Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    This was a phishing expedition. Never click on these type emails, but access your account directly and look for notifications online.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

I just received the same 21-day hold notice from Paypal. After 10+ years and a 100% feedback rating this is a terrible way for Paypal to treat their customers.

I'm insulted, I'm calling customer support, and I'm pissed.

Forgot about this thread. With zero payment sent or received lately they sent me an email the hold has been lifted. It still isn't cool.

Yeah, paypal can get bent. Had the same shit happen to me, but on their website. No email. Fuck em

Anyone know the status of Dwolla?

Same thing happined to me.... just chill it will clear out. You were just selling too much to fast!

Sent from my overpriced touch screen using TGR Forums
    That fly seems to like you!

They did it to me too: many years of 100% positive feedback and they still held the money for 21 days.

Hey Ebay! This is why I don't sell my stuff there anymore! At least I used to be able to take money orders...now you've forced me to use your shitty payment system that fucks sellers in the ass. In return, I'm choosing to no longer sell through Ebay.

I posted up about Venmo, an alternative payment system, have friends using it but haven't fully investigated it much on my own, other than setting up an account. Spats - figured you would have sourced an electronic pay system that works well by now...

Got the same message a couple months ago. 100% feedback too. Bit of a slap in the face from paypal. Got my payments fine but missed out on a couple items I wanted to buy because of the wait. Fuckers!

I ran into this same issue when I sold a suspension fork on eBay a couple weeks ago. I called twice: once when I had a confirmed tracking number and the second time when the item was delivered. Both times they basically said, "we're going to hold onto your money for the full 21 days with no exception." They never really gave an answer why.

But as said, they do monopolize the eBay payment method which sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I posted up about Venmo, an alternative payment system, have friends using it but haven't fully investigated it much on my own, other than setting up an account. Spats - figured you would have sourced an electronic pay system that works well by now...
    Ebay doesn't give you any choice. It's Paypal or nothing. I'm choosing "nothing".

How do you like craigslist?.... After Flea Bay got it's mitts in to it, they threatened lawsuits for the search sites that enabled total searches for craigslists (ie sitejaxx) ... There are some still out there but for how much longer. It used to be easy to do through google but they even got them to make it more difficult to do. F'em all.

I want to share my Paypal experience too.
    I ordered 2 Nixon watches on Ebay, paid with Paypal.
    After 15 days I receive the watches: they're fakes.
    So I file a request to paypal to have my money back , they want me to send them some papers issued by an authorized retailer that prove that the watches are fake.
    I did that, twice. One paper from an authorized dealer in my town and another one from Nixon Europe.
    The case has been closed by Paypal saying that I hadn't handed them enough information and that they wanted some sort of identification of the watche, like a code. How am I supposed to find an ID number or a code on a fucking fake China-made watch??
    Well, I trusted them and I won't anymore.
    FUCK YOU Paypal!!!
    Always Fight Gravity

Eh it's only a year or two before Canada will have a Digi currency then this will go by the wayside. I do not use eBay because of the likelihood of the items being fakes.

I got screwed by Paypal for $600 . I use them only when no other options are available
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Kind of unrelated, but still a "Fuck You Paypal" thing...they keep insisting I give them my bank account information if I want to continue making paypal purchases. They have my CC info, and I refuse to give them access to my bank or checking account. I rarely sell anything through paypal, but have used it to pay for a lot of things. I want to be able to fuck with them by calling my CC company should a dispute arise and they take the usual attitude of "Fuck You, we can do whatever we want".

They keep telling me I am reaching my limit without being "verified", but so far they have never prevent a purchase. If and when I reach that limit then paypal will no longer get any money from me, it is their choice.
    They just did this to me yesterday.They stopped a purchase.Said I reached the 10K limit?
    I will not give them my bank account info so fuck you PayPal for now

Yah I need to get a bank acount or something. I asked them to send me a check almost 3 weeks ago and haven't seen it yet although it said it was processed right away. They said there could be a decent wait before I got the check but this is redonkulous. I think since I don't have a credit card or bank account on there, they are waiting till the last possible second to actually send the check. Gonna have to figure something out cause I plan to start selling a bunch of stuff. Maybe I'll have to use somebody else's Paypal account.