The square and tick mark method is so easy and works on any ski I dunno why anyone would mess with another method. If you get a thick enough square you have the ability to run it along the actual ski edge which will eliminate any issues with finding center off the topsheet on skis with slightly off topsheets or rounded tops (i.e. cap skis).

    For next level pro mounts, put some notches in the square in several spots near the usual widths that u mount and it keeps the pencil locked in when you draw the line.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  6. #2956
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    To take the 'math' out of the equation :

    Name:  centerline-400x160.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  20.2 KB

    Name:  center-tool3.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  100.5 KB

    Name:  centerline-tool-2-handles.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  87.3 KB

    The square and tick mark method works quickly too:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	square1-400x300.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	303154

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	square3-275x400.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	303153
    I love you. Jesus Iím an idiot for the shitty ruler method Iíve been using

  7. #2957
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    To take the 'math' out of the equation :

    Name:  centerline-tool-2-handles.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  87.3 KB
    totally. I forgot about your centering print.

    also, everyone stocking up on wax or tuning tools, buy stuff from Terry.

  8. #2958
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Picked up these 196 Blizzard bodacious today off craigslist for a fair price. Purchased some pivots from the shop and went home and mounted these pigs.

    We shall see if they live up to the hype...

    BTW K2's 193 is longer than Blizzard's 196


    Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    What's going on in the first pic? It sort of looks like you took the toe off the afd plate? Never scene it done that way.

    Enjoy those skis. Those things crush!!

  9. #2959
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    What's going on in the first pic? It sort of looks like you took the toe off the afd plate? Never scene it done that way.

    Enjoy those skis. Those things crush!!
    Very observant. Those pedestals are left over from the cast conversion I just did. The only reason they are in the picture is because I needed the plastic afds as the pivots I was mounting on the Blizzard's came with grip walk afd's and I am using a alpine boot.

    Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

  10. #2960
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    18,463
    I always use square & Tick method and I use the ski edge
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  11. #2961
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,510
    If I was regularly mounting skis without a jig, I'd invest in one of these little handy saddle square things. But for now my notched square works fine.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saddle-t_05.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	350.5 KB 
ID:	303209
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  12. #2962
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    FKNA. this is too simple, quick and more accurate than I've been in the past.
    Just be careful with clamp selection. Not all clamps are created equal and lots of clamps have jaws which flex and/or are nowhere near parallel/square to each other from the get go. My collection was laughable.

  13. #2963
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    P-tex, CA
    Posts
    8,213
    The question of all mounting questions....

    100 or 115mm on a 108mm waisted ski? We donít want arms as a 3rd edge am I right?

  14. #2964
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Meiss Meadows
    Posts
    1,259

    PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

    Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    The question of all mounting questions....

    100 or 115mm on a 108mm waisted ski? We donít want arms as a 3rd edge am I right?
    Extra wide (incorrectly adjusted, shop mounted) brake arms can allow the skis to get interlocked while in the middle of a Stein type turn.
    Very inconvenient.

  15. #2965
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Extra wide (incorrectly adjusted, shop mounted) brake arms can allow the skis to get interlocked while in the middle of a Stein type turn.
    Very inconvenient.
    Agreed. brake arms can also hook into your other legs pants. Both instances, no fun.

    I always size down if in between sizes and bend the arms a little if needed.

  16. #2966
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Oberstdorf
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    The question of all mounting questions....

    100 or 115mm on a 108mm waisted ski? We donít want arms as a 3rd edge am I right?
    Salomon? Sth2 100mm might need a slight bend and a little effort to unpair when once together, this gets better after a couple of days.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #2967
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    615
    The origami method for fining the center line works very well, if done carefully. I usually do two marks for front binding, two for the back, and see if they all line up (and actually, I always do each one twice, just to make sure it's right). Make sure you mark on the ski, exactly where you put the paper, so you can get it in the same place after folding.

  18. #2968
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    615
    Next question (I started a thread for this,, but was advised to ditch it and post here):

    I'm remounting some skis with a shop-mount, that used wood glue to seal the screws. I won't be reusing the old holes, so need to fill them. I usually use epoxy to fill the holes. But will the epoxy bind to the wood glue and form a solid seal? Or should I just go with plastic plugs?

    BTW I don't want to enlarge the holes, as new ones will be pretty close to old (and in that case, will plastic plugs be structurally sound enough?).

  19. #2969
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    east of west
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Next question (I started a thread for this,, but was advised to ditch it and post here):

    I'm remounting some skis with a shop-mount, that used wood glue to seal the screws. I won't be reusing the old holes, so need to fill them. I usually use epoxy to fill the holes. But will the epoxy bind to the wood glue and form a solid seal? Or should I just go with plastic plugs?

    BTW I don't want to enlarge the holes, as new ones will be pretty close to old (and in that case, will plastic plugs be structurally sound enough?).
    I would just put some epoxy in them and then pop the plugs in. If the holes are close to the old one then the bindings are going to cover the plugs. Don't be scerd.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

  20. #2970
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    18,463
    Epoxy is fine, if you don't use some kind of filler in the holes its hard to get the air bubbles out of the hole

    so you can either pound in the plastic plugs with or without epoxy OR I found BBQ skewers will fit perfectly in the holes

    I don't think hard wood plugs or BBQ skewers or plastic plugs add anything structurally to a ski ... they just seal the hole
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  21. #2971
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    12,143

    PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

    slidewright centering sticker for the win!

    (i also have a imperial dim centering ruler that works well too)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8E297D72-D5A3-458D-A194-2296DD4C3FBA.jpeg 
Views:	134 
Size:	269.6 KB 
ID:	303398

  22. #2972
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mostly the Elks, mostly.
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    So

    <snip>

    What think you all? Do I have any recourse because the dimbshit who handed me the skis was talking out his ass?
    update?

  23. #2973
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    3,147
    So far no news.....

    Multiple phone calls with no return. Need to go in person


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

  24. #2974
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    off on yet another Tangent
    Posts
    2,777
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    slidewright centering sticker for the win!

    (i also have a imperial dim centering ruler that works well too)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8E297D72-D5A3-458D-A194-2296DD4C3FBA.jpeg 
Views:	134 
Size:	269.6 KB 
ID:	303398
    Thanks Colon dude. (Sorry to hear about your back issues. Heal up!)

    I'm re-ordering more stickers for those interested this week.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

    SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Bike Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR
    BIKE TOOL BLOW OUT!

  25. #2975
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    No longer somewhere in Idaho
    Posts
    967
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0011.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	303591
    Mounted my own fukkin skis today.
    Lithic Cohen 118, ready for the big days to come...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •